Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul Surpasses 2 Million !

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited February 2016
    Rictis said:
    Combined with the revenue report, it seems like the game is doing well.  Certainly well enough to continue for a long time, which is cool because I'm getting really into this game.  New update is cool and I'm enjoying the game/getting better at my class more and more each day.
    I agree with you to an extent. I am more worried about what I hear about the level 45 wall from some other gamers. I am also a little annoyed at the 2 character limitation for the entire game. I wish there was a way to test our your class in an enclosed environment. You don't really start to see your class bloom until 20+
    Game just starts to open up at 45.  You have access to all your skills so you can pvp on an equal playing field and there's like a metric-ton of daily stuff to do- dailies, blackwyrm world boss, dungeons and now mushin's tower.  World pvp is a possibility although people aren't doing it currently- I read that future content has some world-pvp focused stuff, which is cool.

As for the limitations- a lot of people are complaining about stuff like that, but to me it's not bad at all.  I'd much rather be limited in characters (especially when you can just make free accounts for more if you really want to) or bag space or whatever, compared to something like SWTOR where really important features are behind a sub-wall or RIFT where equipment slots are behind a pay wall.

It's not the best f2p model I've seen but it's far from the worse, as well.  I'm having tons of fun and have paid nothing.  I may down the line, though, because I'm finding the game fun enough to be worth doing that.  That to me is a good f2p model- you have fun and don't mind paying, rather than strongarming you to pay before you can have fun.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    edited February 2016
    I don't mind the f2p model either. I guess its just a pet peeve of mine to be limited to 7 slots for all servers. Right now I am running a Sin and trying out a summoner although not having nearly as much fun with it. I may re roll him into a new class when they come out. Looking forward to trying out the Warlock.
    Post edited by Rictis on
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    mikuniman said:
    Good news I say! Funny how so many fellow mmo gamers just hate to see an mmo title do well and go on to predict it's demise. You think anything positive would be decent news. Misery loves company.
    I think it is a lot more so an inherent hatred of fanboyism.  When people go out of their way to cover up any criticism of a game, they are hurting not only their own game, but the whole damn point of this website (to talk about MMOs).  The biggest fans of the game are frequently the ones that are also first to post good news, which I think is where a lot of the negativity around things like this come from.  When someone goes from trying to invalidate negative reviews one day to trumpeting good news about the playerbase the next, it looks more like pushing an agenda rather than actually wanting to discuss or inform.

My theory about that out of the way, you are absolutely right that any MMO doing well is good news for the genre as a whole.  The MMO player base getting sucked up by MOBAs and other games makes it appear that interest is declining, when it is actually just quality of games declining.  This helps show any potential publishers that interest is huge.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Once this game offers some better open World PvP I'll play it.  I like a lot about it, but for me it's way too instanced.  I don't know if I can run the same few instance multiple times a day.  At least with OW PvP it's always dynamic.
  • noja87noja87 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2016
    I was very excited for this game. It started good, got better the more I played it but  the moment I reached the desert it started going downhill. The maps got bigger and the traveling method is terrible because of the stamina bar. But my biggest complain are the dungeons. I downloaded an MMO to play with friends but a lot of them are solo only. So I go and make a party, everyone goes through the portal and have to wait for each other to finish. That is no fun. I got to level 45 and the only thing left to do were dailies to make gold and upgrade my weapon which is extremely expensive. Mushin Tower update hit and it turns out its also solo content. Thats when I deleted the game. Loved the combat and arena PVP though but I dont want to be forced to go through this bland PVE content to level up, get skills for PVP. 
  • shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    sipu said:
    ... where 70%  are bot accounts (gold sellers).
    qft
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    The real question is, how many of those 2mil logged in this week?
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Never has a number seemed so irrelevant.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    LacedOpium said: 

FWIW, my support for this title has little to do with how much I like the game and a lot more to do with giving credit where credit is due.  Something many of the posters on this site are incapable of doing. 
    Then give credit.  Talk about what the game has done well content wise, something actually meaningful.  Acting like this over an entirely insignificant number of downloads for a F2P game is about the worst way to try to make the game you love seem impressive.  It sounds desperate.  
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    Shaigh said:
    syriinx said:
    LacedOpium said: 

FWIW, my support for this title has little to do with how much I like the game and a lot more to do with giving credit where credit is due.  Something many of the posters on this site are incapable of doing. 
    Then give credit.  Talk about what the game has done well content wise, something actually meaningful.  Acting like this over an entirely insignificant number of downloads for a F2P game is about the worst way to try to make the game you love seem impressive.  It sounds desperate.  

Give it a break partner.  The thread heading speaks for itself, and that was my only point with the thread. How meaningful should the discussion be when the topic of the thread is simply that the game has hit the 2 million mark? As has already been alluded to in this thread, I've already gone into great detail in other threads about what the game has done well content wise.  Perhaps you should revisit those if that is what you are looking for.

The only desperate folks in this thread are the ones hating instead of congratulating.  
    I don't congratulate mmorpg's for having a big first month, I congratulate them for being relevant six months after release.

Also if you wonder why people are hating on this post you were the one posting "5/10 review? Terrible? Trash?  Pfft. /validation is sweet"

Your attitude stinks and that's why people are responding here.

So repeating your fellow posters reviews and descriptions of this game means my attitude stinks?  I wasn't the one who completed those reviews or made those remarks, your fellow posters did that.  Yet I didn't see you in those threads telling those posters that their attitudes stunk when they made those assertions.  I merely repeated them, I didn't make them.  If your problem lies on that I am feeling a bit of vindication after the past debates we all have had on this matter, then thats on you, not me.  Your not liking the results doesn't mean my attitude stinks, it just means you don't like the results.  I am sure that there are many posters who are thrilled about the fact that BnS has gone over the 2 million mark.  You just don't happen to be one of them.

Let's keep things in perspective.  Again, don't hate, congratulate the mile-mark achievement.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Shaigh said:
    syriinx said:
    LacedOpium said: 

Give it a break partner.  The thread heading speaks for itself, and that was my only point with the thread. How meaningful should the discussion be when the topic of the thread is simply that the game has hit the 2 million mark? As has already been alluded to in this thread, I've already gone into great detail in other threads about what the game has done well content wise.  Perhaps you should revisit those if that is what you are looking for.

The only desperate folks in this thread are the ones hating instead of congratulating.  
    I don't congratulate mmorpg's for having a big first month, I congratulate them for being relevant six months after release.

Also if you wonder why people are hating on this post you were the one posting "5/10 review? Terrible? Trash?  Pfft. /validation is sweet"

So repeating your fellow posters reviews and descriptions of this game means my attitude stinks?  I wasn't the one who completed those reviews or made those remarks, your fellow posters did that.  Yet I didn't see you in those threads telling those posters that their attitudes stunk when they made those assertions.  I merely repeated them, I didn't make them.  If your problem lies on that I am feeling a bit of vindication after the past debates we all have had on this matter, then thats on you, not me.  Your not liking the results doesn't mean my attitude stinks, it just means you don't like the results.  I am sure that there are many posters who are thrilled about the fact that BnS has gone over the 2 million mark.  You just don't happen to be one of them.

Let's keep things in perspective.  Again, don't hate, congratulate the mile-mark achievement.
    I think all the mod edits and post deletions in this thread speaks for itself.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

edited February 2016
    syriinx said:
    LacedOpium said: 

The title of the thread says it all.  I am giving the game credit for hitting the 2 million mark. That was my only point with this thread.  I have talked about what the game has done well content wise in other threads.  You can revisit those if that is the type of discussion you seek.  Desperation in this thread is more accurately reflected in the posting of negative posts instead of congratulating a positive achievement. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Good on you !

edited February 2016
    laserit said:
    Shaigh said:
    syriinx said:
    LacedOpium said: 

mhm ... well they respond to flag reports and given the hurts feelings in this thread that is expected.  I doubt it would be the case if posters would keep the thread positive by congratulating the achievement instead of reacting negatively to it.  

Let's leave it at that.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited February 2016
    I see it as one of my guilty pleasures, and that's good enough.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    The game's strong point is the combat. Which makes me ask why some other mmo's haven't got near this level of combat quality, considering BnS is actually several years old.

Story is drivel, questing ditto. PvP is what it's all about.

I just wonder how long it will retain players when the next shiny action game comes out.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited February 2016
    Aori said:
    JudgeUK said:
    The game's strong point is the combat. Which makes me ask why some other mmo's haven't got near this level of combat quality, considering BnS is actually several years old.

Story is drivel, questing ditto. PvP is what it's all about.

I just wonder how long it will retain players when the next shiny action game comes out.
    I'm personally enjoying the story and can't wait for further acts. It is one of the better stories in gaming and one of the best in an MMO. 

We'll find out March 3rd. Honestly I see myself playing both. BnS more casual, BDO more hardcore.
    Definitely not one of the best in gaming. Absolutely one of the best MMO stories, however. The Secret World definitely wins there, but Blade and Soul at least has a discernible central narrative, which is more than you can say for 90% of MMOs. It's not exactly Pulitzer prize material, but it's delightful in its own cheesy, over-the-top way.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    laserit said:
    Shaigh said:
    syriinx said:
    LacedOpium said: 

mhm ... well they respond to flag reports and given the hurts feelings in this thread that is expected.  I doubt it would be the case if posters would keep the thread positive by congratulating the achievement instead of reacting negatively to it.  

Let's leave it at that.

lol apparently you couldn't

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited February 2016
    Baitness said:
    mikuniman said:
    Good news I say! Funny how so many fellow mmo gamers just hate to see an mmo title do well and go on to predict it's demise. You think anything positive would be decent news. Misery loves company.
    I think it is a lot more so an inherent hatred of fanboyism.  When people go out of their way to cover up any criticism of a game, they are hurting not only their own game, but the whole damn point of this website (to talk about MMOs).  The biggest fans of the game are frequently the ones that are also first to post good news, which I think is where a lot of the negativity around things like this come from.  When someone goes from trying to invalidate negative reviews one day to trumpeting good news about the playerbase the next, it looks more like pushing an agenda rather than actually wanting to discuss or inform.

My theory about that out of the way, you are absolutely right that any MMO doing well is good news for the genre as a whole.  The MMO player base getting sucked up by MOBAs and other games makes it appear that interest is declining, when it is actually just quality of games declining.  This helps show any potential publishers that interest is huge.
    Just a quick search on this site of that overused word "fail" with over 1000 hits just shows how people revel in negativity as oppose to objectivity. It might be frustrating not to find an mmo you like, doesn't mean another isn't enjoying a slew of them. If someone posts about an mmo they enjoy it's understandable that it comes with some fluff. I see nothing wrong with that, being part of that genre we're all suppose to be fans of it.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    OP this website does not prefer asian games, or F2P..The perfect game as designed by MMORPG.com forum users would be this:

-It doesn't have to have good graphics, artwork, character creator
    -It should be subscription and B2P with no F2P. No price is too high if the game is "good".
    -Minimal Cash shop if any at all.
    -It doesn't have to have a healthy community base, it could have 100 people playing and that would be fine.
    -Doesn't need PvP, and if there is PvP it is 100% consensual, certainly doesn't need to be competitive or complex though. It can be swinging swords until one dies first.
    -Medieval Fantasy or Sci-Fi, nothing in between.
    -No Sexy outfits
    -Armor designs must be approved by scientists to determine if they are able to protect the character and if the character would be able to comfortably move and attack wearing said armor.
    -Questing is OK so long as it takes a team of 1000 people and 100 mil to produce. Definitely no "!" or "?"
    -Exploration x 1000: If there isn't exploration based PvE the game sucks, end of story.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Haters keep hating!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Rictis said:
    This is the only F2P in recent history that I have logged back into week over week since launch. While I am glad to see high numbers, they are over inflated due to the ridiculous amount of bots. 

Anyone know when the new classes are going to hit NA/EU ?

I'd be interested to see numbers on how many of those 2 million downloads are bots.  Maybe they did try to adjust for them to give an accurate number of actual gamers checking the game out.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Many mmos drop more than half the numbers a month after release or more though a large chunk are probably just gold farmers as well.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    My wife and I and 20 other guildies from other games have all left. We found it pretty lousy actually. Don t believe that 2 million are playing this game at all, or accounts created and none are bots. Hell I would venture to guess most are bots.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Shaigh said:
    syriinx said:
    LacedOpium said: 

If it were p2p or b2p 2M might be a big deal.  But one of the biggest publishers in the genre getting 2M signups for a F2P game is nothing worth congratulating.

When you make an "in your face haters" post, as this clearly is by the /validation in the OP, you should make sure it is something thats actually impressive next time.

For better results, if you truly want to sell the game to the others, lose the attitude entirely.  "Fanbois" vs "Haters" isnt a chicken/egg situation.  There is no mystery who came first.  SPOILER: It's not the haters.