Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV finally fixes blueblocking

YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
Too little too late? They should have released this with steam and maybe it wouldnt have been the disaster it was, it was pretty much the number one complaint about griefing.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    What exactly is blueboxing?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I thought maybe the OP meant "blue balling"  :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Too little too late? They should have released this with steam and maybe it wouldnt have been the disaster it was, it was pretty much the number one complaint about griefing.
    "It's dead Jim..."

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Yea they couldn't figure out the difference between hardcore and psychopathic behavior.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • revann1revann1 Member CommonPosts: 2
    cl
  • revann1revann1 Member CommonPosts: 2
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Yeah you'll have to fill me in on what this is.  I am surprised the game is still able to finance itself.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Aethaeryn said:
    Yeah you'll have to fill me in on what this is.  I am surprised the game is still able to finance itself.
    It was the number 1 griefing tool used in Mortal Online. Since the game is aim based instead of tab target, and it has a flagging system where if you hit an innocent (blue) player you go grey (criminal), griefers would often jump into your attacks while you were fighting mobs and then be able to kill you without any penalty. They added a switch so you dont do damage to blue players and fixed this.

Im surprised as well, I heard the main dev Henrik is rich so he can keep it going even if it gives no profits. The game has a small die hard playerbase tho, and it has actually slowly increased in players the last 2 months. 

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Aethaeryn said:
    It was the number 1 griefing tool used in Mortal Online. Since the game is aim based instead of tab target, and it has a flagging system where if you hit an innocent (blue) player you go grey (criminal), griefers would often jump into your attacks while you were fighting mobs and then be able to kill you without any penalty. They added a switch so you dont do damage to blue players and fixed this.

Im surprised as well, I heard the main dev Henrik is rich so he can keep it going even if it gives no profits. The game has a small die hard playerbase tho, and it has actually slowly increased in players the last 2 months. 

I might give it a try again, then. The blue blocking was one of my main issues with the game. Partially because it was frustrating to deal with and partially because it's a problem from 1999 - there's no reason it should be in a modern MMO.  
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?