Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta - Playthrough with RipperX #1 - The Division

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageBeta - Playthrough with RipperX #1 - The Division

The Division takes place in mid-crisis New York, an open world with destructive environments that are free for players to explore. The player's mission is to restore order by investigating the source of a virus. Players have to team up with other Division agents as they progress. The game's core mechanics are similar to other third-person-shooters, in which player character can carry three weapons, and explosives like sticky bombs and smart mines to fight against enemies. Players may take cover

Read the full story here

Comments

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Looks really good. As usual a great review Ripper.
  • advokat666advokat666 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    lol, nice jogging simulator. this game is so unfinished, it´s unbelievable. With no pve endgame at release the only thing left will be cheater infested dark zones. I hope at least the story will be somehow decent.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

lol, nice jogging simulator. this game is so unfinished, it´s unbelievable. With no pve endgame at release the only thing left will be cheater infested dark zones. I hope at least the story will be somehow decent.

Why do you hope the story will be decent if you dont care about the game and wont play it.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376

lol, nice jogging simulator. this game is so unfinished, it´s unbelievable...

Read the comment 1st, then watched the vid. Comment is correct. Ripper your vids as I recall typically have a wee bit more action. Asked what we thought, visuals seemed good, but not enough action to really have much of an opinion.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Is it better than DayZ as a jogging simulator?
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151

How do you know there will not be a PVE end game in this game? they didnt released any info on the full games endgame, and the CB was only to test some stuff out and not even close what they will put into the full release, lets wait till the game is out and judge it then, if you dont like it then you can comment on its flaws but please give better feedback like what you didnt liked and not just i dont like the game.
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    It's always fun when people run their mouth and have no clue what they are talking about.  

http://gearnuke.com/the-division-raid-is-called-rikers-island-detailed-leaked-including-level-requirements-report/
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Wow, the fanbois are coming out early. Advokat666 commented, correctly and on point with RipperX's review. Maybe if you watched the review, you would understand the comment.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    So psyched for this game. Great video.
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224

Wylf said:

lol, nice jogging simulator. this game is so unfinished, it´s unbelievable...

Read the comment 1st, then watched the vid. Comment is correct. Ripper your vids as I recall typically have a wee bit more action. Asked what we thought, visuals seemed good, but not enough action to really have much of an opinion.

Totally Wylf, and thanks for the kind words Avalon. It's not close to a jogging simulator compared to DayZ, but yes there's running, everything is much more confined and condensed in the game world though...The beta was super limited compared to the full game, but the story is pretty damn sweet, and I'm sure there will be a lot more PvE content as well as PvP for the future.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    edited February 2016

Wylf said:

Wow, the fanbois are coming out early. Advokat666 commented, correctly and on point with RipperX's review. Maybe if you watched the review, you would understand the comment.

I'd say Advokat666's comment was way off in some respect. We all know this was more of a demo than a beta. They only released one PvE mission and stripped away most of the random encounters. He was also wrong in saying it was unfinished due to the fact no one knows how much content is in the full games as it was just a demo.

I think The Division did themselves more harm than good by releasing what I would call a Demo under the name Beta. Due to the fact of people incapable of telling the difference between a Tech Test and a Full game. If they had labeled it as a Demo than people may have understood more because that is all it was in reality, or even a Tech Test.

Anyone play Planetside 2 Tech Test ? Now that was incomplete too and so many people flamed it.

• corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151

Woopin said:

Wylf said:

I'd say Advokat666's comment was way off in some respect. We all know this was more of a demo than a beta. They only released one PvE mission and stripped away most of the random encounters. He was also wrong in saying it was unfinished due to the fact no one knows how much content is in the full games as it was just a demo.

I think The Division did themselves more harm than good by releasing what I would call a Demo under the name Beta. Due to the fact of people incapable of telling the difference between a Tech Test and a Full game. If they had labeled it as a Demo than people may have understood more because that is all it was in reality, or even a Tech Test.

Anyone play Planetside 2 Tech Test ? Now that was incomplete too and so many people flamed it.

I agree, people these days dont know what beta is and think most of the time that it is the final release, think thats also because too many games have been released with the stamp "Beta" or "Early Access" and are still in that stage even after several years like DayZ for example and that makes it harder for players to really notice a good and genuine Beta that only test portion of the game or like we see also a "Stress Test Beta" to test their hardware.
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    wow why do you people even play games if all yer gonna do is whine like bitches about every game you see

Why do you hope the story will be decent if you dont care about the game and wont play it.

You clearly need to learn to read mate. Where did i say that i won´t play it. I will play the division because i like the setting and as i wrote i hope that the story is decent, because that´s what i am interested in. But does that mean that i will get fooled by the ubisoft marketing machine, nope not gonna happen.

Woopin said:

Wylf said:

A demo, a tech test ??? Are you aware of the fact that the division releases on march 2016 ? This was a marketing beta to push preorders like any other beta close to release is these days.

You should ask yourself one question. If the division has awesome endgame content ready why don´t they show it ? At least a bit, a teaser or something ? I mean do you really believe statements from Ubisoft like "Hey the Darkzone at level 30 will be a complete different experience" ?

It´s so funny how the fanbois here are like little lambs following the butcher. Guys get your hype level down and learn to see through things.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

You clearly need to learn to read mate. Where did i say that i won´t play it. I will play the division because i like the setting and as i wrote i hope that the story is decent, because that´s what i am interested in. But does that mean that i will get fooled by the ubisoft marketing machine, nope not gonna happen.
    That makes no sense to me. Despite your first comment (jogging sim, unfinished, cheater infested), you're gonna play it? But you're not going to be fooled by the marketing machine? But still play it?

What?
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962

Woopin said:

Wylf said:

A demo, a tech test ??? Are you aware of the fact that the division releases on march 2016 ? This was a marketing beta to push preorders like any other beta close to release is these days.

You should ask yourself one question. If the division has awesome endgame content ready why don´t they show it ? At least a bit, a teaser or something ? I mean do you really believe statements from Ubisoft like "Hey the Darkzone at level 30 will be a complete different experience" ?

It´s so funny how the fanbois here are like little lambs following the butcher. Guys get your hype level down and learn to see through things.
    Says the guy/girl crying about a video game....you should really worry about yourself and not others there pal.  I already proved your first comment to be an ignorant misinformed lie yet you are still here crying about people being excited for a VIDEO GAME you are not excited for...