Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daum At This Point Is A Joke

2»

Comments

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    edited February 2016

[mod edit]

OP is correct.  Money was paid to play on Sunday, Early Access was promised.  This was not a giant everyone trying to log in at the same time mess. If y'all are happy paying extra cash for  Early Access, and then not playing, well good for you.  But I find it hilarious that so many of you are ripping on the OP because he is upset that he did not receive what he paid for, imagine that, expecting to receive items on time and done correctly.

Post edited by Vaross on
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Urncaller said:
    Not to bash on them but still after 24 hours and a gm response none of my items were delivered...yes they had issues with characters on wrong servers etc I never had that ...I just did not get my items but I assume those thta got 2-3 pets got mine....now they are down for maintenance and say in the downtime thread they already corrected the issues but just need to take servers down too assure issues are corrected....well here is to hoping...

At this point in my opinion and from the blogs and etc the company for the west has posted it is a skeleton crew, A different publisher for us in the West should have been hired.
    Seriously? You didn't get your items delivered and you're bitching? I know people who had their characters moved to the wrong server and they are handling this better than you are.
    Astropuyo said:
    mcrippins said:
    I find this hilarious. I've been able to play the game smoothly with pretty much no problems at all. I haven't received my items yet, but I don't see the rush. They'll be here soon. 

I know! I was laughing for atleast 20 minutes.
    I mean wow wooo ahhh haha...

What a prat response.

He's right (The poster) Daum is a joke in how they respond to players and community in general.
    You'd think they'd have an account item delivery system working. Considering the game is hella old by mmorpg standards. (New to "us" isn't new).

But yeah hilarity has ensued. Christ on a nabisco.
    Since when has 15 months been "hella old" in mmorpg standards?

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    If you had paid attention when you redeemed your items it said it could take up to 24 hours to receive them in game.

Steam: Neph

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    Wylf said:

[mod edit]

OP is correct.  Money was paid to play on Sunday, Early Access was promised.  This was not a giant everyone trying to log in at the same time mess. If y'all are happy paying extra cash for  Early Access, and then not playing, well good for you.  But I find it hilarious that so many of you are ripping on the OP because he is upset that he did not receive what he paid for, imagine that, expecting to receive items on time and done correctly.

No one is ripping the OP for being upset that he did not receive what he paid for.  What the OP is being ripped for is expecting for an MMORPG to not have any problems a day after pre-lauch when, to date, there has been no precedence in MMORPG history to support that such would not be the case this time. This occurs in e.v.e.r.y single launch, and in every single launch people complaining are told that they should always wait for a week or two to ensure stable game play, yet at every launch we hear the same complaints.  No one is telling anyone not to pre-order or jump into a game on its initial release.  What people are doing is warning those that do to be ready for the problems that are inevitable with MMORPG game launches, and that you have only yourself to blame if you don't adhere to those warnings. 

Post edited by Vaross on
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    edited February 2016
    Wylf said:

[mod edit]

Wow people that didn't read the OP out in force today. He could play the game just fine. There was nothing in the preorder package that you had to have in order to play. Not to mention on the page where you redeem the items it specifically said may take up to 24 hours to receive in game.

I had the client open for 19 hours straight and the server never went down once. So how's the OP correct again?

Post edited by Vaross on

Steam: Neph

• Deftpunk79Deftpunk79 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I just want to say that I have been loving early access, and think it has been going smoothly. I can see myself playing this game for a long time. I also have not received my pre-purchase items, but it isn't a big deal. I expect to get them today sometime. Daum has done a relatively great job with this launch.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I will NEVER pay for an MMORPG until after it's been out for a bit.

The other thing, OP, if I might suggest. Here is a game many people have been in anticipation to play for some time now. If you aren't hitting on something they are being affected by, you probably aren't going to gather much support here. Your claim my be legit, but I don't think it's impacting that many. And for those having fun, Daum isn't a "joke".

Personally, I have always been a big believer that we should not accept these issues. At the same time, idealism here is futile. MMOs will launch with issues. That's a given. A pragmatic approach is as I stated above. Wait until you know it's worth it.
  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Truth be told I was very surprised that Daum made BDO b2p in the West. Now I feel that they made this move because they wanted to make as much revenue as possible before the hype dies down. Since the cash shop is ridiculous to say the least (I remember a full set of costumes used to cost over US$60 on the Korean server during the first few months of launch), Daum knows they ain't gonna make much out of it. If they lower the prices of the cash shop items too much, people back home would start complaining. So the only way for them to maximize profit is really to hop on the hype train.
    I will NEVER pay for an MMORPG until after it's been out for a bit.

The other thing, OP, if I might suggest. Here is a game many people have been in anticipation to play for some time now. If you aren't hitting on something they are being affected by, you probably aren't going to gather much support here. Your claim my be legit, but I don't think it's impacting that many. And for those having fun, Daum isn't a "joke".

Personally, I have always been a big believer that we should not accept these issues. At the same time, idealism here is futile. MMOs will launch with issues. That's a given. A pragmatic approach is as I stated above. Wait until you know it's worth it.
    My items haven't been delivered yet and I had to make another claim via the website and possibly wait another 24 hours so I know what they are talking about. Does that make them a joke? No. Does that make OP a joke? Yea lol
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Pre -ordering a game is akin to going full retard.... Nobody ever goes full retard....

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    The title is what did it. We all know shit goes bad on firtst day, launch, pre launch whatever semantics you want to use

Yeah they had major problems and it doesnt look like theyre going to do much about it. I do hope they at least make sure no one got more store currency than they were supposed to get. Too many pets and outfits, those used to be given to every character made on an account so theyre throw away anyhow.

But its a choice, if remaking a character gets you your stuff and you think xxx amount of hours is too much time put in to restart thats your choice, then you wait. If you remake one and its still not there then you might be able to piss and man a little bit. But since it takes 24 hrs for toons to disappear there then it probably wouldnt be earth shattering then either.

I dont think many people remember some of the truly bad launches.
    rodarin said:

I dont think many people remember some of the truly bad launches.
    lol can you imagine some of these people dealing with the really terrible launches?
  • kage71kage71 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Kyarra said:
    Well, never play an MMO at release day...

thats a wellknown fact, just to many uncertain variables..
    Oh I know, but the betas went good, the game was established in other countries, been burned before from other opening days (Vanguard, Archeage to name a couple)..would think I would of learned my lesson then lol.
    I understand your concerns and why you are mad however you must admit that this implementation of the these items are a new thing. It could have been avoided if they would have let players test out receiving their items in CB1 or CB2 but they didn't and that mistake is on their part. You would have thought they would have done that type of thing in the first place but who knows maybe they didn't have it set up during the time of the betas. And if they would have set back the CB testing we would have had people pissed about that one. Lol companies have so many issues when they release a game it's sad.

Haha and Vangard was just a buggy piece of crap before it was out so that should never be brought up. I think everyone was burnt from that game.
  • chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited March 2016
    Kyarra said:
    mcrippins said:
    I find this hilarious. I've been able to play the game smoothly with pretty much no problems at all. I haven't received my items yet, but I don't see the rush. They'll be here soon. 
    I will find it hilarious years from now, but for now I am kinda pissed. Money not well spent. Try losing 6 hours of grinding, and my time, then see if u laugh.

Not to belittle your pain but things like this have been happening since mmos have been around. I remember back in the day in EQ my character got stuck in the Kunark tunnel. I needed to have a world kick from a gm. If I remember correctly I needed to be logged in for some reason. I can't remember why now since this was more than ten years ago. Anyway, it took 5 days before a gm finally got to me at the time I was able to be logged in and wait. Yes, when you pay above the minimum price for the premium article you expect your moneys worth. Honestly I only get packages that have what I want in them. Not because of early access. Many more games have issues at launch than go smoothly and there always seems to be an exploit that needs down time or patching. I have come to expect it.