Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay Pal only?

AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
Sorry CES, I was going to buy a pack for Camelot Unchained with a major credit card since I do not use Pay Pal to buy anything with.  Also having blank forum site pages is another very big turn off for not buying your product.

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Which forum site pages do you see blank? I can report them on the official forum to be fixed.

They are investigating other payment options besides PayPal. I do not know when those might be available nor whether that will include directly buying with a credit card though.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    You can use a major credit card on paypal.

You would get the same consumer protections by using your card.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Sovrath said:
    You can use a major credit card on paypal.

You would get the same consumer protections by using your card.

And you don't need a PayPal account to do it. PayPal is simply the processor, and one of the better ones at that. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    edited March 2016
    Acornia said:
    Sorry CES, I was going to buy a pack for Camelot Unchained with a major credit card since I do not use Pay Pal to buy anything with.  Also having blank forum site pages is another very big turn off for not buying your product.
    meddyck said:
    Which forum site pages do you see blank? I can report them on the official forum to be fixed.

They are investigating other payment options besides PayPal. I do not know when those might be available nor whether that will include directly buying with a credit card though.
    Yep, we are close to adding Stripe (though they have had problems too) as well.

And, as per above, you can pay with a credit card, e-check, etc. through PayPal.

And also as per above, please tell me where we have blank pages. We shouldn't have any and to the best of my knowledge, we don't but since you see them, we obviously do. :( Let me know and we'll take care of it.

Thanks for your interest, no matter what you decide to do!

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    ^ love this guy
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Acornia said:
    meddyck said:

And, as per above, you can pay with a credit card, e-check, etc. through PayPal.

And also as per above, please tell me where we have blank pages. We shouldn't have any and to the best of my knowledge, we don't but since you see them, we obviously do. :( Let me know and we'll take care of it.

Probably a Netscape Navigator issue :) j/k 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    What about when the game launches? Will we subscribe with credit cards or PayPal? How can you charge monthly on PayPal  automatically?
  • MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    CrazKanuk said:
    Acornia said:
    meddyck said:

LOL.

What about when the game launches? Will we subscribe with credit cards or PayPal? How can you charge monthly on PayPal  automatically?
    For recurring payments, we'll use whatever system is best at the time. BTW, PayPal does do subscription/recurring payments these days - https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/subscription-button#additional-info

However since we aren't going to charge subscription fees until we are LIVE, we haven't spent any time worrying about that yet. :)

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    CrazKanuk said:
    Acornia said:
    meddyck said:

Fantastic!  I half wish I still had my AOL email address :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

As Mark stated, I have used PayPal for recurring subs.  It worked well and then it came out of my chequeing account rather than having to put it on a credit card. 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Okey excellent, thanks for answering.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242

I had no Pay Pal options at all in my country until just recently - problem is that even just finding out about that was quite frustrating, also it took some time. I went through lots of disinformation and couple unpleasant situations - unfortunately wrapped in fake smiles and "no problem, it's easy, you just have to sign here...".

Maybe CSE simply doesn't care about bleeding money this early in development, or they are not aware of the size of the problem - since great chunk of customers will just walk away after just one click too much, not to mention days long procedures of informing oneself, exchanging emails with various companies and waiting in rows.

That is, many won't even bother to just start complaining.

W...aaagh?
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    I have had and still have problems today in trying to get Pay Pal account to work for me.

I think CSE needs to get Master Card and Visa card service set up and on line  for their store sells as soon as they can.
    To repeat the person above me, I dont like PayPal, I would much rather have them setup Mastercard / Visa service on their website. Thats the best solution IMHO.
    If World of Warcraft can do it, so can they !!!