Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Energy system?

SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
In a buy to play game there is an energy system. So far that is the most frustrating thing. Why?

I went to upgrade a skill and it tells me I don't have enough energy. Talk ( conversations ) to an NPC takes energy. Discover an area takes energy. Harvest anything takes energy. 

A buy to play game with none of its features but it sure does cram every f2p system in ever invented. This whole buy to play was nothing but a charade to get more money.

Comments

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    edited March 2016
    I think as you level you keep gaining more and iirc from CBT the energy bar is account wide. Not sure on that. I do swear the second char had more than the first one.

It is anti-spamming thing too. using chat take energy.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    So stupid.

Just normally playing the game and I can't keep enough energy to actually do anything but grind.

I think I'll harvest a bit.. La la la. Out of energy.

I'll get some knowledge.. Nope no energy.

Okay maybe I'll fight.. La la la.. Cool! I can get a new skill or upgrade another. Wait. No I can't because I don't have energy!!!!!!!!!!

I can't play the game because I'm playing the game... How did that makes any sense.
  • MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    SlyLoK said:
    So stupid.

Just normally playing the game and I can't keep enough energy to actually do anything but grind.

Okay maybe I'll fight.. La la la.. Cool! I can get a new skill or upgrade another. Wait. No I can't because I don't have energy!!!!!!!!!!

I can't play the game because I'm playing the game... How did that makes any sense.
    I got about 90 energy atm, and I can certainly get plenty more as well - as long as you keep progressing, meeting new npc's etc, you'll get more energy, eventually ending up with so much that its barely going to slow you down that much.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited March 2016
    DMKano said:
    SlyLoK said:
    So stupid.

It's a very mob-grind centric game.

If you are not ready to grind mobs for 100's of hours (especially in 50s when real grind kicks in), this is not the game for you.

Energy restores pretty fast though but again, you cant just do a bunch of stuff that requires energy - gotta grind mobs along the way.

Did you not do any research on this game? 

I have played games with far more grind than this one could even dream of having. Grinding 8 hours is nothing. I've played games that took 1000 hours to get to end game stages and another 2000 hours to cap your character. So don't speak to me about a grind.

I did research and nothing said that every sneeze took energy. If you want money up front then you better dang well let those play the game at their leisure.

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    It doesn't take energy to kill mobs and go explore so you can up the bar a little gain energy every 3 minutes.

It was put there to irritate you so you quit on minor shit that doesn't make a bit of difference.
    j/k

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    ArChWind said:
    That seems (to me) to be an incredibly silly system to combat chat spam.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited March 2016
    SlyLoK said:
    In a buy to play game there is an energy system. So far that is the most frustrating thing. Why?

I went to upgrade a skill and it tells me I don't have enough energy. Talk ( conversations ) to an NPC takes energy. Discover an area takes energy. Harvest anything takes energy. 

A buy to play game with none of its features but it sure does cram every f2p system in ever invented. This whole buy to play was nothing but a charade to get more money.
    It's an f2p game in 3 region. It is b2p in NA/EU simply because players of NA/EU love to believe that having to pay to access game means there won't be any bots. Also there is the bragging rights of being a paid customer "i am superior to f2p because i pay(not because of gameplay skill which in most cases suck ballz compared to inferior free players".

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Energy regains so just do other stuff.
    ArChWind said:

Not really. In CBT2 I heard a few bitching but the energy is 1 energy per text and 3 energy recharge a min so spamming chat would be really hard to do. However the stupid shit that was scrolling across chat window I would rather see guild recruitments more often.

At one point I just turned it off due to al the vulgarity that predominates these type of games when boys get to play with girl avatars . Meaningful conversions were few and far between.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    SlyLoK said:
    So stupid.

There are plenty of quests that give energy back.
    Also, your alts have separate energy pools, while the game has a bunch of stuff that unlocks for the whole account once you do it on a character.

So you could easily switch to an alt go do conversations. Also, skills don't cost energy if you go train them at a trainer. They only have an energy cost when you learn them out in the middle of nowhere. (Presumably because your character's figuring out all that stuff on his own xD)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

DMKano said:
    Recore said:
    Yep.
    Like grinding mobs :D
    Grinding mobs, fishing, delivering trade items, etc...
    There's a ton of stuff you can do that doesn't require energy.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Recore said:
    Like grinding mobs 
    Like doing quest
    Like talking to npcs for knowlege
    LIke connecting nodes
    Like  trading
    Like maybe doing some gathering
    Like doing some combat training

I have been playing daily since the 1st day of head start and have yet to come close to running out of energy. 

• knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    anti spamming mostly as well as making sure you dont exhaust yourself playing a game for too long its a problem over in korea were the game is based, but mostly anti spamming and bot methods
    DMKano said:
    The energy system is there to slow down player progress.

Archeage's labor system is there to prevent players mass crafting 3000 armor pieces in an hour until they succeeded and got full mythic in first week.

The energy systems in these games are about slowing down how fast you can max out your characters. 

There are a bunch of level 50+ in Black Desert already, what's holding them back from being fully geared out is the energy system. 

I'm going to send you a buddy key for BDO just to piss you off. :pleased: 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I'm lv23 and my energy pool is up to 60, it's far less than i want but in time i should have over 300.  I wish they would have keep it like it is in Kr but its far to early to see how this will play out.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

DMKano said:
    ArChWind said:
    DMKano said:
    The energy system is there to slow down player progress.

Archeage's labor system is there to prevent players mass crafting 3000 armor pieces in an hour until they succeeded and got full mythic in first week.

The energy systems in these games are about slowing down how fast you can max out your characters. 

There are a bunch of level 50+ in Black Desert already, what's holding them back from being fully geared out is the energy system. 

I'm going to send you a buddy key for BDO just to piss you off. :pleased: 
    Lol  - it would be wasted on me, I still have my KR account with my blader.

Silly.

IP blocked or did you get past it?

DMKano said:

VPN so I am never blocked - it's how I play all KR games
    I will save it then for when and if I start. Going to let the system die down a little and see if it actually has servers by June. Maybe then a blader will be possible,

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    SlyLoK said:
    Side note : If you go see a trainer, you can train skill without needing energy.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    ArChWind said:
    ArChWind said:

Not really. In CBT2 I heard a few bitching but the energy is 1 energy per text and 3 energy recharge a min so spamming chat would be really hard to do. However the stupid shit that was scrolling across chat window I would rather see guild recruitments more often.

At one point I just turned it off due to al the vulgarity that predominates these type of games when boys get to play with girl avatars . Meaningful conversions were few and far between.
    I'm not debating its effectiveness against chat spam or the energy system in general- just the reasoning for including chat in the energy system.  I don't think it's warranted, nor do I think it's a good precedent.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I agree with OP. Having a labor system in a non F2P game is absurd.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    I agree with OP. Having a labor system in a non F2P game is absurd.
    What is absurd about that? You can always some labor pots in the cash shop, no matter whether you charge an entry or even subscription fee.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Because you paid money to play the entire game, not be stuck on the F2P ball n chain. If they ask for money up front you should be able to do whatever you want.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Because you paid money to play the entire game, not be stuck on the F2P ball n chain. If they ask for money up front you should be able to do whatever you want.
    ...oh, dat self-entitlement.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Few games let you do whatever you want regardless if you had to pay or not.

If there wasn't energy, something else would have been there to slow down progress. All mmo do that, else hardcore players would finish the game in a couple of days.

• jelliuzjelliuz Member UncommonPosts: 97
    It is not restricting, been playing all day and I am always at max for some reason :x