Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mad Catz

Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=69024&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2136454

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/mad-catz-star-citizen-hotas/

"As previously announced, the Company will issue its fiscal 2016 third quarter results following the market close on February 9, 2016, and will host a conference call and simultaneous webcast to discuss the results at 5:00 p.m. ET."

Sounds bad for a business partner, huh.

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited February 2016
    News:

Saitek changed part of its management.

Saitek will announce its fiscal results.

Saitek produces cool gear at high prices.

Thank you for the news.

Have fun
  • JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Unless Saitek has replaced their entire board, this is something way more serious.
    To explain to normal people, replacing the entire board points to something really bad and it has to be "Chapter 11" or financial malfeasance.

MadCatz is a public company so whatever the going-on is, it will be made public.

And if it is Chapter 11, there is definitely something else in play here. Replacing the entire board so trading is halted 24 hours and then filing Chapter 11 just kills the equity of the company. This is 'trading 101' stuff.

Hang on a min...

Because we are a smaller reporting company, this Annual Report does not include an attestation report of
    our registered public accounting firm regarding internal control over financial reporting. Management’s report
    was not subject to attestation by our independent registered public accounting firm.

So an independent accounting firm didn't do an audit on your financials?

Oh........

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mad-catz-reports-fiscal-2016-211500895.html;_ylt=A0LEViSOW7pWhzcA7ngnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Significant restructuring and a whole lot of optimism. Will SC Hotas still be marketed? Probably, for SQ42. This company's future might very well depend on the release of it. Maybe we'll see a collector's edition with included hardware?
    Spoke too soon. They're actually planning hotas release this calendar year. Now you can be all set, with your Rift, spaceship jpeg, joystick and dreams... for SQ42... sometime in 2017... hopefully.
    I guess that depends who you are. If you're a consumer who really wanted SC hotas, sure. If you're an employee, shareholder or prospective business partner, not so much.
    Alot of this specialized controller market is going the way of the dodo and Mad Catz is kinda left holding the bag. If they're smart, they'll get on board with AR, making licensed controller aps for smartphones.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    The Mad Catz RAT 7 mouse is easily one of the best mice I've ever used.  I had one from the day it came out until it finally gasped it's last click.

The X-50 series joysticks are also some of the best joysticks which you can buy without dropping some serious money on a Warthog.

The really weird thing they did, however, was partnering up to work on Rock Band 4.  Talk about a game that's past its shelf life.  I don't know anyone, not one single person, who bought Rock Band 4, but damn near all of my friends bought all three previous versions.  Whooo booy, are the reviews for this game on Amazon and elsewhere terrible.  Seems like they missed the mark pretty hard when it comes to fans of this style of game.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Why is this posted in the Star Citizen forum, it affects any flight sim.  Maybe the News forum would be a better place for it?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Talonsin said:
    Why is this posted in the Star Citizen forum, it affects any flight sim.  Maybe the News forum would be a better place for it?
    They make the joystick for SC. That would be my first guess.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited February 2016
    We bought a MadCatz controller once, it was the worst piece of plastic junk we ever owned. The buttons got stuck behind the backplate, glue was seeping out from behind one of the screws and the markings wore off after a few weeks.

It was one of their units to play street fighter with. Terrible.