Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plenty of Blade, But What About Soul? - Blade & Soul Review

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:

Mitara said:

The combat might, might... be good for mindless melee fighters, but for mindfull sorcerers that need a little more, this game is ridiculously bad.

What you call mindless I call skillful.

Skill? In an MMORPG? I suppose you are also "skilled" at brushing your teeth?

Anything that can be taught and repeated over and over and over, doesn't require skill.

That makes the list of the top ten stupidest things I've ever read on this website. WTF are you even talking about? 

"Anything that can be taught and repeated over and over...  doesn't require skill."
    Some things require teaching and constant repetition precisely because it requires skill.

You can not be serious. 
    Yeah, that was pretty bad.
    Either I am exceptionally talented at these games (I doubt it) or you are exceptionally challenged. (I doubt that too)

Maybe we just have different ideas of what skills are or what's required.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    DMKano said:

Mitara said:

The combat might, might... be good for mindless melee fighters, but for mindfull sorcerers that need a little more, this game is ridiculously bad.

Anything that can be taught and repeated over and over and over, doesn't require skill.

That makes the list of the top ten stupidest things I've ever read on this website. WTF are you even talking about? 

"Anything that can be taught and repeated over and over...  doesn't require skill."
    Some things require teaching and constant repetition precisely because it requires skill.

You can not be serious. 
    Either I am exceptionally talented at these games (I doubt it) or you are exceptionally challenged. (I doubt that too)

Do you PVP?
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:

Mitara said:

You can not be serious. 

Do you PVP?

I do get what you are saying.I just think we have different scales of what things require skills. I just don't see MMOs ranking high on that list. 

In MMORPGs skills can be compensated for with gear which can be acquired just playing more than the other guy. You don't even have to be good, just persistent. Then eventually, you will magically........"get good" because you geared up by being bad....more often.

Do you PVP?

SMH... honestly. You're posting in a forum about a game where gear is normalized.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Spot on review! Blade and Soul is a fun game with some minor drawbacks - I just hope the content release schedule keeps pace to keep me interested.
  • subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    I think the specific review is spot on, one of the most accurate reviews i have read altely in mmorpg

i agree about the PVE, beautifull story that doesnt bore u, with mediocre to bad end game grind.

I think the pvp is great aswell, but i hate the fact that stats indicate my appearence...in any game
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    When you get into things like .6's, the score can be a bit asinine, but this is pretty much spot-on.
  • HannyyHannyy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    The shallow PVE content aside, i heard the game offered good PVP content. At first i felt its actually really good PVP but down the line, i feel its just about who stuns first, to be able to spam their stunlock combos till you are dead. I didnt feel like the game offered anything new or really polished(i wasnt expecting anything from it), especially the world feels straight up soulless and cold, wheres the freaking love for detail?
    Its still enjoyable and worth a try i think but only if you can endure tremendous PVE content.

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    ? Albert Einstein

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

DMKano said:

Mitara said:

Pretty sure "Something that is taught and repeated over and over" is the exact definition of "skill"...
    edited February 2016
    As for the review, well, at least it's not 5.2! LOL...

Having a blast in this game. Spent like 8 hours in it today and it flew by.

Biggest potential problem I see is I'm certain this game is going to give me carpal tunnel syndrome.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Recore said:
    Best mmo out till Black Desert.

In your opinion yes. 6 at best for this not so MMO fighter game.

SMH... honestly. You're posting in a forum about a game where gear is normalized.
    I wish I had the drive to play this game to see how much skill this one requires. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it past the tutorial before I lost interest. Still, I think you are over rating how hard it is to be decent at PVP.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless since I won't be playing the game to find out. Therefore, it's your win. You have experience, you say it takes skill, While I doubt that, I'll never find out for myself.
    DMKano said:

Mitara said:

You can not be serious. 

Do you PVP?

I do get what you are saying.I just think we have different scales of what things require skills. I just don't see MMOs ranking high on that list. 

In MMORPGs skills can be compensated for with gear which can be acquired just playing more than the other guy. You don't even have to be good, just persistent. Then eventually, you will magically........"get good" because you geared up by being bad....more often.
    First of all, "Talent" and "Skill" are two different things.  Talent you're born with, skill you learn.  Talent plays a part in skill but you also need to learn to be truly skillful.

For example, you don't want an electrician rewiring your house who thinks he was born with the skills to be a good electrician and has never learned anything about the trade.

Secondly, gear is equalized in Arena in this game.  It's all about your skills.

Talent plays a part too- you need really good reaction time to do exceptionally well.

edited February 2016

Pretty sure "Something that is taught and repeated over and over" is the exact definition of "skill"...
    Yeah, and in 99.9% of MMOPRPGs (Not this one since it has normalized gear) I can still have bad ones and get good at PVP. 

I still remember the Vanilla WoW Rogue YouTube showing PVP with only 3 abilities mapped to the hot bar.

I actually tried to search for it to link it and apparently, there is now a one button Sub Rogue macro for Rogues.........LOL
    Yeah that's taught and repeated. 

Mad Skills.....mad skills.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:

Your 6 means nothing. There is no better metric then revenue and players.

Blade And Soul has millions of players around the world.

The game was a huge success before it even launched in the West.

Sorry but there is nothing the haters can do to this game.

If you dont like it the door is over that way.  B)

I wish I had the drive to play this game to see how much skill this one requires. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it past the tutorial before I lost interest. Still, I think you are over rating how hard it is to be decent at PVP.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless since I won't be playing the game to find out. Therefore, it's your win. You have experience, you say it takes skill, While I doubt that, I'll never find out for myself.
    It's pretty goddamn hard to be good at PVP unless you play a Summoner... then you can smash your face across the keyboard. 

It's pretty goddamn hard to be good at PVP unless you play a Summoner... then you can smash your face across the keyboard. 
    That seems true, except for the very top level of PVP.

My theory is they made summoners so easy so they can sell cat outfits lol...
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Recore said:

FYI...the game makes far less money now that it did 2 years ago when it was making NCSoft a great deal of money.

That is why it went F2P all over the world. It lost most of its player base last year and the companies earnings prove it.

So, there is nothing the what? fanboys can do to prop up this game? Whatever. The door is that way, youll be walking out it yourself in a month or 2.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

JJ82 said:
    Recore said:

FYI...the game makes far less money now that it did 2 years ago when it was making NCSoft a great deal of money.

That is why it went F2P all over the world. It lost most of its player base last year and the companies earnings prove it.

So, there is nothing the what? fanboys can do to prop up this game? Whatever. The door is that way, youll be walking out it yourself in a month or 2.

You still dont get it. 

Even if I walk away it does not matter. 

Blade And Soul is one of the top mmos in the world regardless of how the people that dont like the game feel. 

All they can do is what you are doing. Hope the game fails because they are jealous of its success.  B)

Yeah, and in 99.9% of MMOPRPGs (Not this one since it has normalized gear) I can still have bad ones and get good at PVP. 

I still remember the Vanilla WoW Rogue YouTube showing PVP with only 3 abilities mapped to the hot bar.

I actually tried to search for it to link it and apparently, there is now a one button Sub Rogue macro for Rogues.........LOL

That's one of the major appeals to this game.  You actually really need to learn a whole bunch of stuff and practice a lot to be good at PVP.  And it's never an auto-pilot type thing.  People can always try to counter what you're doing.
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Recore said:

You still dont get it. 

Blade And Soul is one of the top mmos in the world regardless of how the people that dont like the game feel. 

All they can do is what you are doing. Hope the game fails because they are jealous of its success.  B)
    You still dont get it.

It isnt one of the top MMOS in the world regardless of what you think it is. A company does not make a subscription game a F2P game in nations its doing well in and that means they hemorrhaged over 2 million paying subscribers in Korea and Japan.

I cant even recall the last F2P game that did NOT announce they topped 2 million players. What was it? Age of Conan?

And yes, the person that played the subscription based game for almost a year is...jealous. Thats right, check my post history. lol.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Recore said:
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:

Oh , I and about 21 others left as quick as we could. I m not hating sorry, it s called an opinion. Mine is it s a lousy fighter game.
    JJ82 said:
    Recore said:

You still dont get it. 

You still dont get it.

It isnt one of the top MMOS in the world regardless of what you think it is. A company does not make a subscription game a F2P game in nations its doing well in and that means they hemorrhaged over 2 million paying subscribers in Korea and Japan.

I cant even recall the last F2P game that did NOT announce they topped 2 million players. What was it? Age of Conan?

And yes, the person that played the subscription based game for almost a year is...jealous. Thats right, check my post history. lol.

Sorry but I only care about the numbers. I dont do opinions that is why I say reviews are pretty much worthless these days. Sales is all that matters now. 

The game has been NC Soft's 2nd best title and like the chart says. 

B&S recorded strong sales on the back of contents updates and in-game item promotions. 

#stageleft

That's one of the major appeals to this game.  You actually really need to learn a whole bunch of stuff and practice a lot to be good at PVP.  And it's never an auto-pilot type thing.  People can always try to counter what you're doing.
    I'll give it another shot.....I'm not hopeful, it didnt' appeal to me, but I'll try a different class. maybe something will connect
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I aint seen no fried chicken nowhere!