Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One costume cost more than an entire game - Cash shop prices revealed.

Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12313-cbt2-patch-notes/&page=1

A full costume set in Europe will cost 32 Euro. Pieces of costume will sell for a total of 40 Euro.

Pets are 9 Euro each.

A full game price is 30 Euro.

And so the Cash extraction simulator begins.

Comments

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Careful now the fanbois are going to see this post and lose their minds.   Even if you are factually correct. ;-)

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Wylf said:
    Careful now the fanbois are going to see this post and lose their minds.   Even if you are factually correct. ;-)

Even the players on the official forum are not happy with this prices.

They really went too far. They can't be this greedy.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I can understand how upsetting this might be for many. But I prefer them to sell expensive customs and nothing else rather than exploring other means to charge the players. I know that's naive, but I prefer that anyways ;)
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Who cares?  Don't buy it.  They'll lower the price if nobody pays.  

I self identify as a monkey.

Since people compared this games model often to Gw2. Even in Gw2 the costume cost 10-12 euro.

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    edited February 2016
    Run away from this garbage... Looks like it really is Archeage 2.0 
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    They can be as greedy as they want with cosmetics. If you want to look expensive, then pay an expensive price.

Seems like everyone these days wants everything for free or cheap. Can't have it both ways. They give you something that isn't Pay 2 Win. Be happy.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It MAY be just cosmetics, but jeeze... how many people would buy a costume at that cost? I can see $10-$15, sure. 30? NOPE.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Yeah guess I will just be buying a pet at those prices......but if enough speak with their wallets then perhaps in time they will adjust them but who knows 30 is just absurd.
    mcrippins said:
    They can be as greedy as they want with cosmetics. If you want to look expensive, then pay an expensive price.

Seems like everyone these days wants everything for free or cheap. Can't have it both ways. They give you something that isn't Pay 2 Win. Be happy.

No P2W? You will be abel to put this costumes on the Auction House and trade it for in-game currency. And with the Price of 32 Euro, the demand for this costumes will sky rocket since very few will be abel to afford them. So players will be making 100 of millions of silver on them. They will be the richest best equiped players in the game.

There is always P2W in korean games in one form or another.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    This game looked awesome out of the gate but over time the shine has been dulled. This will be ArchAge with a prettier character creation and higher cash store prices.

Wait until the bots are let loose and nothing gets done..XD
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    OMFG I didn't expect the ca$h $hop to be that expensive. Glad I got my refund for the game... I'm waiting for it to go F2P and then I'll hop into it, and with those prices it might come sooner than I expected...
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I mean.. I've never understood the cost of $200 jeans, or a $50 v-neck, but they exist, and people buy it.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    edited February 2016
    I managed to get a BETA key but I'm going into it with very little knowledge about the game at all. The cost of cosmetic items doesn't matter to me but if I need to pay more than 20€/month to not be disadvantaged in various ways then I'm not getting the game. How fun the game is doesn't matter if the cash shop sells advantages.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Foncl said:
    I managed to get a BETA key but I'm going into it with very little knowledge about the game at all. The cost of cosmetic items doesn't matter to me but if I need to pay more than 20€/month to not be disadvantaged in various ways then I'm not getting the game. How fun the game is doesn't matter if the cash shop sells advantages.
    Cash shop is not P2W (yet...)
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    It MAY be just cosmetics, but jeeze... how many people would buy a costume at that cost? I can see $10-$15, sure. 30? NOPE.
    My real life pants didn't cost me $30 lol

Costco FTW

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SerpieriSerpieri Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Got to love cash stores where they can overcharge on items that took very little development time compared to making actual content.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I take pride in looking like a hobo in MMOs. $1 would be too much for me.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I can understand how upsetting this might be for many. But I prefer them to sell expensive customs and nothing else rather than exploring other means to charge the players. I know that's naive, but I prefer that anyways ;)

Oh don't worry. They'll "explore" other means to charge the players lol. 
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Who cares?  Don't buy it.  They'll lower the price if nobody pays.  
    Thats what i was thinking, they do nothing for you ingame so if it too expensive dont buy them.
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    I dont get it,  pets in Tera cost 9$ to (its kind of the normal prize) , and in B&S they have 25$ costumes.
    And trust me a lot of them are walking around in them.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    WoW's shop

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/wow

$10 pets
    $25 mounts
    $15 hats

$50 expansion paywalls

While I hope BDO's shop stays away from P2W as they've stated it will at least for "launch," the prices don't seem that crazy.

Then again I assume they won't have paid for expansions or content updates and that someone could pay $30 and never spend another dime.

Nothing in the shop is "needed" and "wants" come at a price.

Although I'm sure the flood of tears and refund requests might result in at least costumes taking a few dollars off. Don't mess with people and their pixel underwear.
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Costume cost more than game because game is free to play. The only reason you pay for it because they realised they can easily pretend it is B2P for some time for initial cash grab.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LMAO people outraged at this yet Chris Roberts has sold a hundred million in ship jpegs for a game that doesnt exist yet other than a tech demo that is really not playable.

That isnt a Black Desert fanbois white knight defense I have never played any version and dont have nay intention of playing it for quite some time, (when it goes free to play around Thanksgiving I will maybe give it a try) just trying to put things in perspective.
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Full new costume armor sets in POE cost similar amounts and doesn't include a weapon custome piece. I don't see the BD market prices as that far off. The real issue is POE is totally free and BD is not.