Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What goes into a 1v1 match

holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
edited February 2016 in Blade & Soul
I found a pretty good video that shows a lot of what goes into a 1v1 match with good commentary explaining what's going on (specifically Asssassin vs. Destroyer).  Check it out if you're playing Assassin or just want to learn a bit about the PVP combat.

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Sins are the bane of my existence. 
  • i4tezi4tez Member CommonPosts: 4
    yea they are haha im in the same boat @simsalabim77 ;
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Just shows you how much skill is in Blade And Soul's combat. 

No other combat comes close. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    So many mechanics and reading other people. It's like poker, that involves quick reflexes and knowing the other person's class (hand) as well as your own.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    As an assassin this was helpful, I am aware of our full combo, but's tough to pull off.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    JDis25 said:
    As an assassin this was helpful, I am aware of our full combo, but's tough to pull off.

Any major assassin changes with the update?  Some of my Force Master skills got nerfed.  

Full Ice build Force Master is how I play. 
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    JDis25 said:
    So many mechanics and reading other people. It's like poker, that involves quick reflexes and knowing the other person's class (hand) as well as your own.
    True. Hugely beneficial to know the enemy better than they know themselves. 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Recore said:
    JDis25 said:

Any major assassin changes with the update?  Some of my Force Master skills got nerfed.  

No, and I don't think we change much at 50 either.  Assassins are pretty much going to be the same as they are now.

Force Masters get buffed at 50 I hear though.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Recore said:
    JDis25 said:

The only change sins got was the addition of HM skill for Shadow Slash (3). I don't play a Sin, so I'm not sure how the extra skill points will change builds. I don't imagine much will change. Shadow Slash is not really a PVP ability or part of the combo. Few more points to pad out their build.

FM actually got huge buffs this patch. Tier 2 stage 1 Frost Palm with Frost Fury trained makes up for the lost damage. Also, as a class, FM and BM were both struggling with the lack of skill points, and this patch has really helped out.

Force Master
    • Hongmoon Skill
      • Force Masters now have access to Inferno (X) Tier 5.

• Burning Soul
      • Placing a skill point in Burning Soul enhances the damage and/or effects of Blazing Palm (LMB), Dragonblaze (F), Fire Fury (F), Blazing Wall (V) and Meteor (V).

• Frozen Soul
      • Placing a skill point in Frozen Soul enhances the damage and/or effects of Frost Palm (RMB), Dragonfrost (F), Frost Fury (F), Cold Snap (Z), Snowball (X), and Frost Tornado (X).

• Blazing Palm (LMB)
      • Blazing Palm (Tier 3 Stage 1) now generates one Fire Orbit upon landing a successful critical hit.
      • Blazing Palm (Tier 4 Stage 2) has been moved to Tier 3 Stage 2.

• Frost Palm (RMB)
      • Now only costs 1 Focus, but overall damage decreased.
      • Frost Palm (Tier 2 Stage 1) now deals increased Cold damage instead of reducing Focus cost.
      • Frost Palm (Tier 3 Stage 1) has been removed.

• Fire Fury (F)
      • Now deals damage over 3 uses. Overall damage increased.

• Frost Fury (F)
      • Now deals damage over 3 uses. Overall damage increased.

• Dragonblaze (F)
      • Overall damage increased and now has higher cast priority than Fire Fury (F) and Frost Fury (F).
      • Now reduces the cooldown of Blazing Wall and Meteor Shower (V) by 3 seconds if you have trained Burning Soul.

• Dragonfrost (F)
      • Overall damage increased and now has higher cast priority than Fire Fury (F) and Frost Fury (F).
      • Now reduces the cooldown of Snowball and Frost Tornado by 3 seconds if you have trained Frozen Soul.
      • Dragonfrost now pierces Parry.

• Dual Dragons (F)
      • Dual Dragons can now be cast instantly and while moving.
      • Dual Dragons now pierces Parry, has a cooldown of 18 seconds, and has an area of effect of 16m, up from 12m.
      • Dual Dragons now has a higher cast priority than Dragonblaze and Dragonfrost.
      • Dual Dragons (Tier 3 Stage 1) now deals reduced damage.
      • Dual Dragons (Stage 2) has been removed.

• Heatwave (Tab)
      • Heatwave (Stage 3) now applies Knock Down status twice.
      • Heatwave (Stage 4) has been added.

• Force Blast (1)
      • Force Blast (Stage 4) now deals increased damage.

• Cold Snap (Z)
      • Cold Snap (Stage 3) now grants Ice Rain (2) maximum casting speed.

• Snowball (X)
      • Snowball (Tier 3 Stage 1, Tier 4 Stage 1, Tier 5 Stage 1) now has a cooldown of 36 seconds.
      • Frost Tornado (Tier 3 Stage 3) now generates a Frost Orb.

• Inferno (X)
      • Inferno (Base and Stage 1) now has a cooldown of 45 seconds.
      • Inferno (Tier 1 Stage 1) now increases Ranged Attack Speed.
      • Inferno (Tier 2 Stage 1) now deals increased damage.
      • Inferno (Tier 5 Stage 1) now deals increased damage and now can be cast with no Focus cost upon a successful hit.

• Short Fuse ©
      • Short Fuse now pierces Parry.
      • Short Fuse (Tier 2 Stage 1) now inflicts Burn for 10 seconds.
      • Short Fuse (Tier 2 Stage 2) now inflicts Burn for 5 seconds.
      • Short Fuse (Tier 2 Stage 1 and Tier 2 Stage 2) now applies 1 stack of Bleed.
      • Short Fuse (Tier 3 Stage 1 and Tier 3 Stage 2) now deals increased damage.

• Divine Veil ©
      • Divine Veil (Stage 1) now recovers increased HP.

• Meteor Shower (V)
      • Meteor Shower (Stage 2) now deals additional damage to targets inflicted with Burn.

• Frost Sheathe (V)
      • Frost Sheathe (V) now places the player and party members in Frost Prison for 5 seconds, up from 3 seconds.