By the way...
    It's BREEDING for animals...

Breading... that's:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Breading
    or
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/breading

Just saying because I already got a couple of good laughs :p
    ha! good call. thanks. never been good a spelin
    Well in BDO you CAN bread with a few different flavors?
    you can do that in Wurm as well.

and while you are at it you can dye your boat different colors

Do NOT respond to this reply if you think the contents of the reply is unwarranted in this discussion. 

On replying to the content of this reply you are participating in the discussion of its contents

Current Ignore List: postlarval, cameltosis, VengeSunsoar

• Proudsoul1Proudsoul1 The, NYMember UncommonPosts: 69
    blutm8 said:
    well games like BDO get hyped with videos showing awesome grafic, cool combat styles, big character customization to make stunning beautiful characters... but they dont show what the game will be like in the end and than comes the train to disappointment-land and stomping that hyping into the ground.. like always with nearly every game in the last 12 years...

and in my opinion BDO has as much sandbox elements like WoW....

SEANMCAD said:

I would describe Wurm Online as a 'Heavy Sandbox' maybe the 'heaviest' of all MMOs not sure thougt

definitly YES. same goes for games like "Life is Feudal". there are only a handfull of real sandbox game out there... but only the real fanbois are playing those games
    Im going to guess you havent playedthe game. BDO is very much a sandbox Hire workers to do your crafting/gathering, investing in all kinds of things nodes towns etc, Horse breeding, pet (albeit you have to pay real money for them) breeding, action Combat, different kinds of EXP, a NPC friendship system and dozens of other things to do and learn. You should play the game and then come back and think about your post.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Houston, TXMember EpicPosts: 15,129
    blutm8 said:
    well games like BDO get hyped with videos showing awesome grafic, cool combat styles, big character customization to make stunning beautiful characters... but they dont show what the game will be like in the end and than comes the train to disappointment-land and stomping that hyping into the ground.. like always with nearly every game in the last 12 years...

and in my opinion BDO has as much sandbox elements like WoW....

SEANMCAD said:

I would describe Wurm Online as a 'Heavy Sandbox' maybe the 'heaviest' of all MMOs not sure thougt

definitly YES. same goes for games like "Life is Feudal". there are only a handfull of real sandbox game out there... but only the real fanbois are playing those games
    Im going to guess you havent playedthe game. BDO is very much a sandbox Hire workers to do your crafting/gathering, investing in all kinds of things nodes towns etc, Horse breeding, pet (albeit you have to pay real money for them) breeding, action Combat, different kinds of EXP, a NPC friendship system and dozens of other things to do and learn. You should play the game and then come back and think about your post.
    I spend a good amount of time watching youtube videos with the video describing and explaining. I have found that system of approach to be very good for me. I would advice that rather than to spend money just to find if ones assumptions are wrong

Do NOT respond to this reply if you think the contents of the reply is unwarranted in this discussion. 

On replying to the content of this reply you are participating in the discussion of its contents

• RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 5,164
    BDO is not a pure sandbox game, but it has far more sandbox elements aka features than 99% of other MMO's, excluding the 1% known as ArcheAge.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Houston, TXMember EpicPosts: 15,129
    edited March 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    BDO is not a pure sandbox game, but it has far more sandbox elements aka features than 99% of other MMO's, excluding the 1% known as ArcheAge.
    well 99% of so called AAA games anyway. if you start throwing in MMOs like Xyson you might get that number down a bit..and yes...indie games are real games
    Post edited by SEANMCAD on

• derfritzderfritz PortugalMember UncommonPosts: 46
    Rhoklaw said:
    This

I think everyone should at least give it a go because I wasn't hyped at all for this and when I played it, i was so positively suprised by how good this game, specially considering how crappy recent MMO's have been
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCMember UncommonPosts: 6,591
    kage71 said:
    Gorwe said:
    I really can't understand it. Everything that it has, with an exception of perhaps graphics, has been done better elsewhere.

Is it the whole package? Is it the herd mentality? What is it?
    This game is really hyped for people such as myself who dreamed of the day of Sandbox type MMOs would come back. Themepark like the World of Warcraft, and ToR are such a bore to us. Raids and guild runs were cool but Sandbox games are what alot of people have been waiting for a long time coming now.
    if that was the case, why didnt you play Darkfall when it was out? Isnt that sandbox as well?

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,532
    kage71 said:
    Gorwe said:
    I really can't understand it. Everything that it has, with an exception of perhaps graphics, has been done better elsewhere.

This game is really hyped for people such as myself who dreamed of the day of Sandbox type MMOs would come back. Themepark like the World of Warcraft, and ToR are such a bore to us. Raids and guild runs were cool but Sandbox games are what alot of people have been waiting for a long time coming now.
    if that was the case, why didnt you play Darkfall when it was out? Isnt that sandbox as well?
    Because Darkfall was a bugged pile of crap when it was released, and a gankfest too.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairMember EpicPosts: 7,825
    Who cares if it ls a Sandpark, Themebox or whatever you want it to be. People who are being entertained will play it, those who aren't won't. This game looks very interesting to me, but I'm cynical and waiting for the other shoe to drop. Once I see where Daum wants to take this game (post honeymoon), I'll look back and if I am still interested, then I'll buy it. But from what I've read, I'm not sure it's higher level mechanics and content are for me.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc PinheiralMember UncommonPosts: 435
    this game sux i want my class with a penis!
  • LigiLigi LisbonMember UncommonPosts: 118
    Each day I play BDO, the more I get the impression that it will be my mmorpg for the next months, if not years.
    The game mechanics, the  interconections between quests, maps, trading, crafting , the combat system, the personality of towns and zones made with really artistic care and the graphics  ....
    I could go on, and on, the only thing I regret Is that I bought the pre-order package of 30 euros when I should have bought the 100 euros one.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonMember UncommonPosts: 1,545
    People are content whoring BDO until the next WoW expansion?

I'd be careful of BDO's cash shop though - there could be an invisible pay wall somewhere in the game.

For WoW, one could argue that buying gold on the auction house is for collecting stuff - such is the enormous content of the game. I'm not sure that this can be said for BDO's cash shop.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairMember EpicPosts: 7,825
    kage71 said:
    Gorwe said:

Because Darkfall was a bugged pile of crap when it was released, and a gankfest too.
    What makes someone ask that question? Just becasue Darkfall may hold similarities to BDO for one person, does not mean that everyone will see that connection? Why would Darkfall qualify as an appropriate substitute for BDO for every potential player equally?

Even when discussing FFXIV:ARR, SWTOR, WildStar and Rift. Some might say, why don't they play WoW? But maybe that person was looking for the differences between the games, not the similarities, because maybe something about WoW puts them off but who still likes that style of game? 

• DraemosDraemos Antartica, AKMember UncommonPosts: 1,510
    Triple A sandbox with gorgeous graphics, an immersive open world, and arguable the most fun combat system in MMO...   That's quite a lot to like.
  • DraemosDraemos Antartica, AKMember UncommonPosts: 1,510
    ArChWind said:
    kage71 said:
    The problem comes down to this most people who have not played the CB1 or CB2 are at a lost here. Most people who are claiming it's not a sandbox game and they want to try to compare it to WoW (yet again people want to do that). But I am going to tell you just a bit of the Sandbox elements to it and lets see if WoW has this since you would like to state that this game has about much sandbox element as WoW does.

I was in CB and mistakenly came across a quest that I had to milk a freaking cow. I mean I had to click my trackball left right left right etc... just to get the milk (you don't do this in themepark games you just buy the milk or kill a cow). I went to carry things I was going to sell and the freaking NPC gave me a pack to put on my back and I had to walk the freaking items (really freaking slow) at the same time (which I later found out) this was building up my character's strength. You can also put items on your mount (donkey carries more) build you a wagon to bring stuff from city to city and build a boat and hunt wales if you like or fish. Rope your own horses and get them teamed up to your wagon, and lets not forget you can crossbreed horses, pets and (hell I don't even know how much more). Pets are not just for fun they actually warn you if there's danger. For example: hawks warn you there are elites around, dogs warn you that pvp players are near. And finally (because my hand is getting tired) the map alone will have you themepark players going crazy on how you would go by figuring it out in the first place. But welcome to the world of MMOs before all the themepark games.
    All that stuff is really cool. So you learn how to carry sacks and stuff all over the map, I thought that was really cool myself in CBT2 in fact that is why I bought it. Now you can build wagons to haul the things all over the map to deliver them.

Now let me ask you a question.

What are you going to do at 45 when you are hauling this stuff all over making deliveries and people are attacking you and killing you?

I think this is a fair question since this is heavy sandbox
    Watch them lose Karma and be hunted down with the potential to lose their items and experience?  The victim loses nothing but wasted time, even the items you were hauling are sent to the nearest storage.  Random aggressors are pretty heavily punished., to the point where I've only been attacked once.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd montreal, QCMember UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Draemos said:
    ArChWind said:
    All that stuff is really cool. So you learn how to carry sacks and stuff all over the map, I thought that was really cool myself in CBT2 in fact that is why I bought it. Now you can build wagons to haul the things all over the map to deliver them.

What are you going to do at 45 when you are hauling this stuff all over making deliveries and people are attacking you and killing you?

Watch them lose Karma and be hunted down with the potential to lose their items and experience?  The victim loses nothing but wasted time, even the items you were hauling are sent to the nearest storage.  Random aggressors are pretty heavily punished., to the point where I've only been attacked once.
    Not only that, but leveling your char level is usually done by mob grinding. Should you wish to stay PvP free, you could simply level whichever profession you want to partake in and never really partake in PvP. 
  • sazabiussazabius COMember UncommonPosts: 8
    I remember people saying the EXACT same things about ArcheAge... just saying. No I haven't played BDO yet and if I do it will be many, many months from now when the hype train has died down significantly.

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,532
    sazabius said:
    I remember people saying the EXACT same things about ArcheAge... just saying. No I haven't played BDO yet and if I do it will be many, many months from now when the hype train has died down significantly.

AA was a fabulous game during beta, when the access to the servers was limited. The game tanked for me when they opened the flood gates, and when in order to obtain even just a small garden plot, you had to give up your real life to be first to claim one. And when you know how important property is in AA, you understand why that was a game breaker for many.

BDO made none of the mistakes AA made. I'm having just as much fun now after release than during beta.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • tet666tet666 cfgvbfdgMember UncommonPosts: 295
    Draemos said:
    ArChWind said:
    kage71 said:
    The problem comes down to this most people who have not played the CB1 or CB2 are at a lost here. Most people who are claiming it's not a sandbox game and they want to try to compare it to WoW (yet again people want to do that). But I am going to tell you just a bit of the Sandbox elements to it and lets see if WoW has this since you would like to state that this game has about much sandbox element as WoW does.

I was in CB and mistakenly came across a quest that I had to milk a freaking cow. I mean I had to click my trackball left right left right etc... just to get the milk (you don't do this in themepark games you just buy the milk or kill a cow). I went to carry things I was going to sell and the freaking NPC gave me a pack to put on my back and I had to walk the freaking items (really freaking slow) at the same time (which I later found out) this was building up my character's strength. You can also put items on your mount (donkey carries more) build you a wagon to bring stuff from city to city and build a boat and hunt wales if you like or fish. Rope your own horses and get them teamed up to your wagon, and lets not forget you can crossbreed horses, pets and (hell I don't even know how much more). Pets are not just for fun they actually warn you if there's danger. For example: hawks warn you there are elites around, dogs warn you that pvp players are near. And finally (because my hand is getting tired) the map alone will have you themepark players going crazy on how you would go by figuring it out in the first place. But welcome to the world of MMOs before all the themepark games.

They sneaked in a 1% xp loss even for non negative karma pvp http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/38796-fyi-you-lose-1-xp-over-level-50-even-if-you-are-not-in-pvp-mode/