Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul Surpasses 2 Million !

Comments

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Was a great game till around 40ish. Then the realization sets in that you are playing a PvP only game with nothing to do outside of PvP. Crafting is terrible, No housing, No pets, No companions, Dungeons are terrible, Guilds and clans are pointless (Since 1v1 pvp is all you do), No real challenges to accomplish outside of getting gear for PvP to do more PvP, with hopes of PvP in the future.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited February 2016
    " "Fanbois" vs "Haters" isnt a chicken/egg situation.  There is no mystery who came first.  SPOILER: It's not the haters."

That's a funny line I admit, but I think it just boils down to:

If you play a game, you're more likely to emphasize its positives.

If you don't play a game, you're more likely to emphasize its flaws.

Both attitudes justify what you're doing.

In any case, I don't think anyone would say the news in the OP is bad news, which to me is enough.  MMO launches are fragile things, and this one seems to be doing fine.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    syriinx said:
    Shaigh said:
    syriinx said:
    LacedOpium said: 

FWIW, my support for this title has little to do with how much I like the game and a lot more to do with giving credit where credit is due.  Something many of the posters on this site are incapable of doing. 
    Then give credit.  Talk about what the game has done well content wise, something actually meaningful.  Acting like this over an entirely insignificant number of downloads for a F2P game is about the worst way to try to make the game you love seem impressive.  It sounds desperate.  

Give it a break partner.  The thread heading speaks for itself, and that was my only point with the thread. How meaningful should the discussion be when the topic of the thread is simply that the game has hit the 2 million mark? As has already been alluded to in this thread, I've already gone into great detail in other threads about what the game has done well content wise.  Perhaps you should revisit those if that is what you are looking for.

The only desperate folks in this thread are the ones hating instead of congratulating.  
    I don't congratulate mmorpg's for having a big first month, I congratulate them for being relevant six months after release.

Also if you wonder why people are hating on this post you were the one posting "5/10 review? Terrible? Trash?  Pfft. /validation is sweet"

Your attitude stinks and that's why people are responding here.

So repeating your fellow posters reviews and descriptions of this game means my attitude stinks?  I wasn't the one who completed those reviews or made those remarks, your fellow posters did that.  Yet I didn't see you in those threads telling those posters that their attitudes stunk when they made those assertions.  I merely repeated them, I didn't make them.  If your problem lies on that I am feeling a bit of vindication after the past debates we all have had on this matter, then thats on you, not me.  Your not liking the results doesn't mean my attitude stinks, it just means you don't like the results.  I am sure that there are many posters who are thrilled about the fact that BnS has gone over the 2 million mark.  You just don't happen to be one of them.

Let's keep things in perspective.  Again, don't hate, congratulate the mile-mark achievement.
    If it were p2p or b2p 2M might be a big deal.  But one of the biggest publishers in the genre getting 2M signups for a F2P game is nothing worth congratulating.

When you make an "in your face haters" post, as this clearly is by the /validation in the OP, you should make sure it is something thats actually impressive next time.

For better results, if you truly want to sell the game to the others, lose the attitude entirely.  "Fanbois" vs "Haters" isnt a chicken/egg situation.  There is no mystery who came first.  SPOILER: It's not the haters.

That's your point of view.  The reality, however, escapes you.  A better approach to my OP would have been to respond to the topic at hand, which is BnS reaching the 2 million mark, and not make it about me.  It's only an "in your face hater" post, if you put yourself in that category. The information in my OP is factual.  Posters actually started threads on those topics in this forum, and their rant against BnS was much worse than anything I've said in my OP.  Yet where were you and your forum buddies when those threads where created accusing those posters of having an attitude?  

Here's a better spoiler for you that's a bit closer to reality.  Had the responses focused on the topic at hand, instead of me, there would have been no "attitude" from me in this thread.  We know what came first, and that was a positive thread about BnS that the anti-BnS group hated to see so instead of congratulating the mile-stone they lashed out at the creator of the thread.  Respect begets respect.

BTW, next time I'll make sure to contact you and make certain that the topic will be "impressive" to you before posting.  Or maybe you can just try ignoring threads you don't like or that don't agree with, and be done with it.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Everyone could learn a bit from this. B&S is terrible in almost every way except the combat. That's how important combat is so listen up future devs. Still don't believe me? Try playing Project Gorgon.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited February 2016
    “NCSOFT has confirmed that Blade & Soul has now surpassed 2 million players in the US and Europe, only three weeks since its official launch.”

"The game has doubled its usership in the past two weeks, when the publisher announced 1 million downloads in the United States and Europe."

http://www.killping.com/blog/blade-and-soul-surpassed-2million-users/

5/10 review? Terrible? Trash?  Pfft.

/validation is sweet

Your validating that people like free stuff.  I already knew that.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2016
    That's your point of view.  The reality, however, escapes you.  A better approach to my OP would have been to respond to the topic at hand, which is BnS reaching the 2 million mark, and not make it about me.  It's only an "in your face hater" post, if you put yourself in that category. The information in my OP is factual.  Posters actually started threads on those topics in this forum, and their rant against BnS was much worse than anything I've said in my OP.  Yet where were you and your forum buddies when those threads where created accusing those posters of having an attitude?  

Here's a better spoiler for you that's a bit closer to reality.  Had the responses focused on the topic at hand, instead of me, there would have been no "attitude" from me in this thread.  We know what came first, and that was a positive thread about BnS that the anti-BnS group hated to see so instead of congratulating the mile-stone they lashed out at the creator of the thread.  Respect begets respect.

BTW, next time I'll make sure to contact you and make certain that the topic will be "impressive" to you before posting.  Or maybe you can just try ignoring threads you don't like or that don't agree with you, and be done with it.
    Quite honestly (and this is supported from your forum post history)...  You've had a bug up your rear for defending this game since Steven Messner's PC Gamer review.  You even argued semantics with Steven to attempt to undermine his subjective review.

It hasn't been people hating at you, you've just been choosing to white-knight the game, frankly.  You can always expect folks to disagree when you take that kind of position.

I haven't played it, so I cannot even speak from an analytical point on whether or not it's been worth your defense.  However, threads like these containing your antagonistic view towards anyone who disagrees with you is very obviously white-knighting.

edited February 2016

BTW, next time I'll make sure to contact you and make certain that the topic will be "impressive" to you before posting.  Or maybe you can just try ignoring threads you don't like or that don't agree with you, and be done with it.
    Quite honestly (and this is supported from your forum post history)...  You've had a bug up your rear for defending this game since Steven Messner's PC Gamer review.  You even argued semantics with Steven to attempt to undermine his subjective review.

It hasn't been people hating at you, you've just been choosing to white-knight the game, frankly.  You can always expect folks to disagree when you take that kind of position.

I haven't played it, so I cannot even speak from an analytical point on whether or not it's been worth your defense.  However, threads like these containing your antagonistic view towards anyone who disagrees with you is very obviously white-knighting.

This is a gaming forum.  People have been coming to this forum to discuss games as well as support and criticize them since the website was established.  That is what people do on gaming forums.  My decision to "white-knight" a game is a personal choice.  I make no apologies for it.  I will respect your choice to support the games that you want to support, as long as you allow me to do the same.  Just to be clear, I never said people were hating on me.  Those are your words.  I don't see it that way at all. I do, however, find it interesting how you are only able to see the antagonizing in my posts, and not on the posts of those addressing me directly.

I had a difference of opinion regarding Steven Messner's PC gamer review and I voiced it in a respectable manner.  If you weren't so biased in your opinion you would realize that the arguing of semantics could be just as easily accredited to Steven Messner's posts, as it is to mine.  We were discussing differing points of view. Unless of course you agreed with him and are of the opinion that his word is gospel and should never be disputed, in which case what I did could easily be construed as "undermining."  

All of my posts have been in response to someone addressing me personally.  Again, you can chose to make me the topic of conversation, or you can make BnS reaching the 2 million mark the topic of discussion. 

Your choice. 
    Post edited by LacedOpium on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    " "Fanbois" vs "Haters" isnt a chicken/egg situation.  There is no mystery who came first.  SPOILER: It's not the haters."

That's a funny line I admit, but I think it just boils down to:

If you play a game, you're more likely to emphasize its positives.

If you don't play a game, you're more likely to emphasize its flaws.

Both attitudes justify what you're doing.

In any case, I don't think anyone would say the news in the OP is bad news, which to me is enough.  MMO launches are fragile things, and this one seems to be doing fine.

I agree the news isn't bad news, its just expected news.

But there is a difference between emphasizing a game's positives and being a fanboi.

For instance, the OP posted in a thread about Rift trying to make it about Blade and Soul, going as far to try to spin a hugely negative thing that Trion did into a positive so he could try to insinuate it was because of Blade and Soul's release.  that is the type of behavior that creates 'haters'.

Of course haters often end up just as bad, if not worse, jumping in every thread about a game just to bash it.

Note that I haven't bashed the game at all in here.  I haven't actually played it yet to have an opinion one way or the other
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    The real question is, how many of those 2mil logged in this week?
    Don't forget how many are bots is a other question too.

This is a gaming forum.  People have been coming to this forum to discuss games as well as support and criticize them since the website was established.  That is what people do on gaming forums.  My decision to "white-knight" a game is a personal choice.  I make no apologies for it.  I will respect your choice to support the games that you want to support, as long as you allow me to do the same.  Just to be clear, I never said people were hating on me.  Those are your words.  I don't see it that way at all. I do, however, find it interesting how you are only able to see the antagonizing in my posts, and not on the posts of those addressing me directly.

I had a difference of opinion regarding Steven Messner's PC gamer review and I voiced it in a respectable manner.  If you weren't so biased in your opinion you would realize that the arguing of semantics could be just as easily accredited to Steven Messner's posts, as it is to mine.  We were discussing differing points of view. Unless of course you agreed with him and are of the opinion that his word is gospel and should never be disputed, in which case what I did could easily be construed as "undermining."  

All of my posts have been in response to someone addressing me personally.  Again, you can chose to make me the topic of conversation, or you can make BnS reaching the 2 million mark the topic of discussion. 

Your choice. 
    I don't blame you for pointing out what you like about a game.  We all have preferences.  Check my posts on the Division threads here.

The difference is the antagonistic attitude you've taken against posters who disagree.  The type of antagonistic view that leads to comments like "/validation is sweet".  That's what creates the label of white-knight or fanboi.

I admitted in my original post that I don't know enough about the game to know whether it's worth defending.  But that wasn't my point.  It was the manner in which you defended (such as arguing with a PC Gamer reviewer over opinions on windstriding) the game that made you a target for such labels.

• CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Sanisar said:
    LOL, that doesn't validate anything.  I downloaded the game and played it for a grand total of less than 20 minutes.  I still count as a downloader.  Any F2P title with a modicum of hype behind it can hit those kind of download numbers.

Same here, was wondering why this game is relatively speaking successful in Asia. I have no idea why they love this cra_ so much! Guess the demographic has to be pre/teen ... it´s terrible in every way possible.

- visuals
    - sounds
    - animations
    - character models
    - content
    - boring mechanics

- TerA is infinitely the superior product (more pleasing to the eye, better gameplay, played by a lot of ppl, not my game once you hit level 40+ .. but the World was gorgeous at times).

Black Desert may lack end game content, but at least the adventure til level cap is more enjoyable than this. Visually alone ... it´s a gamebreaker.
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    The subscription version of the game was great, this F2P version however is designed in a way that will drive the vast majority of players away. The way they chose to monetize changed too many aspects of the game in a way that doesn't work in the west, it is more of an Asian design for Asian audiences. Go on, compare it to other F2P games that have done well in the west like Neverwinter, EQ2, LoTRo, Rift...this one has more of a Dragons Prophet feel and this style just plain doesn't monetize well.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    My son loves the combat in the game and enjoying the dungeons a lot.
    Chamber of Chains
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited February 2016
    number of players for f2p is borderline irrelevant, give us concurrent user count, or just a little bit of math and economics applied to ncsoft b&s earning between this and next quarter and voila, we can extrapolate some crude player numbers comparing the launch quarter in NA+EU to numbers from korea for the past 3 years :)

Yay for mathematics ! and the miracle of publicly-traded companies !
    edited February 2016

Your choice. 
    I don't blame you for pointing out what you like about a game.  We all have preferences.  Check my posts on the Division threads here.

The difference is the antagonistic attitude you've taken against posters who disagree.  The type of antagonistic view that leads to comments like "/validation is sweet".  That's what creates the label of white-knight or fanboi.

I admitted in my original post that I don't know enough about the game to know whether it's worth defending.  But that wasn't my point.  It was the manner in which you defended (such as arguing with a PC Gamer reviewer over opinions on windstriding) the game that made you a target for such labels.

We have been debating the "worthiness" of BnS on this forum since its release.  During those discussions much has been said by supporters and detractors of the game including the assertions of the game's imminent success or failure.  My PoV has always been that the game will succeed and I have indicated my reasons why I believe it will.  Others have asserted that the game will fail describing it as "terrible" and "trash," among many other equally colorful words.  Many have indicated that they will tag and necro threads in an effort to prove me wrong in the future.  I often responded in kind.  Had bad new been released regarding BnS, you can best believe that information would have been paraded around in this forum to many a BnS hater delight.  Much to the dismay of many, good news was released.  So guess what?

Validation is mine.  

It may be a small vindication given the grander scheme but judging by the responses in this thread, it packed quite a punch.  I will continue to revel in any good news about BnS, just as I know BnS detractors will continue to revel in bad news about BnS.  Why? Because that is what people do on gaming forums and it was the agreement made between myself and many posters on this forum during those heated forum debates. There is no need to take it personal.

Regarding the Steve Messmer review, again, only those with a biased PoV see that as an "argument."  I disagreed with his review in a very respectable manner and he even commended me for my demeanor during our disagreement.  Based on your biased PoV, you obviously did not like the results of the discussion, but they were a factual rebuttal to his descriptions of the windstriding mechanic in BnS.  

Finally, the terms "white-knight" and "fanboi" are childish derogatory terms thrown around by equally fervent opponents who just happen to be on opposite ends of that spectrum.  Today I am "white-knighting" BnS, tomorrow it will be a different game.  Big whoop!  On the opposite end of that spectrum, however, lie the "haters."  I would rather be a "white-knight' or a "fanboi" of game, as opposed to a "hater," seven days out of the week and twice on Sunday.  

Post edited by LacedOpium on

We have been debating the "worthiness" of BnS on this forum since its release.  During those discussions much has been said by supporters and detractors of the game including the assertions of the game's imminent success or failure.  My PoV has always been that the game will succeed and I have indicated my reasons why I believe it will.  Others have asserted that the game will fail describing it as "terrible" and "trash," among many other equally colorful words.  Many have indicated that they will tag and necro threads in an effort to prove me wrong in the future.  I often responded in kind.  Had bad new been released regarding BnS, you can best believe that information would have been paraded around in this forum to many a BnS hater delight.  Much to the dismay of many, good news was released.  So guess what?

Validation is mine.  

It may be a small vindication given the grander scheme but judging by the responses in this thread, it packed quite a punch.  I will continue to revel in any good news about BnS, just as I know BnS detractors will continue to revel in bad news about BnS.  Why? Because that is what people do on gaming forums and it was the agreement made between myself and many posters on this forum during those heated forum debates. There is no need to take it personal.

Regarding the Steve Messmer review, again, only those with a biased PoV see that as an "argument."  I disagreed with his review in a very respectable manner and he even commended me for my demeanor during our disagreement.  Based on your biased PoV, you obviously did not like the results of the discussion, but they were a factual rebuttal to his descriptions of the windstriding mechanic in BnS.  

Finally, the terms "white-knight" and "fanboi" are childish derogatory terms thrown around by equally fervent opponents who just happen to be on opposite ends of that spectrum.  Today I am "white-knighting" BnS, tomorrow it will be a different game.  Big whoop!  On the opposite end of that spectrum, however, lie the "haters."  I would rather be a "white-knight' or a "fanboi" of game, as opposed to a "hater," seven days out of the week and twice on Sunday.  

I've debated nothing in regards to BnS.

I've debated nothing but how using a different attitude might avoid other posters responding directly to you and, instead, turn their responses towards the game's merits (which you seemingly indicate you'd like for folks to do in previous posts).

You don't have to take my point of view into consideration, but then I wouldn't expect posters to stop calling into question how realistic your bias is for the game.

You seem to think I have some sort of biased view of anything regarding BnS; I don't have an opinion on BnS.  You're also implying that arguments are negative; I don't see it that way.  Arguments are necessary for the effective exchange of ideas and, in many cases, a healthy way to evaluate ideas.  However, the portion I saw between you and Messner seemed to indicate that he was saying you were entitled to your opinion just as he was; you were telling him his opinion was wrong.  That's where my impression of your bias towards this game has come from.

Either way, it's the abrasive way in which you display your opinions that have, in largest part, garnered the negative responses you refer to as "hate."

edited February 2016

Validation is mine.  

I've debated nothing in regards to BnS.

I've debated nothing but how using a different attitude might avoid other posters responding directly to you and, instead, turn their responses towards the game's merits (which you seemingly indicate you'd like for folks to do in previous posts).

You don't have to take my point of view into consideration, but then I wouldn't expect posters to stop calling into question how realistic your bias is for the game.

You seem to think I have some sort of biased view of anything regarding BnS; I don't have an opinion on BnS.  You're also implying that arguments are negative; I don't see it that way.  Arguments are necessary for the effective exchange of ideas and, in many cases, a healthy way to evaluate ideas.  However, the portion I saw between you and Messner seemed to indicate that he was saying you were entitled to your opinion just as he was; you were telling him his opinion was wrong.  That's where my impression of your bias towards this game has come from.

Either way, it's the abrasive way in which you display your opinions that have, in largest part, garnered the negative responses you refer to as "hate."

I'm not implying anything about you.  If what you are expecting is an apology of some sort, it won't be forthcoming.  I've said what I meant, and I've meant what I said.  Can't make it any clearer than I already have.  My advice to you is to find a way to somehow get over it.  
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Obviously the gaming public has grown massively if a game like BnS gets 2M downloads in 2 weeks, lol

But then again, almost any F2P game launching during this MMO drought would get the same results...

I'm not implying anything about you.  If what you are expecting is an apology of some sort, it won't be forthcoming.  I've said what I meant, and I've meant what I said.  Can't make it any clearer than I already have.  My advice to you is to find a way to somehow get over it.  
    I'm not expecting an apology of any kind, nor did I ever ask for one.  And I don't have anything to get over.  I'm not at all sure what you're referring to here.

But, case in point: the very antagonistic attitude I was referencing earlier.  It seems, from this post, you absolutely meant to be antagonistic.  So I have no interest in offering any further insight into why you might be receiving the kind of responses you'be been getting in regards to your BnS posts.

edited February 2016

I'm not expecting an apology of any kind, nor did I ever ask for one.  And I don't have anything to get over.  I'm not at all sure what you're referring to here.

But, case in point: the very antagonistic attitude I was referencing earlier.  It seems, from this post, you absolutely meant to be antagonistic.  So I have no interest in offering any further insight into why you might be receiving the kind of responses you'be been getting in regards to your BnS posts.

I am going to try and be as kind as possible with this response so as not to offend any sensibilities.  Had I asked for your insight as to why I am receiving these responses then their offering would have been appreciated.  But since I didn't ask, nor need it, it frankly baffles me that you are going through such lengths to press it upon me.  In other words, I was fully cognizant that heated responses would be tossed in my direction when I created this thread and, as such, I was fully prepared for them and I don't mind them.  At all. 

Unlike many posters on this forum, I have a pretty thick skin.  Those that know of me know that I can take it, as well as dish it out.  I have not complained about, flagged, threatened to report, cried etc., about any of the responses in this thread.  It's a gaming forum.  I don't know, maybe this is just not as serious to me as it is to you and others.  I understand topics tend to get heated every once in a while and I am good with it.  I have had my share of disagreements in my few years of posting in this forum.  

I appreciate your concern but if you really want to help me out you would get to the business of focusing your attention on the topic at hand, which is BnS reaching the 2 million hit mark, and stop worrying about how people are responding to me.  That is my concern.  I can handle it.  Thank you in advance for your consideration.

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Why do these ppl even feel the need to go to a board of a game they don't like and bash someone who posts a positive news about a game there ?

I appreciate your concern but if you really want to help me out you would get to the business of focusing your attention on the topic at hand, which is BnS reaching the 2 million hit mark, and stop worrying about how people are responding to me.  That is my concern.  I can handle it.  Thank you in advance for your consideration.

My first post in this topic was concerning the topic at hand, actually.  Check back a couple pages: I wondered if the publisher of BnS attempted to adjust for bot accounts when advertising this milestone.  Obviously, from all the talk I've seen about constant new gold spamming accounts, if we cannot confirm they adjusted for those accounts..  This milestone is moot.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Blade And Soul is the #1 Themepark and Black Desert will be the #1 Sandbox. 

I have been saying for years that better mmos are coming.  =)
  • terra1232323terra1232323 Member CommonPosts: 4
    BnS weill be fine it has it's Arena niche and the combat is very solid.
    Im not sure about BDO while it will have it's niche it will probably be very small.