Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worse Grafics than most games from 2005

Comments

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited March 2016
    Kiyoris said:

Oh god, they really need to stop with these ugly bloom effects. They do this in photography too.

And why should they stop =P
    It's in the same category as "High Dynamic Range". After a while you want to puke when you see the effect.

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Kiyoris said:
    Kiyoris said:

Oh god, they really need to stop with these ugly bloom effects. They do this in photography too.

And why should they stop =P
    It's in the same category as "High Dynamic Range". After a while you want to puke when you see the effect.

Those landscape images are really beautiful, but I agree that all this light may hurt the eyes after a while. ^^
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited March 2016
    You're comparing apples with oranges. Crowfall will be an MMO with destructible terrain, they'll need to keep the graphics very simple compared to other games or it won't run on today's computers.

EDIT: Their bloom effect could be toned down a bit, though. But it's only early alpha, so there's a good chance they might adjust it to be better.

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Yah, and Francis, I think all the other pictures look quite nice btw, I just think the bloom effect is overused.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I think the game looks good. The game play is what looks bland.
    edited March 2016
    Recore said:
    Well all what we got so far is a tiny arena with a "battle royale" style of gameplay, only 4 archetypes and not much to do beside hitting monsters and players. They're adding new features in the test at the end of the month though. Should be more interesting to test and watch on live stream. =P
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I like bloom effects, real-life is no different. Sun hurts the eyes sometimes. Bloom in a game makes it difficult to see the environment but never actually hurts my eyes.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    As long as it has better gameplay than most of the themepark , on rails , crap that's been released since 2005 it's still miles ahead in the fun department and that's what matters.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Recore said:
    Well all what we got so far is a tiny arena with a "battle royale" style of gameplay, only 4 archetypes and not much to do beside hitting monsters and players. They're adding new features in the test at the end of the month though. Should be more interesting to test and watch on live stream. =P

I know its still early so  I am still keeping an eye on the game. I saw the Ranger video and it did not impress me. Have they showed any other classes?
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    fodell54 said:
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
    I'm pretty sure the knife handle is sharper that that one.

Recore said:
    Recore said:

I know its still early so  I am still keeping an eye on the game. I saw the Ranger video and it did not impress me. Have they showed any other classes?
    Well so far the Legionnaire, Champion, Knight and Confessor are in the test, and the Ranger is being added at the end of the month. They haven't shown the other ones yet or told us which one would get tested after the Ranger though.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    All you guys complaining about bloom haven't played Dying Light with its chromatic aberration...

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I'm trying to figure out which early production graphics benchmark he's comparing this to? 

Has the OP EVER experienced a game at this stage of development? 

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I think the graphical style is great. The hyper realistic stuff looks creepy and is too hard on the system anyway. Crowfalls look is based in part from Team Fortress. Which has the graphics it id to make the specs pretty low. It looks good and its a good tradeoff

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Doesn't bother me. I prefer stylized graphics over someone failing miserably at trying to be photorealistic.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    DrDread74 said:
    You soud like one of those guys that only talks about how good women are supposed to look and never dated a fat chick =)
    OMG, WTF???

My kidneys hurt from laughing...
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Now that the laughing is over...  The cartoony graphics are the trend of the future for MMO's.  They look clean, are easier to work with, adjust and design new outfits for and they allow lower end systems to run them well.

Of all the things to complain about, this is pretty minor.  Maybe you need to spend some time with DrDread74 and his fat chicks???
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Is this a repeat of 2003?  People said the same thing about Shadowbane.  Except Shadowbane blew away every single game of its time.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited April 2016
    crowfall is vape as far as im concerned.  mmorpg has been covering crowfall since it was in its beginning stages as a developer's fart.  and yes developer's farts are covered in depth on this site with huge articles because those farts could one day become vape which could in 5 years become a pre-alpha.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Goromhir said:
    Cartoon Style or not, the textures look cheap and are LowRes. I expect way better texture resolution in the year 2016 than this. 

Even Vanguard (SOE) and many other older game look better. 

Look at the amor of the Knight at the Character Creator Screen. No Details just flat armor and a boring flat Shield with a few scratches. 

No 16x Anisotropic Filtering and now SMAA or whatever will correct or improve the bad texture quality.

We have Grafic Cards with 3000+ Shader Processors  , SLI and whatall. This company is programing a game for stoneage computers.

If this Game really needs a good computer then just because of sloppy coding...... 

I did not jump the hype train blindly just because a new game is coming and some people founded it that are now super fanboy´s because they put their money into this game.

Either the developers and the responsible Game Lead Designer compares his overall LowQuality Textures to other actual games and starts improving the visible quality of the game or me and many other wont buy this Old schoolísh looking game.

If i want to play WoW i can do that right now pretty quick..................... 

CROWFALL needs HiRes Textures or it looks like a stoneage game ....   Thank you
    It's a fairly simple matter of taste tbh, if the graphics don't do it for ya, makes it easy decision on the game.

For example, I could never stand WoW's graphics, so despite having tried over 50 MMOs, WoW isn't and never will be one of them.   

So yeah, if you think graphics are such a huge turn off, move on.   Oh and btw, I'm playing Black Desert now - looks real pretty, may want to check it out.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    To the OP. Your spelling is the worst since kindergarten.
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    I looked at the video from the 16th of March. 
    After taking into account the visual reductions due to the streaming/archiving, I'd say it looks pretty good. 
    No it's not photorealistic, but I doubt anyone other than the 2 dozen people with systems that could decently run that would want it. It would drastically crank up resources used, including bandwidth usage, hard drive space, ram, gpu, etc..  

Also, this is PRE-ALPHA!  If they feel like cranking up the texture details, they can easily do that later. Right now, especially when it hasn't been optimized yet, simpler graphics are better for testing. After all, if you put in ubermodels and you drop to 4 fps, you won't get any testing done. That'll have to wait until there has been more engine optimizations. 

For that matter, I like a simpler appearance anyway. There are more than enough games that have stuck on so many detailed textures that when it gets rendered in actual play, it looks like a junkpile or something. It actually detracts from what you see when there's too much small garbage on screen. 

Before bashing the game for it's graphics, or for that matter, anything that isn't complete yet, just sit back and wait for them to actually get into late beta at least. Things can seriously change even between last day of beta and official release. 

Now before any fool tries to call me a Crowfall fanboy, I'll explain this real simple to you. I have no real interest in a pvp game. I only pvp when I want to, which isn't often. I have no interest in a game where I can get ganked by a squad of twinks double me level while I'm stuck in dialog windows with npcs. (Yes, that's happened plenty of time in other games, so I don't even waste my time with non-consensual pvp games anymore.) Now of course, they aren't in beta yet, so why do I say their pvp stance is a no go for me? Because it's one of the defining features they've detailed, and is about as likely to change as this game is to be released in China first.  

So you don't like the game. Fine, don't play it. But I do question as to why you started an entire thread on it.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    " wait for them to actually get into late beta at least. "

That's really horrible advice.  You complain early or don't bother, because nothing is going to change more than tweaks after beta.
  • Shas_TraitorShas_Traitor Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited April 2016
    barasawa said:
    My problem with the game is the PvP. Crow sounded really interesting, until I got hit with the non-consensual PvP. Well, have fun at the gankfest, I'm not coming. No, seriously, have fun killing each other, that's just not my thing.
    I have no idea what could be interesting in Crowfall other than the non-consensual player versus player.

Realizer said:
    Graphics.
    I was worried about the design of the graphics too at first glance, but as progress advanced I think it is in a much better state than it was during it's earliest renditions.

Not that this is even a big deal, the only thing that matter is giving the player something to design, build, generally invest time in and feel that they 'own' in the game... so someone like me can take it from them.

That last part is key.
    Wizardry said:
    I don't understand what demographic they are aiming for.
    Graphics won't win them that crowd,pvp is locked up in several other games,module fort/castle building ,although not a lot of that,this game is flat out selling it in cash shop which is a huge downgrade on the game itself ,where players like to feel they are striving for or earning something.
    So what happens is,ok i bought my castle now what?Ok go pvp,already seeing much better games doing that,from the very large moba crowd to OW to the better looking Paragon to the many military pvp games,i just don't see a market for what Crowfall is selling.
    As mentioned by others here the cash shop castles are in the eternal kingdoms only, which is essentially just a trophy room/lobby for the game with some ADHD features when in-between campaigns.

The idea from what I can tell is more like a MOBA with longevity and player design, what you are fighting over is player built and designed by them to be their home (in a campaign). And you have the opportunity to take that from them over their crumpled bodies, which were also designed and invested-in over a longer period of time than in a MOBA.

Wizardry said:
    Well if the game is going for guild versus guild,you already have a MUCH more COMPLETE game in Ruins of Magic,why did people not just jump all over that.
    IN ROM you even have guild houses/halls to battle within/over without supporting the cash shop to buy them.

After 2 minutes of google searches, it is 'Runes' of Magic not 'Ruins' of Magic, which the fact you did not know that leads me to believe you have never actually played it.

I have never heard of this game personally before you mis-mentioning it, probably because it is made by a small Taiwanese company.

A cursory search discovered this about it's sieges:

"Let me remind you, this feature is still in Beta." - Gamepedia.com's entry on ROM siege feature.

It is hard to call something 'more' complete when ROM was clearly not built from the ground up based around a key guild versus guild feature. That was just a snippet, the rest of the article, a bit long winded, discussed the problems with the feature in it's current state.

article link: http://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Siege_Wars

Parepin said:
    Is this a repeat of 2003?  People said the same thing about Shadowbane.  Except Shadowbane blew away every single game of its time.
    Minus the massive performance issues that saw the population plunge shortly after launch. It was a shitty game, but still better than anything else on the market at the time and to this day.

time007 said:
    crowfall is vape as far as im concerned.
    I will admit the first time I saw the project I thought 'Scam', and I am still not completely convinced the current pre-alpha executables could not have been easily developed by a skilled individual for a minuscule 10,000 USD.

But then again I can be quite paranoid at times, I have been told.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    To answer your question OP, yes even if the game is good if the graphics are bad the game won't interest lot's of people. We are in 2016 and NO game good > graphics is not sufficient anymore.