Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bots Gone Wild

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited March 2016

Kiyoris said:

PVP MMO are magnets for hackers and bots. I remember when the only PVP server left in EQ, ZEK, allowed players to join PVE servers, we categorically rejected every player from a PVP server, because we knew they were hackers and cheats. PVP, in my opinion, has no place in MMO.

[mod edit]

Allow me to illuminate to you the fact that there are PvP players that play on the level, and do so because they love competition. You win some you win some, meaning if you die to another player use it as a learning experience, take what you can and get better.

I have played PvP games for years, and yes there are hackers, there are cheats, there are gankers (not real pvpers imo however, I digress) and every thing else including honest players that do not take PvP personally and enjoy a good open world or arena fight. [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Nanfoodle said:
    MMO launch = Bots, hackers gone wilds, gold sellers and long wait times and bugs. If you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch. Get out of the kitchen and wait 3-6 months.
    I dont remember Bots and Gold sellers at this level on ESO launch, SWTOR, FFXIV, GW2, AoC, Warhammer Online, WS as a few examples of many, many MMOs out there, even some popular F2P game like NW. For some ¨UNKOWN¨ reason, F2P Korean Games have allway problems with Farmers and Bots, think about NCsoft, they have bots issues since the days of lineage I and still they didnt find a way to deal with then. I just wonder why?. B&S literally have more Bots than people playing, And when u have bots playing on PvP arenas and dungeons, the game is dead.
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

I stopped playing altogether (a lot sooner than I had expected to be honest).

The PVE is boring really, very simplistic encounters in dungeons. 99% of people just over-gear the encounters (since you can) and I've gone through 5 guilds going "oh your gear isn't good enough for X content because you're 10% lower on stats, even though you have the skill (platinum PVP) and this is supposed to be a skill-based game"

The PVP is ... meh. Classes are unbalanced, quite obviously (see forums/check rankings) and it's not all that much SKILL as it is ping or server issues in many cases. Also, seriously some classes require superman skill levels while others require the user not being brain dead. Apparently the Warlock will add to the brain dead bunch. And then there's the bots...apparently people are saying that you get bots in Diamond ranking as well. Which is mind-blowing...

Server stability has been meh as well, which is odd for a AAA title that's been out for over a month now.

All in all, you log in to do uber-boring mindless grind in PvE or roll-the-die PvP.

I enjoyed the story, the visuals and LOVED the combat. Worth playing? 100%! Worth staying long-term? Meh...

That is why lot's of people left. The game is just boring and too easy + you get to play with bot's all day long or have to read what they write all day long. Never seen a game with that much bot's and with so much unbalance class.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Hatefull said:

Incredible display of ignorance. You must have never competed in anything in your entire life.

Allow me to illuminate to you the fact that there are PvP players that play on the level, and do so because they love competition. You win some you lose some , meaning if you die to another player use it as a learning experience, take what you can and get better.
    Exc
    This doesn't happen in PVP MMO. And this is why it's not like any other form of competitive games like FPS or Fighting games, where players are ranked and put onto servers with similar skill players. This is the main reason PVP MMO, work so poorly. The hunter becomes the hunted, each time a player leaves the game, which then results in rapid player depletion.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Kiyoris said:
    Hatefull said:

Incredible display of ignorance. You must have never competed in anything in your entire life.

Allow me to illuminate to you the fact that there are PvP players that play on the level, and do so because they love competition. You win some you lose some , meaning if you die to another player use it as a learning experience, take what you can and get better.
    Exc
    This doesn't happen in PVP MMO. And this is why it's not like any other form of competitive games like FPS or Fighting games, where players are ranked and put onto servers with similar skill players. This is the main reason PVP MMO, work so poorly. The hunter becomes the hunted, each time a player leaves the game, which then results in rapid player depletion.
    You do win some and lose some in MMO PVP though. I do it daily. Players don't leave a PVP MMO because PVP happened. They very likely left because the game as a whole wasn't much fun. You're just making stuff up as you go. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Next time you research a game go to bot and cheat forums and if you see a lot of programs that people say are working great in alpha and beta, just stay away for awhile.  You know there will be problems.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Kiyoris said:
    Hatefull said:

Exc
    You do win some and lose some in MMO PVP though. I do it daily. Players don't leave a PVP MMO because PVP happened. They very likely left because the game as a whole wasn't much fun. You're just making stuff up as you go. 
    It adds to the dilemma.

Every game has some peeves,maybe more than you car for,all it takes is an added pvp annoyance to sway the player to leave.By time you put in 45 levels i am sure everyone will have a list of things they like to see done better or fixed,now whilst they are bummed out a bit,some annoying pvpr comes by and just really pisses you off.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Sad state of affairs when bots ruin a game.  Not that Blade and Soul was that good to start with, but the bots will pretty much kill a game for most of us.
  • MrStompyMrStompy Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Can we just bring back City Of Heroes / Villains lol Wait NCSOFT shut down a good game :(
    I do a lot of Dungeons and lately the bots come in 10 mins after you started then bid on Moonwater Tears or Merry Potter Recipes in Brightstone. I love the game but noticed it has turned to S**t with the bots :( The reason why you can not join Crimson faction btw is because in Misty woods there is 1000000 Summer bots farming in there lol. Final note now that the bots have destroyed the game if you remove them doing open world bosses may become difficult.almost every open world boss has 10,000 bots around it now change to a different channel and noone is killing the boss lol
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I don't feel the bots are ruining the game, but I will admit chat is very annoying. The game isn't bad but it isn't great either. Nothing special stands out that makes me go wow this is unique. All that being said I find the game enjoyable for the most part. I rate this game a medium 7 out of 10.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Wizardry said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Hatefull said:

Exc
    It adds to the dilemma.

Every game has some peeves,maybe more than you car for,all it takes is an added pvp annoyance to sway the player to leave.By time you put in 45 levels i am sure everyone will have a list of things they like to see done better or fixed,now whilst they are bummed out a bit,some annoying pvpr comes by and just really pisses you off.
    I just don't understand why people who will be annoyed by PVP choose to play games that have open PVP rulesets. There are very, very, very few MMO's out today that force PVP upon a player. Aion was the last one I can remember. 
    Kiyoris said:
    Hatefull said:

Exc
    Again, you are talking about something you know absolutely nothing about and it is painfully obvious you know nothing about it.

Lineage 2 is still around PvP MMO, WoW has arena's and open world PvP and last I heard it was still going quite strong, EQ2 has PvP servers still up last I checked (it's been quite some time that may be inaccurate right now) AoC has PvP servers still going strong, and lets not forget my current favorite Eve which is not only PvP they ENCOURAGE being as harsh to each other as possible.  The list goes on and on.  But hey feel free to sit there saying the same senseless crap over and over again.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Kiyoris said:
    Hatefull said:

Exc
    pray tell me what FPS game have this ranked thing? also what fighting game?

fps is but loaded of hacks, see combat arms, and any other F2P FPS out there, some like battle field if you play on some will administred and offcial server they ban hacks fast and its perma banned on that server at least, but even so there is not ranked thing, you play against people who are on at the time
    but comming from you is kidna expected, you love to say things you hardly know about and jsut have a feeling it right, so most people will jsut start to learn to ignore you

also in case most guys don't remember

GW2 had a lot of bots, teleporting kind, it was just hard to notice because you never saw one walking just teleporting around in nodes, or just running the same dungeon over and over

SWtor do have his hacks but really the game is so boring I don't think anyone is still caring enough to hack or bot there, is well possible since the nice cash shop sells you hot bars so you can play the game (and people say EVE is more P2W...)

and don't matter how well the game is done if is pvp or pve people will cehat saying they don't ahve time to spend on the game so tehy bot or buy gold to speed things up so he can play, then they quit crying the game is boring (he skiped more then half of it boting) andthis game is even worse becasue it hard to make money to buy its cost 10silver, to sell 1 cooper, teh game pretty much force you to depend on player craft, just make weapon repair hammers, unseling charms, keys, and other hard to come by consumable and you start to make money, but like I said most don't care and will cheat on his way but that is on any game.

only problem is ncsoft is slow to answers for bots, since they like to mass ban then after some time

also remember blade and soul is a arena pvp game too, you can jsut play there the whole day if you want, but like any scaled thing better you get on cap lvl and ahve some gear because it will still influence what you can do there
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Kiyoris said:
    Hatefull said:

Exc
    She changed my words to fit in with her own (flawed) thought process, I said: You win some you win some.  Meaning you take what you can from every encounter and learn from it.  Your toon may die, but you can still learn things.

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Bots shmots - the most irritating things in this game are the ungodly amount of RNG and the fact you have to open EVERYTHING with a key, a charm, or both.
  • FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188

Kiyoris said:

PVP MMO are magnets for hackers and bots. I remember when the only PVP server left in EQ, ZEK, allowed players to join PVE servers, we categorically rejected every player from a PVP server, because we knew they were hackers and cheats. PVP, in my opinion, has no place in MMO.

Lol! While good for a troll Laugh, I'm glad no one else actually cares about your biased, entitled opinion :)
  • FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188

Hatefull said:

Kiyoris said:

Hatefull said:

Exc

This doesn't happen in PVP MMO. And this is why it's not like any other form of competitive games like FPS or Fighting games, where players are ranked and put onto servers with similar skill players.

This is the main reason PVP MMO, work so poorly. The hunter becomes the hunted, each time a player leaves the game, which then results in rapid player depletion.

Again, you are talking about something you know absolutely nothing about and it is painfully obvious you know nothing about it.
     But hey feel free to sit there saying the same senseless crap over and over again.

Pot, meet Kettle
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I will say that cheating in gaming carries a higher % of abnormal activity than anything else in life except maybe corrupt governments,that is a very high %.
    I quit COD gaming because about 90% of the servers had cheats.The Unreal series eventually hired full time anti hack company to try and keep up with hacking.

Silkroad online ,EASILY had a 90% ratio of botters to real players.They tried open/close servers often but the botters had auto login features that would get them back in faster than the players could then server FULL.

I quit FFXI the first time just sick of botting,fish botters used to line up every water front in the game and players would pos cheat,speed cheat and auto buff to skillup.All the lucrative currency making ideas were over run by RMT.

I quit Vanguard after only 3 weeks because i was super annoyed by the cheating in the crafting and buying up rares from rmt.

I used to see a bot crafter in EQ2 everyday.

Lineage 2,,well more of the same no need to talk about it anymore,our games have been infested with cheating,EVE ,...ISk lmao,Devs that cheat,people hacking the game files to get inside information sooner than the non cheats,the list goes on and on and on.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    with bots hacks and cheats NO 1 WINS ... PVP enviroments where devs let this players run rampart = DEATH game in no time.

In PVE games u can have bots , hacks and cheaters but in a PVE enviroment the only thing that can happen is kill stealing and AH controlled by bots... once u go into instanced content (dungeons , raids) u wont see any of this (outside of inviting one to your group directly )

and no1 is safe not even the the big companies, Blizz has a bot issue in WoW , so does every other mmorpg....and in wow is a issue in random BGs , but no issue in raids or dungeons where players controls WHO enters and can kick others.

• ScaldisectScaldisect Member UncommonPosts: 7
    the problem here is not "NCSOFT dont care about the NA/EU server" the true problem is NCwest, the part of NCsoft responsible of the NA version, this team is the same that brought death to lineage II, and wait for it, insane p2w incoming..... is not suspicious that WildStar and GW2 are not directly managed by ncwest???
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Catherine Daro concluded her article with the following:

"While the Warlock class seems like a lot of fun, the update is coming at nearly precise time that Black Desert Online is launching and one has to wonder if it will be enough to keep players involved in BnS. Adding in the bot issue, that it might not be."

However as pointed out earlier today by DMKano, BDO is already having a bot issue.

See,

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/446801/black-desert-online-early-release-1st-day-bots-multibox/p1

So it comes down to six of one half dozen of the other.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    orbitxo said:
    there should be a bots only mmo. (btw i like the headline.)
    There is its called Lineage
  • CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    yep, bots made me leave. I hope that goes into the stats

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    hikaru77 said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    MMO launch = Bots, hackers gone wilds, gold sellers and long wait times and bugs. If you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch. Get out of the kitchen and wait 3-6 months.
    I dont remember Bots and Gold sellers at this level on ESO launch, SWTOR, FFXIV, GW2, AoC, Warhammer Online, WS as a few examples of many, many MMOs out there, even some popular F2P game like NW. For some ¨UNKOWN¨ reason, F2P Korean Games have allway problems with Farmers and Bots, think about NCsoft, they have bots issues since the days of lineage I and still they didnt find a way to deal with then. I just wonder why?. B&S literally have more Bots than people playing, And when u have bots playing on PvP arenas and dungeons, the game is dead.
    you didnt play ESO at launch then because there was about 4 to 12 bots in every single delve in eso at launch for weeks until they were forced to stop allowing you to farm mobs. It was so bad that people couldnt get achievement credit due to bots in delves. Bots are the scourge of gaming next to cheaters. I wish companies would actually try for once on games launches to rid them as fast as they pop up. Also I seen plenty in the games you mention like GW2 swtor and warhammer.
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    I also left due to bots and the dungeon loot system. I think loot bidding is the most digusting system ever implemented into an MMO. Until the loot bidding changes and something is done about the bots, I won't be going back.

I had initially fell in love with the story and spent $50 on BnS and bought a 1 month premium membership only to stop playing after the second week with 2 weeks left and about $30 left to spend. That should tell you how frustrated I was with the two complaints I mentioned.