Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delete pls (previously bdo short review)

2»

Comments

• carvalho677carvalho677 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited March 2016
    @RemyVorender this will probably sound weird but I hoped that everyone in here had a similiar mindset to yours .. don't like the game? fine just uninstall and done no more issues... than we have the other 90% of the community in here which seem like they made their life mission to bash on this game as much as they can
    Post edited by carvalho677 on
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    cura said:
    Scorchien said:
    i try and like this game , but everytime i log in more annoys .. So many npcs walking on the roads .. ridiculous ...  Gold Spam is now heavy............ and the worst one that bothers me latley ..... so immersion breaking ....

!PARKING!                     
    Whats more funny is you have to spend like 30 energy to report gold seller. I mean... seriously?
    What's even funnier is that you think "Request a chat ban" = reporting gold sellers. Blocking them is free. But then, of course, you don't get the satisfaction of having told the teacher on them.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Thanks Arch.

• manolodazonamanolodazona Member UncommonPosts: 8
    you shoudn't post this in a hate filled forum like this one... I do agree with the points you made and the review is a good read
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I was hyped for this game after the closed beta, and I still think the 'world' is the best of any MMO so far... but, it's an intrinsically shallow game in that there is only one competitive way to play, grind, grind, grind. That gets you the fastest levels, the most money, the most karma, the most loot, the top equipment, the best everything. It's boring once you realize that.

Oh, and Daum being a bunch of incompetent, greedy wotsits doesn't help either.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Wizardry said:

Soloing,again,another predominantly single player game with a login screen,about the only player interaction will be pvp,so they had to put no effort at all into the mmo aspect of the game other than a login screen.
    That's actually not true. Yes one can solo but the better xp is with a group and there are people who definitely group up, especially in the wanted xp spots.

additionally, the boss scrolls are better done in groups.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    The OP hasn't dropped by these forums for almost eight months.  I wonder if he still has such a high opinion of the game or whether the shine is off yet?
  • LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    awesome ! im still waiting for a game that keeps me interested longer than a week and sad to say NO mmo since UO pre Tram has held my interest for long starting to lose hope, thinking chronicles of elria is only thing on the horizon that might be decent for me

• derfritzderfritz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    H0urg1ass said:
    The OP hasn't dropped by these forums for almost eight months.  I wonder if he still has such a high opinion of the game or whether the shine is off yet?
    Got hacked sadly and have been busy with some other stuff so right now can´t really say where my opinion still is... I do feel like going to back to the game just to see it´s current state
  • derfritzderfritz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited January 2017
    DMKano said:
    derfritz said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    Got hacked sadly and have been busy with some other stuff so right now can´t really say where my opinion still is... I do feel like going to back to the game just to see it´s current state
    So how long did you play for before you stopped?

From your reply sounds like its been a while since you played.

No shame in it as an average player today lasts 2-6 weeks, this is regardless of games quality or how much the originally loved the game.
    Played for about 2 months (since release) and did have my fun with it despite noticing how grinding was a big part of it. Then got hacked and after countless weeks of talking with the support and achieving nothing I ended up giving up. 

Now that it´s been a while however I do feel like returning to it in the near future even if just to check out the new classes and regions
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Jonnyp2 said:
    I'm just so sick of listening to that stupid little girl berate the Giant at the Velia Warehouse.. or the group of idiots playing cards by the Auction House.  The repeated dialogue in the game is probably worse than ESO.  Oh and my god that Dwarf storage guy in Heidal has the creepiest voice acting ever...  

Aside from that I'm really enjoying BDO.
    You've just listed the reason I turned off all sound in the game.
    It only comes back on during the rare times I go questing.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I've tried the game and just decided to walk away..
    Reasons....gender locked (female only RANGER class......actual crafting done my minions(not your character...so crafting is more like a business with you as a ceo)......poor siege pvp mechanics (you buy ...not make,siege equipment and fight at scheduled times,no siege equipment repair,no characters who can be developed to excel at siege. Game is basically a grind feast to level characters to fight in node or keep fights.One on one pvp fights dependent on gear to determine winner of most fights(so game becomes a race for superior gear).

So ,I wait,not playing any mmo, waiting for CAMELOT UNCHAINED and it's interminable crawl to beta.
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    kitarad said:
    I have been thinking about this and considering if I should just take the plunge to enjoy the world. I wanted to just farm may be breed horses and fish and level up but not engage in PvP. I was however hesitant since I wondered if and when guilds became powerful enough that they might take over even the lower areas driving a solo player like me out.

It's not that I don't want to group I love grouping games like FFXIV dungeons and I am huge Everquest fan but this game is different and I will be doing pretty much solo activities and I just am concerned about the future when these guilds dominate and do not allow others to even own small farms. What will happen too if Daum changes the level that PvP is enabled which they can do at any time since they have changed it from the Korean version. 

Big guilds to dominate can be ruthless and I am aware that control of resources is a viable strategy and can be employed irregardless of the loss of gaming opportunities to a puny player like me.
    I have my farms outside of heidel regardless of who owns the area. I raise and breed my horses without interference from any guild, not even my own. The system doesn't work the way you're describing.