Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how can it fail?

12345679»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Wizardry said:
    209vaughn said:
    Waterlily said:
    I noticed many people use the word "sandbox" to justify a game that lacks enough PVE content. Black Desert is one of them.
    There is quite a bit of traditional PvE.

But besides, thats sort of like saying EVE Online is a bad game because there is little PVE content.  If you want countless quest hubs to hold your hand, then maybe its not the right game for you.
    I don't think anyone wanting a good game wants questing hubs.Eve is a far cry from sandbox and i agree with the other poster "Sandbox" has been a misused term that has basically meant LACK OF CONTENT.

so if a game is nothing at all even remotely close to what one would call a themepark but its not a sandbox what should it be called?

I think a name for a game like Darkfall, Xyson, Wurm that makes it easy to understand that its NOT like EQ2 or Wow needs to exist. what word would you like?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    ArChWind said:
    Phry said:
      <snip>

Thats the crux of the argument, when PVP happens to those who are not flagged up. The attacker(s) lose Karma, and the Victim loses XP.
    They could probably buy themselves a bit of goodwill from the PVE players if there wasn't an XP penalty to death by ganking.
    Well we haven't cover the last aspect of the OP and that is forced GvG

Any guild can declare war on any other guild by paying 200,000 silver.

the other guild does not have to accept the declaration of war for the declaring guild to attack and kill their PvP enabled players with no consequences or karma hits.

the declaring guild does not have to pay 200,000 silver anymore to maintain the war.

If the guild being declared on accepts the declaration of war then ALL members of those guilds are attackable regardless of LEVEL without consequences or karma hits.

thoughts?
    That's monstrous. I cannot join a guild then for fear of being marked for PvP without me knowing. EEEEK!!!

Chamber of Chains
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    edited March 2016
    cheyane said:
    ArChWind said:
    Phry said:
      <snip>

Thats the crux of the argument, when PVP happens to those who are not flagged up. The attacker(s) lose Karma, and the Victim loses XP.
    They could probably buy themselves a bit of goodwill from the PVE players if there wasn't an XP penalty to death by ganking.
    Well we haven't cover the last aspect of the OP and that is forced GvG

Any guild can declare war on any other guild by paying 200,000 silver.

the other guild does not have to accept the declaration of war for the declaring guild to attack and kill their PvP enabled players with no consequences or karma hits.

the declaring guild does not have to pay 200,000 silver anymore to maintain the war.

If the guild being declared on accepts the declaration of war then ALL members of those guilds are attackable regardless of LEVEL without consequences or karma hits.

thoughts?
    That's monstrous. I cannot join a guild then for fear of being marked for PvP without me knowing. EEEEK!!!

Lot of guilds ASSUME they are going to be PvE only are in for a BIG surprise.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/23468-pve-guild-myth/

edit: Oh and by the way this discussion was before the PvP flagging quest was removed.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.