Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bots Gone Wild

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited February 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageBots Gone Wild

It has been nearly two months since NCSoft released an EU/NA version of Wuxia MMORPG Blade and Soul. As time has gone on, players are moving to level cap, working on increasing the power of their weapons and are engaging heavily in arena and world PvP. As mentioned previously, NCSoft’s long-term plan for BnS is arena-based PvP tournaments that are already quite successful in the South Korean market.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Bots were to much so i left, crafting sucks also, but i liked the story to bad i didnt see it to the end

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619
    Bot issue was enough to drive me off quickly after launch. I had planned to come back for the Warlock, assuming the bot issue would be in check by then. From the sounds of it, nothing is being done, so I may just skip it altogether at this point. Sadly for me, after playing in the BDO alphas and betas, I found that game is not for me. Not to say its a bad game, Im just not interested.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319

"As mentioned previously, NCSoft’s long-term plan for BnS is arena-based PvP tournaments that are already quite successful in the South Korean market."

This makes me wonder if they didn't tell Carbine to steer Wildstar in the same direction. NCSoft never really had the sense of what works in other countries like the US.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    MMO launch = Bots, hackers gone wilds, gold sellers and long wait times and bugs. If you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch. Get out of the kitchen and wait 3-6 months.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    there should be a bots only mmo. (btw i like the headline.)
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Nanfoodle said:

MMO launch = Bots, hackers gone wilds, gold sellers and long wait times and bugs. If you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch. Get out of the kitchen and wait 3-6 months.

It's been well past 1.5 months now. This is a game that they've been operating for over 3 years already in another country. This isn't a "new MMO launch", this is a region expansion for an established, dated MMO.

P.S. The kitchen is on fire and the owners do not care even when new restaurants are opening around them.

• kage71kage71 Member UncommonPosts: 123

Nanfoodle said:

Dude you are evidence of a person who has no clue what he is talking about. If a game that has been out this long have bots then it's something very wrong with that game. And I find that kind of comment weird because if the game (seems to me that you love) loose alot of players what do you think is going to happen with it? It closes....way to help shutdown a game you like.
  • gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281
    I stopped playing altogether (a lot sooner than I had expected to be honest).

The PVE is boring really, very simplistic encounters in dungeons. 99% of people just over-gear the encounters (since you can) and I've gone through 5 guilds going "oh your gear isn't good enough for X content because you're 10% lower on stats, even though you have the skill (platinum PVP) and this is supposed to be a skill-based game"

The PVP is ... meh. Classes are unbalanced, quite obviously (see forums/check rankings) and it's not all that much SKILL as it is ping or server issues in many cases. Also, seriously some classes require superman skill levels while others require the user not being brain dead. Apparently the Warlock will add to the brain dead bunch. And then there's the bots...apparently people are saying that you get bots in Diamond ranking as well. Which is mind-blowing...

Server stability has been meh as well, which is odd for a AAA title that's been out for over a month now.

All in all, you log in to do uber-boring mindless grind in PvE or roll-the-die PvP.

I enjoyed the story, the visuals and LOVED the combat. Worth playing? 100%! Worth staying long-term? Meh...
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    One of the reasons I left.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    yea, those 3-5 right clicks per zone are really heavy.......

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    PVP MMO are magnets for hackers and bots. I remember when the only PVP server left in EQ, ZEK, allowed players to join PVE servers, we categorically rejected every player from a PVP server, because we knew they were hackers and cheats. PVP, in my opinion, has no place in MMO.
  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I never though bots would be an issue on the NA/EU servers. I've played plenty of BnS on the Chinese server and never had any problems with bots, and I was pleasantly surprised at that, considering it's the Chinese server. But NA/EU servers? Come on, if the Chinese could keep away the bots how hard could it be for the Western servers, it's like NCsoft isn't even trying.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    BnS is just a reskinned TERA.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I've stopped playing for now. Arena is a complete joke with the amount of bots and hacks, and that's really the only thing I play the game for. 
  • MuktukMuktuk Member UncommonPosts: 84

Kiyoris said:

...PVP, in my opinion, has no place in MMO.

I agree. Game developers should choose between PvE and PvP when making a game because the two don't mix well. Very few games have succeeded at doing both. The vast majority of games end up disappointing all by trying to do everything.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    The "Soft" in NCSoft has always stood for soft on preventing cheats. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Imo this game is too little too late. Bd time.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I never though bots would be an issue on the NA/EU servers. I've played plenty of BnS on the Chinese server and never had any problems with bots, and I was pleasantly surprised at that, considering it's the Chinese server. But NA/EU servers? Come on, if the Chinese could keep away the bots how hard could it be for the Western servers, it's like NCsoft isn't even trying.
    Quite possibly NCSoft actually don't give a damn about the regions other than Korea. Any money from those regional releases is just basically bonus profit for minimal extra effort..

If the game shuts down in Korea, you can bet it will simultaneously shutdown worldwide.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and dump this game soon. I gave it a chance for friends, it's cool but the negatives outweigh the positives.

Bots run Blade & Soul, and NCSoft makes sh!##y decisions. They were too busy banning people for back stepping through a dungeon door to realize they removed the "vote to kick" feature which allows bots and human POS to abuse TF out of PUGs. The Bots in arenas, raping nodes and manipulating the economy as well as the normal flooding every chat window they can exploit.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited March 2016
    [mod edit]
    PVP invokes things that aren't there on PVE server or in PVE MMO.

-direct confrontation
    -aggressive competitive behavior (kind of like your reply)
    -griefing

This leads to an environment where PVP players are enticed to employ cheats and hacks to gain the upper hand, far more so than PVE players.

A PVE player can choose not to confront the threat, they can choose their own difficulty and challenge. A PVP player can not.

The only way a PVP player can turn the tide against a player that is better than them, is...cheating.

Other types of competitive games, like FPS and Fighting games, have long solved this. They allow players to choose their own difficulty, they rank servers and players by skill, they will not allow a more skilled player to take advantage of a less skilled players.

PVP MMO have not solved this problem, which is why they tend to die rather quickly, players tend to leave the games in succession. The hunter becomes the hunted, it is a vicious circle of player depletion.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    What the f#%k does that have to do with gold selling and bots though?
    Simply, the more competitive an environment is, the more incentive there is to cheat.

A PVE player isn't subject to direct competition, and they are able to choose their own difficulty setting by being selective about the content they take on.

A PVP player can not choose who attacks him. A PVE player can.

For a PVE player to gain the upper hand and control of the game, they can just choose easier content. A PVP player can't control the game, and this is why you see rapid player depletion in PVP MMO.
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    A bot managed to reach Rank #3 in NA. Silver-Gold is filled with Destroyers, kfm and teleporting summoners. all because ncsoft refuse to make soulstones Untradable.

Archeage EU - Nui

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Kiyoris said:
    Simply, the more competitive an environment is, the more incentive there is to cheat.

A PVE player isn't subject to direct competition, and they are able to choose their own difficulty setting by being selective about the content they take on.

For a PVE player to gain the upper hand and control of the game, they can just choose easier content. A PVP player can't control the game, and this is why you see rapid player depletion in PVP MMO.
    Still waiting for valid correlation, and not some made up horse sh!# to push a bias. The stuff you're typing is so asinine I'd feel better if I knew you were trolling. I fear you're 100% serious though. SMH.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

I wonder how everyone is talking about NCSoft handling bots and seem to forget that NCSoft should be handling not only the bots, but all the people who buy gold(which is the reason for the insane amount of bots).
    Are there any news regarding how RMT users are being handled?

Also I don't know why people bash the game so hard. I personally stopped playing the game in the first week because I didn't like how NCSoft handled the launch, but overall the game is good and when you add to the fact that it's completely free and the PvP is quite fun I honesntly think this is among the best games out there atm.

edited February 2016
    Kiyoris said:

Still waiting for valid correlation, and not some made up horse sh!# to push a bias. The stuff you're typing is so asinine I'd feel better if I knew you were trolling. I fear you're 100% serious though. SMH.
    Player depletion and cheating in PVP MMO is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Because the Hunter becomes the Hunted each time a player leaves the game.

The only way to stop this, is for the hunted to resort to cheats, to balance the game out.

This does no longer happen in FPS or Fighting games, because the servers are ranked according to difficulty. There is no hunted or hunter, there is balance.

Not so in PVP MMO. Not only does PVP in MMO lead to cheating, it does not work. PVP MMO, do not work.

This why PVP MMO, especially open world PVP MMO, die so quickly. Things like griefing only accelerate it.