Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TWITCH] - That Awkward Moment when the New Guy Spills the Beans

MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
edited February 2016 in Star Citizen
This is just so funny. Check out "New Guy" dropping the Bomb @ 1h:20min. [video]

Disco: "Any Update on the Female Models?"
Ben: "I do not have an update on the female models..."
New Guy: "All models are completely re-done!"

Everyone: *awkward silence*
Ben: *laughs*

New Guy: "Well that was announced"

*quickly change subject*

Ben: "A lot of pants this week too"

Clicky This Link to see the video on twitch

So all player models are going to be completely re-done. After 3 years (or 5 depending which camp you are in) in development they still don't have the player model done and still don't have a female version. Sometimes i wonder what they are doing over there.

Have faith!

PS: Who the fluff is that wanna be gangster rapper kid in the background?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
- Michael Bitton
Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
- SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Post edited by MrSnuffles on

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Unbelievable! 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    I thought the munchie lady in sunglasses eating everyone's treats was gonna go full Pesci for a second.

"What's funny?"

(( crickets ))

Now that's power. Maybe she was just rehearsing for her next acting role as a spoiled, peripheral twit.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    That was hilarious. I'm guessing they'll ban him from any subsequent live events. If he still has a job, that is. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    That was hilarious. I'm guessing they'll ban him from any subsequent live events. If he still has a job, that is. 
    The poor guy seemed really confused about what just happened. I feel bad for him, someone has not told him that "Open Development" has a very special meaning at CIG just as pretty much every other established word/phrase like, "Game Development", "Alpha", "Release Date" or "Star Marine stand alone module" means something completely different when it comes to CIG.

Have faith!

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

I like how, of ONE POINT TWO MILLION, the recording has as many hits as a local roller derby event. Even live, it hit around 900, and dozens of those were people asking questions with intent to be banned from the channel.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    I like how, of ONE POINT TWO MILLION, the recording has as many hits as a local roller derby event. Even live, it hit around 900, and dozens of those were people asking questions with intent to be banned from the channel.
    I guess most of the 1.2 million Star Citizens have enough faith in Croberts that they don't need to watch it or ask questions.

But hey, it's a TV Show Produced and Directed by Croberts as per IMDB! A real nice way to pad his resume and stroke his ego.

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

With viewership like that, if it was on TV, the network would yank it after the first five minutes for reruns of american kennel club.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited February 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    That is an insult to our fine roller derby events, sir! A comparison to the WNBA ratings would have been far more appropriate. And accurate. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

I really wonder why they have to re-do all the models again. That must be really frustrating for the artists and animators too.

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    After nearly 10 years Blizzard completely redid their character model, so why did they do it? Obviously because at that point they had enough time and free staff to do so. I do not see why this is a big deal, if they are redoing character models that is probably because a lot of backers asked if the player models would be as good as celebrity character models.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

After nearly 10 years Blizzard completely redid their character model, so why did they do it? Obviously because at that point they had enough time and free staff to do so. I do not see why this is a big deal, if they are redoing character models that is probably because a lot of backers asked if the player models would be as good as celebrity character models.
    I'm almost 100% certain it's not so much an "improvement", as a way to "reduce moving parts". The system is already too complicated, and to fit more people per instance, they need to make cuts.
  • shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    The guy with the MONEY cap fits so well into this.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2016

So all player models are going to be completely re-done. After 3 years (or 5 depending which camp you are in) in development they still don't have the player model done and still don't have a female version. Sometimes i wonder what they are doing over there.

Never mind, they are "being" completely redone". In any case it looks like you are creating drama where this isn't any. So what if they are being completely redone? That's a good thing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    What is odd about redoing character models during development?

I mean, for a start they only have a single male model currently so of course they need to do some remodeling as well as additional modelling. 

Also, during development you use a lot of placeholder stuff till you are ready to spend time on filling in the gaps. You don't start with a fully fleshed out character creation process, all the variables worked out, all the textures created and all the animations done. It takes time and effort. 

There is a concerted effort by some folks to throw out common sense or just ignore what DEVELOPMENT means to try and shit on anything to do with SC. Really sad. 

Sovrath said:

Doesn't saying that they are completely redone mean that they are already "completely redone"?
    I thought that too when I first read the transcript. Had to tell from text what inflections were used when spoken. The odd silence could simple be a case of "that was going to be a big reveal next week not this week!!!".

Who knows but I certainly don't understand why either situation is a big deal. 
    Love it when people compare a company that has no game to one that has been out for years and players actually played it and enjoyed it. 

The only reason I believe CR is making new models is to try and quiet the backers down and try to show them they are actually working on more than just ships. It won't work but he is trying it anyway. 

Needs to keep the money rolling in. I would ask all backers that attack people like DS and myself to stop all funding for just 3 months. Let us witness if CR is telling the truth or lying like some of us believe when it comes to the non-game or how much they have wasted. 

Anyway just by watching how the old guys reacted to the new guys revelation, tells us those people in Escapist article were telling the truth. Wonder how much more these guys are hiding?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

There is a concerted effort by some folks to throw out common sense or just ignore what DEVELOPMENT means to try and shit on anything to do with SC. Really sad. 

Pretty much this. I realize that there are concerns and issues with how they are doing things but dredging up nonsense like this is just "hating".

Now, the people in the video didn't handle it well but that figures, get some awkward developers in front of a camera and that's what you get.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    No dog in the fight, but man these kids with the hate boner for this game are and have been a goldmine for enjoyable forum posts.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Adjuvant1 said:
    I'm almost 100% certain it's not so much an "improvement", as a way to "reduce moving parts". The system is already too complicated, and to fit more people per instance, they need to make cuts.
    Yes and i must take your word for certainty since you are an expert in game development. /sarcasm off

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Because the fps aspect of the game, once touted as "rivaling call of duty", which fans (literally) believe to be as this... (at 8:40)

...will end up, realistically, being more like Fallout:New Vegas or Skyrim.

Everyone: *awkward silence*

Just watched the section you are referring to and he actually says

"All models are being completely re done"

And there is no awkward silence so...wtf man, stop making stuff up. 
    edited February 2016
    Say what you want but all anyone with common sense can look back on Chris Roberts past and see he is still the same person that has never released a finish game. He may have ideas and a lot are great ideas, but he still has no clue how to make a game that can work and release. 

Then you have enough proof by his past that he isn't really a gamer but a film maker, that is what is in his blood and he clearly is wasting money on that. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Ofc you don´t. But it makes sense. 

This have been a good conversation

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Because the fps aspect of the game, once touted as "rivaling call of duty", which fans (literally) believe to be as this... (at 8:40)

...will end up, realistically, being more like Fallout:New Vegas or Skyrim.

I doubt that FO-NV and Fo3 feel so off because they're not really made on a shooter engine, SC is isn't it?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    New guy goes rogue...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

This discussion has been closed.