Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shards Online’s Skill System

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited March 2016 in Legends of Aria
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

This game really looks awesome but what always has and always with bother me with a system like this is there are no character builds.  One of my favorite aspects of rpgs is building a character.  With no caps and the ability to learn all skills as well as everyone else regardless of anything else the game just becomes the same thing as a game with just one class and no skills. 

It highly favors anyone without a job and/or family since they have more time to be able to max everything. 

It lacks the focus and specialization of coming up with a build like in Mortal Online, Fallen Earth, UO, etc. 

There is never a reason to make a new character.

I always craft in a game that has restricted crafting professions, since I enjoy crafting but don't want to spend all my time crafting instead of doing pve and pvp.  If there are no crafting limitations I get burnt out on trying to max all crafts at all times and usually leave the game.

If a game seems to only pander to people with unlimited play time I usually leave the game.  No skill caps is fine for games like Runescape with a big market of kids and younger people who do not want to have to think or plan a build, but this game looks perfect for the old Asheron's Call, UO, people looking for depth and substance over ease of use and streamlined accessibility. 

It could be just me but I just can't get into games with a do everything and max everything with one character type games whether it is Runescape or The Secret World or Final Fantasy - it usually just means a huge boring grind and a gameworld and economy run by kids. 

Limitations and character builds open up other opportunities for expansion as well, such as new races like UO introduced and gave players a reason to stay and level up another character, etc.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    So stoked for this...... I do have to admit, though, I was one of the first 100 to back this, giving me Alpha 1 access, and I haven't played it yet....... Maybe I'll see if I can dig out a code somewhere and give it a go. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MMOreaverMMOreaver Member UncommonPosts: 75
    edited May 2016

Having those Skills is nice, but doesn´t matter without working Gameplay.
    so has the combat now become "fluent" ? what i saw in winter looked like bad browsergame ;(
    maybe they underestimated the project..
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    So will AFK macroing be allowed?

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• Logrus_CSLogrus_CS Member UncommonPosts: 87
    So far no plans to prevent it. However, we are working to ensure that the most effective skill gain occurs through interactive gameplay.