Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how can it fail?

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited March 2016
    JDis25 said:
    This game doesn't even try to encourage competitive PvP, luckily I have blade and soul for that. Black Desert is all about making money, getting geared, and being powerful. Similar to Archeage with less P2W.
    Yep, both are very similarly made themeparks but if BDO focus more on PVE, there could be at least some choice.

Comparing any of those two to EVE Online is just plain silly...
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Gdemami said:
    JDis25 said:
    This game doesn't even try to encourage competitive PvP, luckily I have blade and soul for that. Black Desert is all about making money, getting geared, and being powerful. Similar to Archeage with less P2W.
    Yep, both are very similarly made themeparks but if BDO focus more on PVE, there could be at least some choice.

BnS similar to BDO ?

Do you ever play the games you comment on ?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Azoth said:
    Gdemami said:
    JDis25 said:

BnS similar to BDO ?

I think he means similar to AA, but nothing like the sacred EVE.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    YashaX said:
    Azoth said:
    Gdemami said:
    JDis25 said:

BnS similar to BDO ?

hello. How many EvE players here? ask that in general.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    YashaX said:
    Azoth said:
    Gdemami said:
    JDis25 said:

BnS similar to BDO ?

Since he puts em all in the themepark category i guess he thinks all 3 are similar.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Azoth said:
    BnS similar to BDO ?

Didn't talk about BnS at all...
    edited March 2016
    Phry said:
      <snip>

Thats the crux of the argument, when PVP happens to those who are not flagged up. The attacker(s) lose Karma, and the Victim loses XP.
    They could probably buy themselves a bit of goodwill from the PVE players if there wasn't an XP penalty to death by ganking.
    Well we haven't cover the last aspect of the OP and that is forced GvG

Any guild can declare war on any other guild by paying 200,000 silver.

the other guild does not have to accept the declaration of war for the declaring guild to attack and kill their PvP enabled players with no consequences or karma hits.

the declaring guild does not have to pay 200,000 silver anymore to maintain the war.

If the guild being declared on accepts the declaration of war then ALL members of those guilds are attackable regardless of LEVEL without consequences or karma hits.

thoughts?

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'll put BDO in the virtual world category, myself

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    Everyone wanted a virtual world with real meaning and consequences now here it is.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    ArChWind said:
    laserit said:
    Everyone wanted a virtual world with real meaning and consequences now here it is.
    I don't know about everyone, but I know I do and I'm enjoying it so far :)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Alpha_ChinoAlpha_Chino Member UncommonPosts: 36
    So far so good.  MMORPG trolls have not let me down.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    ArChWind said:
    laserit said:
    ha! I already had one for years

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• odinthor021odinthor021 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    edited March 2016
    Well so far up to this point the game is great. To bad the folks running it are so fucking inept.
    This is kinda scary too!
    • Please note that the server order has changed, so your characters may not be immediately visible. Please ensure you are checking the correct server.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    I'm sure the launch delay will also be be used by many to reinforce the game's 'failure'  SMH
    I'm sure the launch delay will also be be used by many to reinforce the game's 'failure'  SMH
    maybe they are removing gender locking

SEANMCAD said:

What does gender locking have to do with it?

ArChWind said:
    SEANMCAD said:

i figure that if they are having a launch delay maybe its because they are removing that 'feature'

laserit said:
    ArChWind said:
    laserit said:
    I don't know about everyone, but I know I do and I'm enjoying it so far :)

so far puts you in category 2

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Three words:
    Another Asian Grinder!

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ArChWind said:
    Phry said:
      <snip>

Thats the crux of the argument, when PVP happens to those who are not flagged up. The attacker(s) lose Karma, and the Victim loses XP.
    They could probably buy themselves a bit of goodwill from the PVE players if there wasn't an XP penalty to death by ganking.

the other guild does not have to accept the declaration of war for the declaring guild to attack and kill their PvP enabled players with no consequences or karma hits.

the declaring guild does not have to pay 200,000 silver anymore to maintain the war.

If the guild being declared on accepts the declaration of war then ALL members of those guilds are attackable regardless of LEVEL without consequences or karma hits.

thoughts?
    Ouch, i guess the real question then becomes, how quickly can Guild members drop out of the Guild to avoid getting ganked.
    You could probably destroy a guild if enough effort was put in, i can think of several Corps/Alliances in Eve that would be very interested in that mechanic, Goonswarm in particular, sounds right up their alley.
    SEANMCAD said:
    ArChWind said:
    SEANMCAD said:

i figure that if they are having a launch delay maybe its because they are removing that 'feature'
    oh well that would be interesting but lots of people streaming now means the servers are up and running.

Besides I didn't include the pre-purchased crowd in this since they would not buy it on features but they just go boo and not buy.

Phry said:
    ArChWind said:
    Phry said:
      <snip>

thoughts?
    Ouch, i guess the real question then becomes, how quickly can Guild members drop out of the Guild to avoid getting ganked.
    You could probably destroy a guild if enough effort was put in, i can think of several Corps/Alliances in Eve that would be very interested in that mechanic, Goonswarm in particular, sounds right up their alley.
    that fall in the last category so why now do you see the point of this post?

• 209vaughn209vaughn Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Waterlily said:
    I noticed many people use the word "sandbox" to justify a game that lacks enough PVE content. Black Desert is one of them.
    There is quite a bit of traditional PvE.

But besides, thats sort of like saying EVE Online is a bad game because there is little PVE content.  If you want countless quest hubs to hold your hand, then maybe its not the right game for you.
    209vaughn said:
    I am not paying $50 to play a game where PVP is part of it without my consent. No accidentally PVP flag, nothing like that, I play PVE no PVP and if any game wants money they must realize what ha sbeen posted here in many cases, PVP servers end dead. Look at the most recent example with Wildstar where they have to merge the PVP server and PVE servers in EU and in NA. Because PVP is  the killer of any game.
    You sort of sound like a sissy.  Your mom needs to hold your hand while you play games possibly.

How many people bought it not realizing they were buying into a forced PvP game since the main hype has been all about sandbox?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    209vaughn said:
    Waterlily said:
    I noticed many people use the word "sandbox" to justify a game that lacks enough PVE content. Black Desert is one of them.
    There is quite a bit of traditional PvE.

But besides, thats sort of like saying EVE Online is a bad game because there is little PVE content.  If you want countless quest hubs to hold your hand, then maybe its not the right game for you.
    I don't think anyone wanting a good game wants questing hubs.Eve is a far cry from sandbox and i agree with the other poster "Sandbox" has been a misused term that has basically meant LACK OF CONTENT.

I find is saddening to see how al these genres are labeled yet when comes down to actual game play they are VERY shallow.Example ARPG's i see nothing more than spam spam spam and mindless combat spam.Sandbox i see EMPTY world,just a shell of a game.Moba's i see locked cameras and sure those might be mobile units but little to no AI and little to no animation,basically scratching the surface ,no Saga pun intended.
    How BDO fail,easy with bad game design.quick racing to end level then showing it's true face will leave lots of players eventually disappointed and bored...again.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.