Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Rift is 5 Years Old Now. Will it Still Be Here in 5 More?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I played it for the first couple of years after launch. It was an amazing game. Great races, amazing classes. I'm not sure exactly why I quit, maybe got burnt out and never went back? Either way it will go down as one of the best MMOs I've played.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    MMO can come in go, who know with Rift can be here today or gone tomorrow. But I think be here for abit longer seeing them still trying to get Rift on more CPU core support and 64 bit, even with a unwelcome change.
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Same here, had high hopes for that game. It was so close too so it wasnt horrible at least. Then the bastards announced F2P a month after I bought the expansion. Now I hope they burn in the fiery depths of F2P hell....
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The game was great at release and Trion was a great company back then.

Now look how times have changed...

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    no way it makes 5 more years .. imo.. i dont think it makes 3 more
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Not sure Torval. I loved Rift for many years. I went back to it about 4 months ago and it looked really dated. Still a cool game but the whole rng gear thing for Pvp ruined it for me.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    has it been 5 years already?
    tbh great game and did play it on and off for 2 years
    i left due to time constraints in real life
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Rift continues to update and expand, they don't appear to be slowing down..  WoW is still around, don't see why Rift will be gone.  Look at the competition, Devilian, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online, Skyforge Terra... Each game starts out well, but have not see the staying power of Rift.  Rift will probably never be the #1 MMO but I think it might still be here in 5 years.  However as was noted above five years in the gaming industry is looong time, and anything is possible.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    DMKano said:

Volgore said:

So things could change drastically again, right? And for the better  ;)
    That is no longer happening, did you see how many people protested in forums, reddit and in game against the recent rape of f2p model? Did trion listen? Nope, instead they just banned people from forums, reddit and in game chat to silence them. i don't see them turning things around from here. They are trying to become the next EA which they will not succeed in, it takes more than sharemarket playing and questionable monetizing to be EA.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    DMKano said:

Volgore said:

So things could change drastically again, right? And for the better  ;)
    In that case, i would be back in and play my beloved Chloro and Nec/Harbinger again.
    Not sure if both are still the same or a good choice these days, but i liked them alot back then.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited March 2016
    I would be surprised if it was here in 5 years time only because I agree with what @DMKano stated.
    5 years in MMO world is a long time and with the market the way it is I just do not see a population still playing it in five years time to justify keeping it running and updating it. Not saying it will not be, I would just be surprised if it did. Perhaps Trion has a couple of things in the works not announced yet to replace the game with.
    They may have there own announced for other over sea mmo coming to Glyph. The way they still updating Rift have have not replace it just yet, if they can pull off 64 bit Rift then it may not be replace with a Rift 2 or something in anytime soon.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376

" did you see how many people protested in forums, reddit and in game against the recent rape of f2p model? Did trion listen? Nope, instead they just banned people from forums, reddit and in game chat to silence them."
    @jesteralways actually I missed this issue, not at all challenging you on it, but do you have any links so I can catch up on the problem?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I would be surprised if it was here in 5 years time only because I agree with what @DMKano stated.
    5 years in MMO world is a long time and with the market the way it is I just do not see a population still playing it in five years time to justify keeping it running and updating it. Not saying it will not be, I would just be surprised if it did. Perhaps Trion has a couple of things in the works not announced yet to replace the game with.
    They may have there own announced for other over sea mmo coming to Glyph. The way they still updating Rift have have not replace it just yet, if they can pull off 64 bit Rift then it may not be replace with a Rift 2 or something in anytime soon.
    Would anytime soon be 5 years though? 5 years is a long time in MMO land
    Yeah 5 years is a very long time, if they make a Trove like game that was less time get it off the ground. But anything big or hyped looking at a few years more then 5.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Was never a fan of this game...They stole alot and tried to claim it as their own...Some of the crafting even looked like it was copied and pasted from WoW
    edited March 2016
    Was never a fan of this game...They stole alot and tried to claim it as their own...Some of the crafting even looked like it was copied and pasted from WoW
    I see some system that Rift haves that show up from WoW, but 90% the system in WoW is not there own ideas.

But alot do agree Rift started was trying to be WoW but with a better look, it did grow off the path abit but still does keep alot the same system.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    They are still supporting, so I imagine it will be here for at least a couple of years.

I self identify as a monkey.

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    when the first quality VR MMOs come out in the next 3-5 years, we will see the vast majority of current games dwindle to small player bases and then closing down.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited March 2016
    when the first quality VR MMOs come out in the next 3-5 years, we will see the vast majority of current games dwindle to small player bases and then closing down.
    VR Pretty New and there is a MMO in the works for VR, but time will tell if it takes off or not.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    VR Pretty New and there is a MMO in the works for VR, but time will tell if it takes off or not.
    I think it will take longer than that.  There are an awful lot of people who resist change.  Kinda funny considering the medium we're talking about.  However, we tend to scream innovate, then decry innovate.  VR will be a long time before, if ever, it takes over.

I self identify as a monkey.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다