Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Black Desert Is Coming...

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Black Desert Is Coming...

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    After years of trying to get customers to support the game on Steams Greenlight, finally Wildstar has now been confirmed.... :)
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Woohoo ya Bill ...Go Broncos...

My year would be complete if COH comes back....
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    I know y'all keep pushing Black Desert, and though I concede the character creator is awesome, visuals look good, in the end whether you like it or not, you are forced into PvP. That is simply not my idea of a game I want to play. Though I am very happy for my friends who love to PvP they might have winner with BDO, but I don't think the nature of the game play has been explained well enough, and before folks drop $$$ on it they should know what they are getting into. So I am not as excited as you are about this Bill, but glad you liked it.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Wylf said:

I know y'all keep pushing Black Desert, and though I concede the character creator is awesome, visuals look good, in the end whether you like it or not, you are forced into PvP. That is simply not my idea of a game I want to play. Though I am very happy for my friends who love to PvP they might have winner with BDO, but I don't think the nature of the game play has been explained well enough, and before folks drop $$$ on it they should know what they are getting into. So I am not as excited as you are about this Bill, but glad you liked it.

I'm probably going to catch some bad reception for this, but why does it matter so much that it is PvP? There are consequences to PKing outside of guild war for the person who commits murder essentially. You can't even be killed by another player until you are level 50, essentially max-level.

This also gives an importance to a guild because you will rely on each other.

If you want to play the game, then just play it. Don't let PvP scare you off, it's never as bad as you think it's going to be, unless its super hardcore like Darkfall or Mortal Online.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    One thing i'll give to Wildstar. They don't give up. I've tried to go back many times, but I just can't seem to love the game for some reason. I'm not even sure why.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wylf said:
    I love pvp, that's usually the only reason I play mmos, but I don't expect the pvp to be especially good in Black Desert. I'm getting it because it looks like the closet thing to a real breathing fantasy world out yet, most of the game looks filled with non-pvp activities to me.

Btw, if you want to take a look, Bill did a good write up touching on part of BDO's complex trading, housing, and production systems here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/feature/10471/Black-Desert-Online-What-is-Contribution-A-Beginners-Guide-to-Trade-Housing-and-Production.html
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Black Desert coming is a good thing? It is NOT that the game design in any way really is revolutionary and will change MMOs forever, in fact it is rather meh... but it is a game with very little real competition, so I would believe that they will be successful.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    If BDO can get some decent PvE content out I think it will be more popular than we think. Not WoW type level, but a decent population.
  • AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I was happy to hear that Bless is finally coming to the West. That game has always intrigued me, from what I saw anyway, so it will be nice to see more about how it will be implemented here. At least AAA MMOs seem to still be making their appearance, even if they are ports of their original Eastern releases. More choices is always good, as long as they are quality choices.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    DMKano said:

I am in the same boat - except I know why exactly - I find it more annoying than enjoyable, so it's simply a bad fit for what I am looking for.
    ...which is rather high-quality material like this:

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Wylf said:

If they go with a crappy mega server...then you can dodge pvp easy...and dodge seeing anyone in game at all

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314

Wylf said:

High levels farming low levels is an issue Daum listens to on the forums, and with CBT2 hopefully we will see what they have listened to and come up with regarding the bounty / karma / what ever system. It is a huge risk to attack someone and LOSE your gems etc I read, so people should not be attacking other people to "grief".

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    IP block sucks.