Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Arcterra Assessment - WildStar Previews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Arcterra Assessment - WildStar Previews

It’s been a long wait, but WildStar’s test realm has just been patched with a ton of new content. The latest update, Destination: Arcterra, introduces a new frozen wasteland zone that’s packed with cruel, foreboding architecture. It also promises to continue the Nexus Saga, picking up the world story and leading us on a search for the Vault of the Archon.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I'm loving this game, I left Rift and WoW and never looked back!

Absolutely love the humor and art style!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Wildstar deserves so much more credit as a mmorpg than it really gets.

I play it here and there if only for it's style, sci fi theme and general wetern gunslinger versus British tea slinging nazii's.

I myself and super excited we are seeing content coming. Considering I was worried this game was sinking faster than ....a sinking ship that is also sinking.
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Daily zones become obsolete in all MMOs as content progresses.

Unless you are a lore hound, a completionist, or really want something from the rep vendors, there is barely a reason to hit the old daily zones. The contract boards do have some of the bosses from the old zones in the kill list, so that always brings a quick spike in population.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I just did not find it fun at all,not even remotely.Besides that the graphics and not sure why gave me a headache.To me it felt like that Skyforge game,couldn't wait to get out.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    This game has some good things but also some bad things like crafting which is a disaster.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    The art direction of this game is top notch. I'll definitely give it a shot one of these days, hopefully it will stick around
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124

The art direction of this game is top notch. I'll definitely give it a shot one of these days, hopefully it will stick around

reallY? I never played a game where the art style annoyed me more than in wildstar. I tried to get into it, but just couldnt do it because of the art. it looks like a childrens cartoon.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    I love cartoon art styles, but Wildstar really irritated me. Felt like they were trying too hard to win the audiences hearts, which ended up pushing people away instead.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    If the revenues of this game continue so low, it won't last one more year.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited February 2016

reallY? I never played a game where the art style annoyed me more than in wildstar. I tried to get into it, but just couldnt do it because of the art. it looks like a childrens cartoon.

It looks like Pixar, can anyone not like Pixar movies?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Asamof said:
    I love cartoon art styles, but Wildstar really irritated me. Felt like they were trying too hard to win the audiences hearts, which ended up pushing people away instead.
    SO you decorate your house to look cartoony?I bet you don't ,i bet you have mature looking decor.People of mature age do not like cartoony,they like nice looking things,that is why we heard nothing but hype over Aions character creator and now BDO's character creator.You NEVER hear about cartoony characters as great looking.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

Asamof said:

SO you decorate your house to look cartoony?I bet you don't ,i bet you have mature looking decor.People of mature age do not like cartoony,they like nice looking things,that is why we heard nothing but hype over Aions character creator and now BDO's character creator.You NEVER hear about cartoony characters as great looking.

Here we say:

Tastes are like arse holes... Everyone has one.

:)
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Wizardry said:
    Asamof said:

Some of the shit you say...

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Really wish Wildstar added a new race or a new class by now.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 670
    I like the art style... A lot... But I SIMPLY CAN'T give this game more than an hour before I want to puke all over it. We have seen it before in soooo many forms and I feel like it needs to stop. I have pretty much quit gaming anyway and will probably never play a game seriously again... But if I would, I want it to be a MMO. WildStar will NEVER be that game.
    I like the art style... A lot... But I SIMPLY CAN'T give this game more than an hour before I want to puke all over it. We have seen it before in soooo many forms and I feel like it needs to stop. I have pretty much quit gaming anyway and will probably never play a game seriously again... But if I would, I want it to be a MMO. WildStar will NEVER be that game.
    Have you actually played the game to say this?

Many many of the systems in Wildstar are unique...
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

That depends on your target demographic, i understand that 8 year olds in particular love Pixar Movies. :p
  • vanitycorpsevanitycorpse Member UncommonPosts: 22
    35 here love the art style and love pixar movies ^^
    who said we needed to grow up? :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Phry said:

That depends on your target demographic, i understand that 8 year olds in particular love Pixar Movies. :p
    I find it ironic that on a game website someone would insinuate animated movies are only for kids XD
    It's like you've never seen them. 
    12 million people found WoW graphics acceptable. I myself didn't, not for the initial release anyway.  I was playing City of Heroes at the time, and I didn't like any of the WoW races or starting areas. The Draenei were the first ones I actually liked. Wildstar on the other hand has great character, style and variety in it's artwork.  
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    I love the art style and humour too in this game. I was not fond of the combat but everything was so great. I would still be playing if not for the combat.