Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFM to Start Playing a MMORPG Together

ValandaarValandaar Member UncommonPosts: 4

Hey everyone, I've been a lurker here for a while and have always been a huge MMORPG player. To me, MMORPGs are great because of the social and competitive aspect. In most, you are required to group and work together to get passed challenging content. With the recent amount of people that are unsure what to play, or are looking for a solid and dedicated group of people to enjoy a great MMORPG with, I decided take matters into my own hands. I am organizing a group of like minded players to pick a MMORPG to call our permanent home (no game hopping) and start playing there together. The goal is to progress and experience all the content of the game from start to endgame, and then tackle all endgame content.

The Mission:

We are a small core of MMORPG fans that are starting to organize a group/guild to reroll and start a MMORPG game we all decide on. Our goal is to establish a well organized guild of players that are active and dedicated to playing and experiencing the game with multiple players/groups. This is a social effort, we want to tackle all content and aspects of the game, while having a solid group of people to do it with. This ensures we are all enjoying ourselves while playing the MMORPG to its true and full potential. We want to provide a friendly, mature and information heavy environment/community of like-minded individuals who develop and become better players through playing together. We are aiming be a hub of information, and want to give players that haven't played MMORPGs or this specific game a chance to learn and become great players. Or be a place an experienced player can find others to tackle hard content with. We also aim to compete (Raids/PvP) once hitting endgame, and aim on catering to the hardcore as well as casual playerbase. We are narrowing it down to games we have extensive experience in, so that we have a wealth of information and can help new or returning players to ease into the game.

Expectations:

• A desire to put in time and effort into a harder MMORPG and also this guild in order to better yourself as a player, and better our community. Previous MMORPG experience is a plus, but if not we like to see people that are willing to put in time and effort to learn how to play their class or this certain game type.

• Maturity. We want a mature playerbase that can be serious when needed, but also have a good time and be relaxed when the time is right. Age: 18+

• Activitiy/Dedication. We are looking for active and dedicated players. This doesn't mean you need to be playing 8+ hours a day, but at the same time we don't want to see players 30 minutes a day and then log off. We want to progress as a guild, and while we will have different groups with different play times and time commitments, there needs to be a decent amount of activity.

• Permanence. NO GUILD/GAME HOPPERS. When we pick a game, we are going to stick with it through thick and thin. The guild is not going anywhere, and we do not benefit from players that constantly reroll or keep hopping to other games.

• Communication. Communication is key to MMORPG, especially the group based or harder ones. Online games are meant to be played with others, hence there is minimum communication that is required. Having access to a mic and speakers in order to talk through voice chat is needed, so that we can keep the social aspect of our group alive and can relay information easily.

• Socializing. This is an MMORPG, which requires you to group and interact with other players in this guild and outside of it. We want social members who will group, help or otherwise hangout with other members in this guild to keep things from getting stale. Please understand that you will be working and dealing with other people, we want people that enjoy doing this.

• HAVE FUN. Really important. This is a game, so we are playing it for enjoyment and to meet others that have the same interests as us. We appreciate the competitive and serious aspect of game also, but the main priority is to enjoy yourself while playing, otherwise it becomes a chore to log on and play.

If this interests anyone and the block of text didn't scare you off, please respond here or PM me and I will PM you the information for the voice chat. I have a temporary discord for us to talk while I organize more. Once I get more interest, I will buy a 100 man TS server as well as website hosting and begin designing a website.

• We have narrowed it down to these games: Vanilla WoW, LOTRO, or Wildstar. Leaning heavily towards Vanilla WoW. More will be discussed and voted on by the players in voice chat. Cheers!

Comments

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    I'd have to put my vote in for Vanilla WoW. I could have tossed Dark Age of Camelot's Genesis, free shard, in there...but that's a tough learning curve for anyone to just jump into without being a long time fan of 3-realm rvr and template building.

Pvp or pve would be the question, therefore, for Vanilla WoW. The pvp server can involve endless camping, but, does offer that traditional WoW feel. That being said, 11k players on one server (you read that correctly), is low balling their max pop. They can hit upwards of 14k - 15k or so (embarrassing for a server like Genesis, btw, which begins to lag out with 5% of that population).

There is a 2k average on the pve server - and they do have the smaller battleground experiences (no Alterac Valley like on the pvp server - least not yet).

salute...hope to hear from you all soon

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    how do you play vanilla wow unless private server?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2016
    Your list of games requires 99% soloing,so it defeats the purpose of  grouping or friends.If you want to just turn a GAME into a run of instances then it defeats the purpose of a MMO,so yeah WOW is the Anti mmorpg.

Only REAL grouping game i have played in last 15 years is FFXI all rest need not apply.

To be honest,right his moment i cannot think of a single game worth forming a group of friends to play.That really shows a sad state of the industry when we have thousands of these mmo's yet none of them play like a MMO.
    Just using Wow as an example of a REAL bad idea.MANY of their quests are just kill said creatures to get said drops,wel la LOT of those quests there are not even enough mobs to support a group of players,you would kill them so fast and end up waiting around for new ones to spawn.Pretty sad really,i see me and 2 other people doing same quest and all three of us are constantly standing there waiting for spawns.

If your still alive and around in maybe 2 years,Chronicles of Elyria might be a solid idea,keyword ...maybe.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Wizardry said:
    Your list of games requires 99% soloing,so it defeats the purpose of  grouping or friends.If you want to just turn a GAME into a run of instances then it defeats the purpose of a MMO,so yeah WOW is the Anti mmorpg.

Only REAL grouping game i have played in last 15 years is FFXI all rest need not apply.

To be honest,right his moment i cannot think of a single game worth forming a group of friends to play.That really shows a sad state of the industry when we have thousands of these mmo's yet none of them play like a MMO.
    Just using Wow as an example of a REAL bad idea.MANY of their quests are just kill said creatures to get said drops,wel la LOT of those quests there are not even enough mobs to support a group of players,you would kill them so fast and end up waiting around for new ones to spawn.Pretty sad really,i see me and 2 other people doing same quest and all three of us are constantly standing there waiting for spawns.

If your still alive and around in maybe 2 years,Chronicles of Elyria might be a solid idea,keyword ...maybe.
    So the post is asking for people join a group to play an MMORPG and you chime in with they all suck and it isn't worth it.  Wouldn't it have been better to just let them have fun than trying to rain on their parade.  Do people really have that need to piss on anything they don't like.  How about responding positively or not at all. Is that an option anymore?

I self identify as a monkey.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    thats his shtick ...pissin in cornflakes
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2016
    Bu .. to the op Was interested till i looked at the limited choice of games... Dont you think everyone you are trying to recruit should have some input into the narrowing down of this list ...
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    First you cannot talk about playing on a private server on these forums.  So that kills WOW and from someone who has tried private servers you are wasting your time.  They are no where near exactly like Vanilla or TBC WOW was.  No need for CC no need for team work.

Wildstar, that is a joke and can tell you thats another waste of time because you are not going to get 20 people into the raids just to get a 40 man raid together.  That era is over.

And LOTRO thats funny too since they have 0 plan to add any group content ever again.  Lotro turned into a solo heaven for players so what is the point of playing an MMO that no longer makes group content.

So your choices are a pile.  Hell I would even say FFXIV and SWTOR are nearly the same pile as these 3 options.  

The Era of what you are looking for is over.  I doubt it will ever come again.  Hell I been looking for what you want and came to the conclusion that I am playing Minecraft with a few friends and calling gaming good until MMOs hit rock bottom.  
  • Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Scorchien said:
    thats his shtick ...pissin in cornflakes
    Lol yeah - reminded me of the old Mr Clippit from Microsoft Office

"Looks like you are trying to organize fun let me help you screw that up"
  • chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    I just started playing around on the Vanilla wow server to check it out. It's been fun so far and great population. On the other hand, I'd say that Lotro is actually a GREAT choice and something I would consider with a group of like-minded people.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Wizardry said:

So the post is asking for people join a group to play an MMORPG and you chime in with they all suck and it isn't worth it.  Wouldn't it have been better to just let them have fun than trying to rain on their parade.  Do people really have that need to piss on anything they don't like.  How about responding positively or not at all. Is that an option anymore?

Doing solo content in a group? Yeah! That would be a blast! NOT!

How can one respond in a positive way to a disappointing genre?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If Black Desert was one of the games I would be interested. World Of Warcraft?  :p
  • 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390
    I have to agree , grouping in mmos outside max lvl content is the thing of the pass. It took me a pretty long time to get over this , as final fantasy 11 was my 1st MMORPG.  Duo leveling is the best you can do with the current state of affairs or I would be interested.   

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    carotid said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Wizardry said:

Doing solo content in a group? Yeah! That would be a blast! NOT!

How can one respond in a positive way to a disappointing genre?
    This is their choices.  If you don't like their choices, you don't comment.  This thread is trying to recruit.  If you're not interested, you move on.  You don't try to shoot them down.  They may like their choices.... let them enjoy their choices.  So you don't like the games.  Move on to the next thread.  

It's ok to say... 'hey, have you thought about this game'  without the 'those suck' comments.

I just don't get it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    You all need to pick something like DAoC or EQ1 and only play in the OLD zones grouped up.
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    edited February 2016
    All the games you suggest are easy,no need to group. If you want content that requires a group I recommend EQ2 TLE server Stormhold.

If you get 6 go for Guardian (Tank),Inquisitor (Cleric),Warden (Druid) Coercer(Enchanter),Assassin (Predator) and Necromancer (Summoner).
    There are others you can choose but that is an all rounded group you should be able to do all heroic content with and I made it so you can all start in the same city for convenience . 

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Wizardry said:

Oh look at you being all negative about every game except your beloved FFXI. Here's something that may shock you. No MMO really requires soloing. Mundane easy quests? Grab a friend, get on Skype and make it fun! I'm sure the OP would love to be heralded with your tales of FFXI being super awesome as the two of you quest together through WoW. Don't forget to include the part where you sat in Jeuno with your PT flag up for seven straight hours. 
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    play darkfall.