Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone catch that Blizzard...

SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
Is hiring people for a new project in the Diablo Universe.. http://www.diablofans.com/. Scroll down a bit and you will see the section with it.

Wonder what it could be?

Card game?
Diablo 4?
Diablo MMO?

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Nooo. Can't edit my post.

Could also be another Diablo 3 Expansion I suppose.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Mobile... Diablo is ripe for mobile gaming.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Well Blizzard's latest efforts have been expanding in new directions. Card game? Unlikely, they have the money printer Hearthstone. MMO? I really dunno if they want to open that can'o'worms. Diablo 4? Possibly.

Now they've got a shooter coming up, MOBA, CCG, MMO, ARPG, RTS - who knows maybe it'll be a mobile ARPG or puzzle quest type game. I dunno it feels really tough to speculate since they've been all over the map lately.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Blizzard is irrelevant to me. I look forward to throw my $ on any other company though.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    SBFord said:
    Looks like new positions now though. Sounds like a significant project.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    You can 100% bet it will be another Indie type project and not Triple A.Blizzard is having amazing "non deserved" success with their low budget game offerings.
    Anyone's guess could be accurate because Blizzard is at a point they can make any crap game or idea and still do well with it.So on that note a CTG on Diablo is dumb but you never know.

For certain Blizzard aims at numbers,which means find a market and add in esports.I can't even think of a logical idea,one that makes sense,they have most markets covered.Perhaps a turn based game but not a card game.A sci-fi game would make sense even though they have SC but that game is well not much of a game lol.Problem is to do a proper space type game takes some development and cost,so that is why i don't think that is being idealized.

I'll stick with turn based,low budget,esport.Maybe something like Darkest Dungeon but with Diablo.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Kopogero said:
    Blizzard is irrelevant to me. I look forward to throw my $ on any other company though.
    You haven't thrown money at any company for the last 5 years. Your opinion is irrelevant on the subject. 
  • loghorizon01loghorizon01 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited March 2016
    I would bet $100 that it's going to be a mobile game.
    Blogging here a little bit: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/loghorizon01
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Kopogero said:
    You've admitted on several occasions to not spending money on anything in the last five years. Claiming you're not spending money on something is about as surprising as someone claiming water is wet. 

Hopefully it's the long-awaited D3 expansion. The game is in a great place right now, but I'd like to see the world move forward. Bite sized little areas are neat, but there's a ton of locations left to visit in Sanctuary. Plus, I'd like to see more of Covetous Shen's story. James Hong isn't going to live forever, sadly, and his character is by far the most interesting. He's a somewhat bumbling version of Deckard Cain with a sense of humor and a more interesting backstory. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Wizardry said:
    You can 100% bet it will be another Indie type project and not Triple A.Blizzard is having amazing "non deserved" success with their low budget game offerings.
    Anyone's guess could be accurate because Blizzard is at a point they can make any crap game or idea and still do well with it.So on that note a CTG on Diablo is dumb but you never know.

For certain Blizzard aims at numbers,which means find a market and add in esports.I can't even think of a logical idea,one that makes sense,they have most markets covered.Perhaps a turn based game but not a card game.A sci-fi game would make sense even though they have SC but that game is well not much of a game lol.Problem is to do a proper space type game takes some development and cost,so that is why i don't think that is being idealized.

I'll stick with turn based,low budget,esport.Maybe something like Darkest Dungeon but with Diablo.

Do you remember the Star Craft: Ghost project that got canceled?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Blizzards too afraid to try another MMO...Victim of their own success
  • omegadudeomegadude Member UncommonPosts: 21
    i dont see Blizzard pushing Diablo into other genres. the idea of an expansion sounds fantastic. imo Blizzard has never made a bad game (not all my cup of tea but great non the less) and i cant see MMO, TCG, RTS, in a diablo sense. more ARPG is the way to go and diablo deserves the love its getting and will get more. i have a feeling that the idea of selling aesthetic items will be coming soon though. 
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Mobile version of diablo 3
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    If it was a Diablo MMO, I'd crit my pants...then throw all my money at them, take it! take it now!

I've always liked Diablo, yes, even Diablo 3 at launch.  I've always though they should make either a Diablo or Starcraft MMO
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Ikisis said:
    Wizardry said:

Do you remember the Star Craft: Ghost project that got canceled?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost
    Yes i do.not much skips past me over the years.They tried a couple times to outsource it,meaning they don't have the ability,even though they had/have more employees than any other developer and more money as well.

The outsource a fair bit and have NEVER owned a decent game engine.A developer of their size can and should be doing much better in game design.

I see some real fanbois of Blizzard,saying stuff like their games are all great lol.Those same games under any other publisher would be duds.SC was a cheap module game,similar to Command n Conquer,very easy very cheap to make.
    As for creative development,it is a ton of rehashing the Warcraft concept because that is what sells for them,they are afraid to break out.Sur Diablo offers a tad more than POE but why would you pay Blizzard a cent to get marginally better than a small budget game?Diablo should be 10x better than POE but it is maybe 5% better,hardly worth the money.

Long winded point....Blizzard does not make great games,they make convenient cheap games i expect them to follow suit with this next game.I expect Unity engine or something cheaper,maybe even the Diablo/warcraft engine.It really appears that Blizzard now spends about 1 year max then is releasing their games,pretty shotty work you ask me.You watch how fast  THIS game comes out,then ask yourself if Blizzard puts in the effort to deliver a good game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    edited March 2016
    My bet is on a turned based, cross platform game. The sheer number of smart phones on the market and peoples willingness to throw money at micro purchases is too good to pass up.
  • QuietRiotQuietRiot Member UncommonPosts: 3
    VR or maybe one of them games that make you go outside and play?
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Its something mobile they literally polish and refine any thing that already is a success. Well either mobile or a open world sandbox single player diablo.

Actually nah something like candy crush or something with a lot of fallout shelter elements.
  • CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I stop buying from them ,have ALL there shit.
    Why ?because i didn't get beta invite for overwatch bitches ;)
    Now its ubisoft time lol :expressionless: 

• RyuushimaRyuushima Member UncommonPosts: 63
    diablo 3 expansion won't be happening. They were already searching for new people quite a while ago but missed their chances to announace a d3 expansion at gamescon and blizzcon. 

Diablo 4 would potentially be nice but no idea how they'd pull that of story-wise.  They already broke the story a few times now xD
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2016
    Honestly I would enjoy Diablo 3, a lot more if.

. Hard-Core Characters actually carried over to normal mode when dead, and gave rename option on death.

. The game gave "Achievements" for a single character based off multiple seasons without having to create new ones.

. Cosmetic Enhancements to characters that make them look better.

The reason I don't play mainly becuase of the Achievements reason, It could be they are looking to do a major expansion, or a new game, or bring characters into their new MOBA & Such.

And yes bring back the "Original Dark Fall" without the DF 2.0 Screw-Ups best game ever.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Blizzards too afraid to try another MMO...Victim of their own success
    Not really, at the time they cancelled their last MMO WoW looked like it would run forever, 8 million subscribers after a year of no new content.  MMOs take 4 years minimum to make so I would keep an eye out for something from them in 2020.

To all those people who say Blizzard will never make another MMO because look at how much Hearthstone makes...  you do realize they can't just go make another card game or MOBA right?  They either have to invent a new genera or go mobile to get those kind of returns, but if they went mobile they would just hand Blizzard's IPs over to people who actually know how to make mobile games at King.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Maybe they will make a Destiny like clone in Diablo universe.
  • skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Renoaku said:
    Honestly I would enjoy Diablo 3, a lot more if.

. Hard-Core Characters actually carried over to normal mode when dead, and gave rename option on death.

. The game gave "Achievements" for a single character based off multiple seasons without having to create new ones.

. Cosmetic Enhancements to characters that make them look better.

The reason I don't play mainly becuase of the Achievements reason, It could be they are looking to do a major expansion, or a new game, or bring characters into their new MOBA & Such.

And yes bring back the "Original Dark Fall" without the DF 2.0 Screw-Ups best game ever.
    Nice no player vs player trade in an online ARPG 4Head.