Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Trailer Spotlights The Gears of Change

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Trailer Spotlights The Gears of Change

The next significant update to Final Fantasy XIV called The Gears of Change is spotlighted in a brand new trailer to show off some of the incoming content including two new dungeons and brand new gear. Check it out and get ready for deployment in a bit under two weeks.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited February 2016
    Ok... wow. That music on Sephirot took me back nicely. And the fight looks intense. Everything in this patch is looking great. Can't wait.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Hildy and the Atmas theme in one update? Can't wait!

<3

• SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Just wish the game wasn't a shallow gear treadmill behind a beautiful exterior.

Got tired of grind grind, update, grind grind. Wish they would re-work the itemization into a more horizontal gear progression, but that is my wishful FFXI fanboy thinking.
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    edited February 2016
    I keep hearing this statement about this game being a shallow gear treadmill, when in fact it is the opposite. It's not the games fault that you dont enjoy the story, gold saucer, crafting, PvP or quests or having fun with friends. That's on you.

The size of the updates every 3 months is more than most MMO's offer. Lots of cool side stuff, new dungeons, primal, raids, quests, storyline, etc... every three months is awesome. Horizontal progression is a snooze fest. Lets not pretend that there is no grind in Guild Wars 2, the only difference is that you are playing dress up rather than getting items that make you stronger.

Anyways, looks like 3.2 is gonna add alot of cool features and I can't wait to try out the new encounters. FFXIV has held my interest going on two years now and it keeps sucking me back in with every update.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Good music as usually and I like the story. However, challenging content with rewards failing to meet said challenges will always be this games problem. They gotta let WoW loot system go, especially since the system is inferior to wow. Once they fix that, it'll be worth continuous subbing for a larger amount of players.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    For a raiding progression game, there really isn't a better choice. I'll probably jump back in for a month or two at some point to finish up the story, but my interests have shifted away from that sort of endgame.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic