Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If BDO was changed after launch to be more like DF what would you do?

ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
edited February 2016 in Black Desert Online
Lot of people want it to be a 'real' sandbox as they say so what would you do if the developer caved in changed it back? Was going to make a poll but maybe someone has time to do it. Be interesting to hear your thought though.

EDIT: The system would be OW FFA, looting player kills and no karma.

edit2:

1. - PvE to PvP flag is no longer a quest. You are going to level to be flaged PvP weather you want to or not. Only option you will have is to quit playing or flag OW FFA PvP

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/17922-what-level-do-i-need-to-quit-at-to-never-pvp/&page=6#comment-486254

2. - If you are PvE you will be forced to PvP or die and take experience loss. If you flag up there is not experience loss or karma hit on your attacker if they kill you.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/23424-pk-myth/#comment-487791

3. - Guild wars no longer require upkeep cost. So guilds can declare wars and do not have to maintain the high cost of doing so.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/16884-gvg-war-mechanics/

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
Post edited by ArChWind on

Comments

• gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I would love to see that "legal means" if it happened. In the end you had to explain a sane person what you didn't like about the changes of a video game.. I would so love to see that letter :)!

So with DF you mean darkfall? I guess you consider it as sandbox then? To me this seems like a random question but for the sake of randomness i would throw in my randomination too, but only if it was a poll!

I like polls..

pizza too!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Laugh, probably.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    The developers won't cave. For every one of those people, there are five more that don't want that crap. It's why the MMO market is predominately made up of themeparks, with all of the biggest, most successful titles falling into that category.

BDO's going for more of a hybrid, to see if they can carve themselves a niche with that. Which currently seems to be working out in their favor, considering the ridiculous amount of pre-orders they've been getting.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83
    That would depend on what part of darkfall your talking about. Open world pvp no ty, aim based combat system sure, ai that doesn't sit in giant clumps waiting to be killed would be nice too.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    I would go on a massive cocaine bender.

To be fair though, I would be doing that no matter what BDO is like.
    -Chuckles
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    "Making it more like DF" is a pretty broad statement, any specific changes you had in mind?
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited February 2016
    Why on earth would they?
    If they put in open world FFA PVP full loot this game would tank within weeks.
    Besides how fun is it, for me not much due to if i die and get looted no problem I have 100+ armour and weapons i crafted in bank anyway to refit me so no really loss there.

But to your question well I would ask for a refund because I bought the game what they advertised on their homepage.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    ArChWind said:
    ...if the developer caved in changed it back? 

This would imply that the game that was released in KR was a different game than what was originally designed.  I think you're asking for the developers to reinvent the game, which is not the same thing as reverting it back.  That ISN'T going to happen now.  If were going to change, it would have happened BEFORE it ever released in KR.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Here we have another player who thinks the definition of sandbox is ffa pvp.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    filmoret said:
    Here we have another player who thinks the definition of sandbox is ffa pvp.
    and the BOMB HAS BEEN DROPPED!

please everyone!

another *my definition of sandbox is true* thread... pretty pretty please!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Make it more like DF as in cruddy animation "twitch" combat with everybody sprinting around in circles and bunny hopping around to avoid reticles XD? 

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I would do backflips if they put in free aim combat with less self rooting.  I would also prefer true open world housing that has more of a PvP function, windows you can look out of etc.  I would also like BDO to have the naval combat and ship options along with destruction of your cities that darkfall has.  

They are putting in an outlaw type area to the game.  So the open world PvP people will have a nice section of the game (somewhat isolated from the rest of the game, look at the map for Valencia) to kill each other in.  They should advertise this coming area more.  They will get a lot of ex darkfall players that would play for this area alone.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I still wouldn't play and neither would any of my cronies.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Is the Darkfall model so popular? I thought the game did badly why would BDO emulate that ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Black Desert is just showing what people want in a sandbox game. 

Darkfall does not have half the sandbox features of Black Desert. 

Darfall was one of those games that people said would fail out of the gate and thats exactly what it did.  =)

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    cheyane said:
    Is the Darkfall model so popular? I thought the game did badly why would BDO emulate that ?
    I think the OP is mostly joking. Some tongue in cheek humor aimed at those who bitch and moan about the karma system keeping them from thoroughly ruining other people's fun.

Darkfall is one of those titles that never really went anywhere. One of the many obscure MMOs out there in that vast ocean of games.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm a self described carebear but I played DFUW for years and mostly enjoyed it.  I think a lot of people assume things and let FFAPVP full loot scare them off without even trying.  I am concerned that BDO does not have enough risk vs reward or real reason to PvP.  I will need to see the siege system to really determine if it is worthwhile and not PvP just for PvP's sake.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited February 2016
    41eX said:
    The reaction from most wannabe hardcore pvpers is : 
    "I want to gank noobs without any consequence!"
    "dont run away i want a easy kill!"
    "I'd stop playing immediately if i cant spawn camp noobs."

Fixed it for you.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    YashaX said:
    "Making it more like DF" is a pretty broad statement, any specific changes you had in mind?

OW FFA loot no karma system.

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited February 2016
    I honestly don't know.  DF was amazing because the amount of fear you felt all the time was crazy.  It really enhanced the experience.

But there's tons of problems that go along with FFA full loot games.

I'd actually probably really enjoy BDO if it was full loot, but I can see why it won't ever be that way.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    People who think sandbox means FFA Full Loot are idiots...

FFA Full loot is a type of 'niche' sandbox... but it is not a sandbox in and of itself...

That is like saying Sodium Chloride is a salt... thus all salts must be Sodium Chloride...

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    fs23otm said:

FFA Full loot is a type of 'niche' sandbox... but it is not a sandbox in and of itself...

That is like saying Sodium Chloride is a salt... thus all salts must be Sodium Chloride...

Not sure who in this thread was saying that.  Darkfall however very much is a Full loot FFA sandbox, and the OP is asking if we'd want that for BDO.
    gipfeli said:
    I would love to see that "legal means" if it happened. In the end you had to explain a sane person what you didn't like about the changes of a video game.. I would so love to see that letter :)!

So with DF you mean darkfall? I guess you consider it as sandbox then? To me this seems like a random question but for the sake of randomness i would throw in my randomination too, but only if it was a poll!

I like polls..

pizza too!

I bought the game as is with those features so I would expect those features but they switch the product to something else. Sorry I edit it and removed the statement. Lot of difference of opinion here seems it is split.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    fs23otm said:

Not sure who in this thread was saying that.  Darkfall however very much is a Full loot FFA sandbox, and the OP is asking if we'd want that for BDO.

The OP said it clearly in his post.  He wanted it to be more like darkfall in respects to the sandbox which equates to one difference and that is ffa full loot pvp.  Hmm he changed the OP but its still presented fairly strong. 

Mardukk said:
    I'm a self described carebear but I played DFUW for years and mostly enjoyed it.  I think a lot of people assume things and let FFAPVP full loot scare them off without even trying.  I am concerned that BDO does not have enough risk vs reward or real reason to PvP.  I will need to see the siege system to really determine if it is worthwhile and not PvP just for PvP's sake.

What made me not play the game was this....  Running in circles 150 mph calling it skill when it is really spam.

Make it more like DF as in cruddy animation "twitch" combat with everybody sprinting around in circles and bunny hopping around to avoid reticles XD? 

Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited February 2016
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18464-interview-with-the-developers/

As posted elsewhere. You should read it completely.

First - allowing trade pack to be stolen is the start as future plans are to allow player trade pack lootable. we will see how this turns out.

Secondly - hinting at reducing karma loss for those that which to PK. How much is not given and future adjustments could reduce it more.

Anyway this thread was just to get a feel of how the player base here felt and it appears they are fine with these changes so expect them on release or in the near future..

edit: -
    Right now a big push in these changes is because the developer is open to suggestion and willing to make change for the market. Many eve, DF and L2 players on the forum now trying to make it happen.

Post edited by ArChWind on