Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will I make it to 6 years?

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
...before spending $ on a new game/product? With all the MMO's and what not that came out in first quarter of 2016, as well as having pretty good idea of what's coming in the first half of 2016, my radar again goes back to WOW: Legion and if Blizzard indeed does some changes/improvements (like going back to 10 man hardest raiding as option vs 20/25 and delivering faster content on pace, which I hope so, given how I believe they understand better than ever now that it will take more to keep those subs than what WOD delivered) there is a good chance it will be at least 6 years before I open my wallet on a new game (so, that's 7-8 years of anything that's been in the oven, in development to simply not target me).

So, how long do you think will it take before I spend $ again on a new product/game and which product do you think could succeed at finally opening my wallet? Over these last 5 years all I'm going to say is I've had over $20,000 sitting in my bank account. So, $ definitely has not been my obstacle in enjoying all that has came out.

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I understand discussing the merits or failures of F2P, but re-targeting the discussion to you personally seems a bit egotistical.  I literally cringed while reading this post.

What I'm trying to say without sounding like a jerk is: Who cares what you spend your money on, or not?

People could throw titles at you all day long, and if you want to be smug about freeloading, then you can just "nope, nope, nope" them all.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I guess he needs guidance on how to spend his money or how to spend his time, both of which I care little of.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Buy JPEGs in Star Citizen, it is a sound investment! :chuffed: 
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    I really get a kick out of these, it does not matter, there are a shit ton of badass games that have been released in the past 6 years, it looks to me that you have lost out

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Maybe you need another hobby. Seems like you are not a gamer anymore.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    @H0urg1ass, to answer your question on who cares what I spend or do not spend my $ on? You do, otherwise you wouldn't be posting and commenting as well as asking about it. The purpose for forums after all is exchange of information and opinions between members of the community, and posting in random threads without actually doing that, but rather question what I could would or could not be doing, or having some hidden agendas is going into the imagination land.

My questions were honest and if you cannot be helpful with them and contribute to this thread, might as well not post at all.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2016
    Kopogero said:
    @H0urg1ass, to answer your question on who cares what I spend or do not spend my $ on? You do, otherwise you wouldn't be posting and commenting as well as asking about it. The purpose for forums after all is exchange of information and opinions between members of the community, and posting in random threads without actually doing that, but rather question what I could would or could not be doing, or having some hidden agendas is going into the imagination land.

My questions were honest and if you cannot be helpful with them and contribute to this thread, might as well not post at all.
    Honest question... what exactly do you expect the reaction to be to your ongoing narrative here?

Btw Forums are for debate, not a daily personal status report. Take that to Facebook.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited March 2016
    [mod edit]
     Wait you're still making these threads a year later where you pretend the gaming industry needs to specifically target you, for a game to be successful or something? These guys are just telling you what everyone is thinking about your threads. Same with your thread last year about how you had no clue how expensive dental work was, till you needed it. Attempting to boast about your bank account isn't helping your egotistical rant. 

Talking about moderation staff, how many of your threads have the mods been forced to close because of your bait titles, and posts? Answer: Too many. I thank them though, because frankly this is a gaming forum, and you're obviously not interested in gaming.

Maybe one day after 1,000 of your threads get closed, you'll figure out why it happens. 
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    You took yourself out of the gaming "economy". For the last 5 years mmo's, along with all the other gaming genres, have been making money by the dump truck full. Players have far more choices in what types of games they play and how they pay for them than ever before. If you think game devs or publishers are wringing their hands trying to figure out how to get you to open your wallet you're delusional. I'm sorry if that comes across hashly. 

I'm 36 years old and have been gaming since my dad brought home an Atari 2600 and I feel like there has never been a better time to be a gamer than right now. Good luck on your quest though, hopefully you find something eventually.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Dear God someone find this guy a game so he stops making MMORPG.com threads.

This is getting serious.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Kopogero said:

I'm not at all worried about what you spend your money on.  Your reply is a complete non-sequitur.  My reply does not indicate care about how you spend your money.  My reply indicated that your ego is vastly inflated to come to these forums and attempt to bait people into a personal argument concerning your spending habits.

If you had instead come here and said, "I'm considering these three games, which one do you guys think I should spend my money on?"  Then that would be a great question.

Rather than that, however, you came here and said "I love myself because I don't spend money on games that the rest of you are paying for.  Please list a bunch of games and tell me why I should spend money on them (so that I can tell you how I'm not going to pay for them either.)"
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kopogero said:

Someone could feel compelled against with will to reply.  I rolled a 4 on a d6 so I had to respond.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    edited March 2016
    I strongly suggest anyone here who intends to post in this thread to read again my thread (specifically the last paragraph) and if you don't have the answer/guess on what product that might be from all that we know that is coming in future I suggest you don't post at all, unless you intend to continue violating the TOS MMORPG has in effect. I only flagged two posters above and I hope I don't have to do it anymore.

My introductory post is based on my own experience and decisions and I only put it there so those who are actually interested to contribute to this thread to have a more accurate idea on my background to have an easier time to figure and narrow down this product as well as possibly guess what period and how long it would be before this occurs, thx.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Kopogero said:
    I strongly suggest anyone here who intends to post in this thread to read again my thread (specifically the last paragraph) and if you don't have the answer/guess on what product that might be from all that we know that is coming in future I suggest you don't post at all, unless you intend to continue violating the TOS MMORPG has in effect. I only flagged two posters above and I hope I don't have to do it anymore.

My introductory post is based on my own experience and decisions and I only put it there so those who are actually interested to contribute to this thread to have a more accurate idea on my background to have an easier time to figure and narrow down this product as well as possibly guess what period and how long it would be before this occurs, thx.
    Yeah, but you make a new post about the same things once a week. People have said, repeatedly, that maybe you just need to find a new hobby for awhile. I guess your new hobby is telling us about your bank account and how you don't spend money on MMORPG's once a week. I look forward to next week's installment of the same base topic with slightly different wording. 
    Kopogero said:

I strongly suggest you realize when making a thread anything you say is fair game to respond to as it's the topic you created and those words ( all of those great words, such smart words) are the body of the topic, the bad part is you've made yourself the topic, hence you are the topic. Considering that.. very few people are breaking the TOS in these responses. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    why do you think people would care about you spending or not spending money on video games?
    Next time try this.. instead of writing what you usually do, leave yourself, your net worth etc.. out of the topic. simply ask "when is the next great game coming around?" problem solved...

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Don't get sick or go to court cause that money will be gone.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Someone really wanted to brag about having $20000 in the bank. 
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    @OP, you got some serious problems man..

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited March 2016
    You seriously are asking people to tell you how to spend your money?  You are really asking people, on this forum of all places advice on what you should do with your money?

Ok, here ya go, take it and put it in a nice long term investment with low risk/low return.  That way when you grow up and can make decisions on your own without input from total strangers you will have considerably more cash at your disposal.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    How much is a life going for these days?
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    @Kopogero - Have you sat down at any point and tried to come up with the concrete list of features an MMO must have for you to play it, along with a list of features it can't have?

You do post regularly about how all the current MMORPGs suck and how you haven't spent any money on them recently. Thats fine and for the most part, I agree (I just passed the 3yr mark myself). However, it's pointless starting thread after thread bemoaning the lack of good MMOs if you don't define your minimum requirements for a good MMO. Perhaps if you did, we could have a constructive thread talking about specific features rather than the endless old-school/complex/time-consuming/sandbox vs new/dumbed down/linear/casual debates that we normally have. 

For example, my minimum requirements are:

• Objective-based world PvP - e.g. WARs PvP lakes, LotROs Ettenmoors - I love fighting over keeps!
    • Deep / Complex Combat - tab-targetting, lots of skills, strong interdependency between classes, more than just the trinity (I hate the trinity, give me support classes!)
    • Horizontal Gear Progression at Endgame
    • Strong IP
    It took me a long time to come up with those 4, but after looking at my past playing habits, the games that held my attention etc, these things were the 4 most important to me and so I always assess new MMOs by these standards. A few MMOs came close to meeting my requirements over the last few years, for example ESO had 3/4, it just lacked good combat. 

Once we know and understand your requirements, we might be able to turn this into a worthwhile thread. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Honestly you're being mocked because you use these forums like your personal space where you come and crow about not spending money with a tiny veil of disguising it as a request but in all honestly it is merely you bragging about not paying any money for any games.

If you did once to twice it would be fine but you keep coming back every few weeks and posting this stuff and people are not ignoring your threads when they rightly should as that is actually the most effective method of shutting you up (me included, shame on me).

These forums ARE NOT I repeat are not your personal space.You cannot come here and write these threads and not expect people to respond and when they do you threaten them even. If you wish to write these threads then I think in the light of the previous posts you have made about this topic you should expect the reaction that you do. You are being disingenuous by pretending to be upset when you knew full well how people would respond given your previous posts. I would categorically say you're trolling these boards at this point and you should be moderated instead.

• WinterstoneWinterstone Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I think there are plenty of good mmorpgs in development that could use the backing. I think you should spend some money on them