Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daum At This Point Is A Joke

UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
edited February 2016 in Black Desert Online
Not to bash on them but still after 24 hours and a gm response none of my items were delivered...yes they had issues with characters on wrong servers etc I never had that ...I just did not get my items but I assume those thta got 2-3 pets got mine....now they are down for maintenance and say in the downtime thread they already corrected the issues but just need to take servers down too assure issues are corrected....well here is to hoping...

At this point in my opinion and from the blogs and etc the company for the west has posted it is a skeleton crew, A different publisher for us in the West should have been hired.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I guess you couldn't at least wait until after maintenance to see if it got resolved or not eh?
    I haven't gotten my pre-order items either, and neither have any of my friends so far.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CenceCence Member UncommonPosts: 4
    IF a Company is a joke cuz you haven't received your vanity items yet (but still can play and playing without issue) I think no company would satisfy your needs. (while it is an issue, and I can see its being annoying, its minor compare to the server swap one for example....)
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    They are also a joke because their solution for a mistake they made was to remake your character, never mind the 6 hours you spent grinding them, without the preorder items I may add, and now they are down for 3 hour maintenance. Yup, really mad I bought in to the conquerors package.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Well, never play an MMO at release day...

thats a wellknown fact, just to many uncertain variables..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Didn't get your items? Did you log into your account and collect them from there?

Oh I know, but the betas went good, the game was established in other countries, been burned before from other opening days (Vanguard, Archeage to name a couple)..would think I would of learned my lesson then lol.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    edited February 2016
    I find this hilarious. I've been able to play the game smoothly with pretty much no problems at all. I haven't received my items yet, but I don't see the rush. They'll be here soon. 
    mcrippins said:
    I find this hilarious. I've been able to play the game smoothly with pretty much no problems at all. I haven't received my items yet, but I don't see the rush. They'll be here soon. 
    I will find it hilarious years from now, but for now I am kinda pissed. Money not well spent. Try losing 6 hours of grinding, and my time, then see if u laugh.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Kyarra said:
    mcrippins said:
    I will find it hilarious years from now, but for now I am kinda pissed. Money not well spent. Try losing 6 hours of grinding, and my time, then see if u laugh.
    I get that everyone plays games differently, and that's fine. Yet, one thing I've learned not to do is anything hardcore on the first day. As someone said earlier, too many variables, and anything can happen. Although wipes or lengthy rollbacks seem pretty rare these days.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyarra said:

Oh I know, but the betas went good, the game was established in other countries, been burned before from other opening days (Vanguard, Archeage to name a couple)..would think I would of learned my lesson then lol.
    Yeah good points. I thought the CB2 was incredibly smooth.

Too bad some intern pointed the one channel with the same name (and what's up with that? why do all the channels have names and why the same channel name for all servers?) to the wrong servers.

IDK if they tested the item delivery system in CB2 since I was there on a free key, but they borked that one too with duplicate, triplicates and more for some and nothing for others.

But yeah, the only constant in MMO launches is that something will screw up...always. You can depend on it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• fuzzi1983fuzzi1983 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    mcrippins said:
    Kyarra said:
    mcrippins said:
    I get that everyone plays games differently, and that's fine. Yet, one thing I've learned not to do is anything hardcore on the first day. As someone said earlier, too many variables, and anything can happen. Although wipes or lengthy rollbacks seem pretty rare these days.
    Exactly right. I have the game. Maybe played 2 hrs total so far. I don't understand how people get upset because they wasted their lives playing a game and then they complain? Wasting your time? More like your life.. And then they want to get angry at the company that shut down the servers to give them their lives back? They should be thanking them! 
    mcrippins said:
    Kyarra said:
    mcrippins said:
    Yea my fault cause I wanted to get ahead some because I have work today.
  • MelMel2MelMel2 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I'm all for "play at your own peril" on release day.  I did it cuz idgaf...  I will say this though, while it's common, it's still not acceptable for a game to release like this.  IMO BDO has actually been a steady head start launch & 3 hours of downtime is no biggie; however, games release far to often bugged and incomplete.  Even though BDO's issues were minor IMO, it's never fair to a consumer to not put the completed and working product out there on day 1.

On a side note, I think Daum has missed on a few simple but major issues in localization.  If anything, I only blame them for those poor decision when bringing the game to the west and making it B2P.  There were a lot of changes that should have happened when the game was made B2P that never happened.  One example, the extremely high cash shop prices...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    On an unrelated note CCP took EVE down unexpectedly last Friday for about 4 hours, and will do so again today for 5 hours today due to database problems.

If even a veteran game company can have an unforseen issue, it should be expected or at least no surprise a title at launch will.

I can see where they might not have tested the preorder item delivery mechanism as thoroughly as they should have as the focus was probably on other areas.

Like others said, probably a good idea to steer clear of lanch weeks.  They don't sell you those perks just for your enjoyment, its to encourage you to put up with all the shenanigans.

I am Phenomenal

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    The servers are back up, and I got my pre-order items. All set now.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Iselin said:
    Kyarra said:

Yeah good points. I thought the CB2 was incredibly smooth.

Too bad some intern pointed the one channel with the same name (and what's up with that? why do all the channels have names and why the same channel name for all servers?) to the wrong servers.

IDK if they tested the item delivery system in CB2 since I was there on a free key, but they borked that one too with duplicate, triplicates and more for some and nothing for others.

But yeah, the only constant in MMO launches is that something will screw up...always. You can depend on it.
    Actually they did test the delivery system though it's a bit ridiculous as you have to go to the website in order to claim them.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KrylosKrylos Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Look at all the crybabies in this thread....
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Attitudes in this thread are why games fail and MMO genre is dead...

'grinding for 6 hrs' (which to them equates to something they simply cant do over again after they remake a character) , not receiving vanity items, and maintenance are all end of the world scenarios.

But then again people that buy into early release are ironically the types that wont stick around too long anyway, but they are the ones who like to blitz all the 'content' as fast as they can so they can be the first to do something. Getting Early access just means first to stop playing in most (vast majority) of cases.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

This can't even be considered a launch.  It's pre-launch.  Launch for the general public won't be until the 3rd.  Something was bound to go wrong.  Expecting everything to go smoothly and complaining a day or two into pre-launch is expressing a whole lot of naivete and inexperience on the part of any gamer.  Don't be that person.
  • runedragonrunedragon Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited February 2016
    [mod edit] Really people its not even launch day........
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • Kobin24Kobin24 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    rodarin said:

'grinding for 6 hrs' (which to them equates to something they simply cant do over again after they remake a character) , not receiving vanity items, and maintenance are all end of the world scenarios.

But then again people that buy into early release are ironically the types that wont stick around too long anyway, but they are the ones who like to blitz all the 'content' as fast as they can so they can be the first to do something. Getting Early access just means first to stop playing in most (vast majority) of cases.
    I don't think anyone states it's the end of the world or they're going to cancel.  I do think it's appropriate to expect a product to work (as intended).  This BS of it's an MMO and everyone should know the first few weeks/months are going to be buggy is complete and utter crap.  There are NO other companies in the world that get away with what these gaming industry folks get away with.  It's just "expected" that things won't work properly right off the bat and if people complain about it then they're cry babies.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Kobin24 said:
    rodarin said:

I don't think anyone states it's the end of the world or they're going to cancel.  I do think it's appropriate to expect a product to work (as intended).  This BS of it's an MMO and everyone should know the first few weeks/months are going to be buggy is complete and utter crap.  There are NO other companies in the world that get away with what these gaming industry folks get away with.  It's just "expected" that things won't work properly right off the bat and if people complain about it then they're cry babies.

But it's the nature inherent to launching complicated and interactive code technology like an MMORPG into cyber space. To expect everything to go smoothly upon initial use of such intricate code and technology is being a bit of a prude.  Exercise a little consideration and patience.  It's all part of being an adult about these sorts of things. 
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    mcrippins said:

I know! I was laughing for atleast 20 minutes.
    I mean wow wooo ahhh haha...

What a prat response.

He's right (The poster) Daum is a joke in how they respond to players and community in general.
    You'd think they'd have an account item delivery system working. Considering the game is hella old by mmorpg standards. (New to "us" isn't new).

But yeah hilarity has ensued. Christ on a nabisco.
  • Kobin24Kobin24 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Kobin24 said:
    rodarin said:

But it's the nature inherent to launching complicated and interactive code technology like an MMORPG into cyber space. To expect everything to go smoothly upon initial use of such intricate code and technology is being a bit of a prude.  Exercise a little consideration and patience.  It's all part of being an adult about these sorts of things. 
    I completely agree, it's complicated and things are bound to go wrong from time to time.  What I don't agree with is that it's just "ok".  Now, if they're handing out a discounted membership for the month, I'm ok with that.  In my line of work, we also have unexpected events that occur periodically.  I can't tell my customers who pay a monthly bill on-time to be patient or that providing their product is extremely difficult and sophisticated and they shouldn't be so prude.  The bottom line is; they're paying for a product and we're not delivering, it's really that simple.  So when that happens, I can't expect a customer to pay full price for a product that doesn't work as intended. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I guess you couldn't at least wait until after maintenance to see if it got resolved or not eh?
    I haven't gotten my pre-order items either, and neither have any of my friends so far.
    so much for PRE order lmao.

Why would you wait,are they waiting for your money ....ever?

That is the whole idea behind a pre-order to get it BEFORE not after the fact.

Maintenance?WTF does that have to do with item changes,that kind of stuff happens on the fly ,you don't take servers down to have items show up.

To me it looks like another typical rush job,nothing organized.It's like a carpenter or mechanic showing up without his tools.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.