Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feb. Open beta [Updated with link to patch notes]

ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
edited February 2016 in The Division
Just wanted to squelch a rumor. What happened was that the Italian Xbox had a Division open beta slated for Feb. 17-21. But Ubi has not officially confirmed this. They haven't denied it either, so it could happen, but we don't know yet.

Post edited by Scottgun on

Comments

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    edited February 2016
    2nd Update: here is the text from the Ubi blog here: http://blog.ubi.com/announcing-the-division-open-beta/ (my emphasis):

The Division is throwing its doors wide open next week with an open beta that will let everyone explore its devastated New York, test its systems, and provide feedback that will benefit the game before its launch. Whether you’re a veteran of the closed beta or this is your first time stepping into an Agent’s shoes, you’ll be able to jump into the open beta from February 19-21 on PS4, PC and Xbox One. Also, Xbox One players can get started a day early with exclusive 24-hour early access beginning on February 18, but players on all platforms can preload the beta starting February 16.

The development team has resolved most of the PC cheating issues tracked during the closed beta, and all of them will be resolved by launch on March 8. The developers will continue to closely monitor the open beta for any new issues, and address them accordingly.

If this isn’t your first time playing The Division, there are extra incentives to come back, starting with a new story mission that wasn’t in the closed beta. Also, everyone who participates in the open beta gets access to a special in-game reward that will be unlocked when the full game is released for Xbox One, PS4, and PC on March 8.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Yeah and supposedly from what I've read, the only additional thing from the closed beta is ONE new story mission.  That's a bit odd.  I'm not pulling my pre-order, but I'm treading lightly.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Scottgun said:
    This is off topic but I had to compliment your avatar. Sick Warbird, brings back memories :)