Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220
    The underlying engine (Cry-Engine I believe?) had to be heavily modified in order to support what the game needs, and many of those changes are soon to come online.. I think once that happens many of the haters will eat their shorts.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2016
    BTW as it wasn't posted, here's last part of ATV, time for Frankfurt:

Argo:

Or this GIFV: https://giant.gfycat.com/ColossalEquatorialIberianmole.mp4

Works on new Explosions FX

The new Entry cockpit animations

https://gfycat.com/MetallicSelfishFrillneckedlizard

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2016
    Mardukk said:
    Is Star Citizen a cult?  So much passion about a game that is how far from full mmoish launch?  I honestly dont know.  Digging through hundreds of posts of people arguing about tiny details isn't helping.
    I think it has reached cult status.  I was listening to an interview of the guy who got the refund and the insults he had to endure from the players sounded terrible.  The guy just wanted his money back and actually received messages saying he should just kill himself and stuff like that.  Not a good thing to say to anyone especially someone who is disabled as he stated in his interview. 

Interview with Streetroller – The Star Citizen backer who got a $2,560 refund

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220
    MaxBacon said:
    I was a bit disappointed that they chose that for the fast foward, because we had already seen the new animations a few times
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    @Octagon7711

those messages to Streetroller sound like typical faked Goon propaganda messages. Agitprop style, to make the opposition look bad. Textbook tactics  of the SA.com Group. 

Have fun
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    apanz3r said:
    Mardukk said:
    Is Star Citizen a cult?  So much passion about a game that is how far from full mmoish launch?  I honestly dont know.  Digging through hundreds of posts of people arguing about tiny details isn't helping.
    I am not sure if is a cult or just a lot of PR  companies hired. 
    For simplicity sake I think I'll just call them prult :P
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited July 2016
    Erillion said:
    @Octagon7711

those messages to Streetroller sound like typical faked Goon propaganda messages. Agitprop style, to make the opposition look bad. Textbook tactics  of the SA.com Group. 

Have fun

I don't believe that at all. If anything the goons would use this guy as a poster boy.
    The Star Citizen subreddit is well known for its toxicity, you only have to spend a short while on there to see how irrational some people are, so it really wouldn't surprise me if it was just 'fans' on there being abusive.

---

Though this was quite a good read, some decent points about the state of the game https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4tnjo1/about_this_whole_delay_thing/

edited July 2016
    You DO know that the SC subreddit has been swamped with Goon trolls ("Agent Provocateurs") these last months, do you not? Typical posting behaviour, stinger ops style, minimal content. A tactic they discuss quite openly on SA.com because they think they can rage in private behind a Paywall. 

Have fun

PS:  
    You may find this SC Reddit thread enlightening: [MODERATORS][DISCUSSION] Do something (or ANYTHING) about the trolls in this sub

Post edited by Erillion on
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited July 2016
    You DO know that there are some very abusive, irrational fans on the subreddit, do you not?

There's a lot of people on there who cannot tolerate any criticism of SC, let alone entertain the idea of a refund. Hell, have a browse through that linked thread and you'll see that sort of behaviour being called out quite often.

If you want to believe it's all just a big ol' conspiracy then Have fun.

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    So where is the site where we can discuss / constructively criticise SC with the blessing of the backers? I've only found toxic hellholes so far.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    So where is the site where we can discuss / constructively criticise SC with the blessing of the backers? I've only found toxic hellholes so far.
    I think, people have no clue about how direct they see the development going.
    Im following this project for nearly 3 years now and its amazing, what they do.

I cant imagine, where the game will be in 3 years, but im looking forward and i for my enjoy the raid ^^

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    rawfox said:
    I think, people have no clue about how direct they see the development going.
    Im following this project for nearly 3 years now and its amazing, what they do.

I cant imagine, where the game will be in 3 years, but im looking forward and i for my enjoy the raid ^^

I see Game Development every day, and sometimes, weekends we sit together, have a drink, watch star citizen videos and laugh, alot ... though we watch other development and concept videos as well on these days but the SC are the most amusing wether or not they are meant to be :P

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I'm a backer and a fan, and I can agree with this. A lot of it is people afraid of their investment not panning out, for other's it's because certain people with an agenda have been going a little over the top (i.e. making up "facts"). After a while you definitely started to see the backers become more defensive to all posts like that, rather than taking the time to establish the legitimate from the trolls. 

I do still see genuine attempts to have constructive conversations on the RSI forums, you'll still get people who make toxic posts, but they never stick around. Like everything on the internet though, it's subject to Godwin's Law.
    Wave 1 invites for PTU Alpha 2.5 are out:

"Wave One (6,000 invites): Approximately 1,000 accounts from participating on Issue Council with one New Report and one Contribution, plus 5,000 accounts who have played more than five PTU builds in the last three months."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/PTU-Invites

Have fun

In depth look at Persistent Effects. 13 page article from "Jump Point" magazine.

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15449-BTS-Persistent-Effects

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Wave 1 invites for PTU Alpha 2.5 are out:

"Wave One (6,000 invites): Approximately 1,000 accounts from participating on Issue Council with one New Report and one Contribution, plus 5,000 accounts who have played more than five PTU builds in the last three months."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/PTU-Invites

Have fun

Alpha 2.5 PTU Patch Notes

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/338809/official-feedback-thread-2-5-0-on-ptu

Have fun
    edited August 2016
    Alpha 2.5 is now up to version g  (Alpha 2.5.0g - 387567 on PTU)

2nd wave of PTU testers have been added.

"Important Callouts:

* We are aware that this build introduces a high-frequency server crash to Crusader that we are already investigating, and appreciate everyones patience while it is resolved.
    * We put in some fixes to help fix the desync issues in both Crusader and Arena Commander.
    ** Please be aware that the desync issue might still be present.
    * We are aware of the issues with the port mod options disappearing intermittently.

Star Systems:

* Fixed an issue preventing players from targeting each other in Battle Royale until one player has already died.
    * Continuing to make improvements to the performance within Crusader.
    * Made tweaks to improve performance around GrimHex.

Ships:

* Fixed an issue in the Reliant where co-pilots would involuntarily move if another seated person left their chair.

Technical:

* Fixed an issue that crashed the game client upon close. "

Have fun

Alpha 2.5.0H - 388448 on PTU this weekend.

Have fun
    "Hi everyone!

Tonight we've published 2.5.0 - 391629 to PTU. We've got a handful of fixes that we wanted to roll out to our PTU testers, so give it a go!

- Fiixes to help fix the desync issues in both Crusader and Arena Commander.
    - Fixed a number of lighting and prop issues around the GrimHEX airlocks.
    - Added some missing graphical detail levels back to the Hornet series of ships.

- Please be aware that the desync issue might still be present.
    - We are aware of the issues with the port mod options disappearing intermittently.

Also as was mentioned in today's Gamescom demo, we're close to getting 2.5.0 to Live. We'll be working on a couple more performance issues to increase the FPS before rolling it out. More info to come next week!

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend and see you in the 'Verse!
    Will "Soulcrusher" Leverett"

Have fun
    Alpha 2.5 on LIVE server - complete Patch Notes:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15490-Star-Citizen-Alpha-250

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15603-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Update by Chris Roberts. With link to the internal (now external) Production Schedule.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Have fun
    edited November 2016
    More information on Star Marine and what the characters will be able to do (you could start at timestamp 11.50):

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15618-Around-The-Verse

Have fun

Star Citizen Patch 2.6.0m

"Welcome to Star Citizen Alpha Patch 2.6.0m, PTU Testers!

Please do take full advantage of the PTU Issue Council to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues

• Be advised that, in order to receive new lobby invites, you will need to restart the client after every match.
    • Star Marine Leaderboards are not in-game this build.
    • Our planned Electronic Access improvements for sequential map loading (“mega map”) are not in this build.
    • Scan is not complete, please refrain from using it (“Tab” key on default keybindings).
    • Missile rebalance is ongoing.
    • Flight Balance Changes to include Acceleration, Afterburner, Boost, Fuel Rates, and Jerk are ongoing.
    • New! Star Marine – Whenever a player respawns, all players will experience a lag spike
    • New! Being invited to a Multiplayer Match, then exiting and joining a Multiplayer game will always put you in a Battle Royale on Broken Moon
    • New! Combat Visors have a chance of not showing up in some ships.

Updates

• Fixed a number of client and server crashes in Star Marine, Crusader and Arena Commander.
    • Fixed a number of issues causing error code 30000 and 10002 for players.
    • Fixed a number of issues with the Caterpillar MFDs.
    • Fixed an issue with the hands of a Reliant pilot going through the flightsticks.
    • Fixed an issue where Afterburner and Boost would continue after fuel had run out.
    • Fixed some missing audio with the Starfarer.
    • Improved the performance of Chaff Countermeasures against missiles.
    • Fixed Rikkord Memorial and Defford Link race maps so they are no longer caught on a loading screen.
    • Fixed a number of issues with the new frontend UI.

• These include a number of lobby crashes and numerous graphical issues.

Flight Controls

• Made adjustments, based on player feedback, to how Dual Stick controls are interpreted by the IFCS.
    • Strafing forward while in decoupled mode now properly uses the main engine and allows for AB usage.
    • Fixed a bug preventing Space Brake from working properly in Decoupled Mode."

Lotsa testing going on at the moment.

I would say it looks good for 2.6 for everyone before end of the year (X-Mas ?).

Have fun

edited December 2016
    Alpha 2.6 is coming to live server.

Anyone can try it for free for two days with the code  WELCOME2SC on the registration page.

Works once you see the "Its live" message on the top of the Star Citizen homepage.

Source: GameStar magazine

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-citizen/news/star_citizen,48820,3307256.html

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Erillion said:
    Alpha 2.6 is coming to live server now.

Anyone can try it for free for two days with the code  WELCOME2SC on the registration page.

Works once you see the "Its live" message on the top of the Star Citizen homepage.

Source: GameStar magazine

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-citizen/news/star_citizen,48820,3307256.html

Have fun

No official statement about this, though?