Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[DEVS] - Concept Artist Gurmukh Bhasin and Sr. Producer Eric Kieron Davis making the office pretty!

MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
edited February 2016 in Star Citizen
"Concept artist Gurmukh Bhasin has been creating large renders to wallpaper our new building as we are still getting settled in to the new location. Each conference room will be given a different theme based on a ship manufacturer, and Gurmukh has been designing renders for how each room should look when the installations are completed. If you ever come by to take a tour of the place, make sure you check out our giant mural featuring the Vanguard. Given how much time we spend here, the investment in morale is well worth the effort!"

>> I am really glad a professional concept artist takes his time to create renders to decorate the rooms in the CIG offices. Those interior decorators are just noobs and this is very important for the next version of the 'verse.

"Senior Producer Eric Kieron Davis is truly a man of many talents. One week he is in Austin, TX assisting the production team with Persistent Universe processes then another week he is spearheading the beautification of the new Los Angeles CIG office, all while keeping his eyes on the target of 2.1.0 and 2.1.1."

>> I can always trust Chris Roberts to assign important jobs like making the office pretty to highly talented people like a Senior Producer. We would get nowhere with development if not for him!

Have faith!

[SOURCE - Monthly Studio Report]

Bonus Picture: Look at all the cool stuff i got!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
- Michael Bitton
Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
- SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comments

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    edited February 2016
    Torval said:
    Neat! Development areas should be full of art and immersion into the world they're creating. Development, in any field, can be very stressful and the business aspect and deadlines often overshadow the reasons why we love to work in that field. Having beauty, perks, and things around to help remind what the creativity is about are a really nice thing imo.
    Totally, i am glad they got the money to spend on office decorations for all the rooms, in fact, i think i go buy another ship to help them with the effort.

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Torval said:
    Neat! Development areas should be full of art and immersion into the world they're creating. Development, in any field, can be very stressful and the business aspect and deadlines often overshadow the reasons why we love to work in that field. Having beauty, perks, and things around to help remind what the creativity is about are a really nice thing imo.
    Totally, i am glad they got the money to spend on office decorations for all the rooms, in fact, i think i go buy another ship to help them with the effort.
    ROFL, you almost made me spit out my water on that one.  B)
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    How dare they act like every other dev company out there and make their office space fun to work in! I mean the nerve.
    Xeno.phon said:
    How dare they act like every other dev company out there and make their office space fun to work in! I mean the nerve.
    Amen Commando! People need comfort and inspiration. Nothing beats a full themed room based on an imaginary game. That's where imagination comes from!

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    More $2000 jpeg ships coming.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I have mixed feelings about this. I suppose if they had to decorate the office anyway, and if in the end, it wasn't too much more, then I'd be fine with it. This is one of those things where history will judge this move based on the success or failure of the product.
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Do you have a point or are you just trolling? Did you open the thread to talk about concept art or just as another venue for people to make distasteful snarky comments. Why wouldn't a development company have the resources to print concept art by their artists? You seem to be inferring that this is some huge deal. Whatevs, go off on your agenda.
    This thread is about how to decorate offices, using their talented resources and the development of the game. Please stay on topic and don't throw poo poo.

Have faith!

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

I have mixed feelings about this. I suppose if they had to decorate the office anyway, and if in the end, it wasn't too much more, then I'd be fine with it. This is one of those things where history will judge this move based on the success or failure of the product.
    I do have mixed feelings too. Not so much about the decorations, that's fine, people like a cosy work environment, more about the people that do it. Are they really qualified?

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Yes, because people don't care about progress on the actual game which is now years overdue. What's really important is that we know that the offices of the company supposedly producing it look just spiffy! I'm sure when the building needs new carpet they'll design the X5882300GZ 'Empire' cargo transport ship to fund it. After all, a warm and cozy office with lots of cool shit to look at takes priority over delivering the product(s) to their loyal customers in a timely fashion. 

Where can I sign up to 'donate' cash for Chris to put a fireplace and jacuzzi in his office? After all, we need to do everything we can to keep those creative juices flowing, and we wouldn't want the poor guy to burn himself out designing more ships to sell.

Oh, and how about a large screen TV so he can watch the Wing Commander movie for inspiration every day? It's such a great film, chock full of great acting, special effects, and aliens which don't look at all like something the Power Rangers would fight. Some people were upset because he wrote an entirely new story despite already having a script from the games which could be adapted to a screenplay in about three minutes, but I think the results speak for themselves! Casting people like Freddie Prinze Jr. was also so much better than retaining stars like Mark Hamill, Malcolm McDowell, and John Rhys-Davies, wasn't it? Yes, BRILLIANT!

Whoops, hit my daily limit for sarcasm. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Do you have a point or are you just trolling? Did you open the thread to talk about concept art or just as another venue for people to make distasteful snarky comments. Why wouldn't a development company have the resources to print concept art by their artists? You seem to be inferring that this is some huge deal. Whatevs, go off on your agenda.
    This thread is about how to decorate offices, using their talented resources and the development of the game. Please stay on topic and don't throw poo poo.

Have faith!
    I was discussing that when you started throwing snarky comments around about buying ships and competency. I'm a data analyst, sql developer, and do some non-retail development work. Having a nice working environment makes a huge difference. It's very stressful work and a nice working environment: art, a nicely decorated space makes a big difference.

Maybe this sort of thing is all a joke to you and yours though.
    So there is no difference from a company that sells a product to raise its capital so it can pay it's employees from a crowdfunding company that haven't released a workable product? 

Torval said:
    snip...
    I was discussing that when you started throwing snarky comments around about buying ships and competency. I'm a data analyst, sql developer, and do some non-retail development work. Having a nice working environment makes a huge difference. It's very stressful work and a nice working environment: art, a nicely decorated space makes a big difference.

Well, they need money to decorate so what's wrong with buying more ships? Can always fit another one in that Hangar.

I am a C/C++ Programmer for about 25 years and i prefer a quiet environment with as few distractions as possible. But that is just me and a reason i work from home a lot. I have a house that was designed by a Zen and Feng Shui Master. Even my cat Mr.Snuffles is totally chilled most of the time.

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Brenics said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Have faith!

So there is no difference from a company that sells a product to raise its capital so it can pay it's employees from a crowdfunding company that haven't released a workable product? 
    Not really...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Signed and framed Wing Commander 4 post on the wall there I see. I can't remember the name of that white haired actor that starred in it with Mark Hamill. He was in a few 90's movies too.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    IAmMMO said:
    Signed and framed Wing Commander 4 post on the wall there I see. I can't remember the name of that white haired actor that starred in it with Mark Hamill. He was in a few 90's movies too.
    Terrance Stamp?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Artists decorating the studios, other artists mocapping for salesmen hawking their wares in showrooms with businessmen and women gawping at monitors while sipping virtual champagne...

Priorities.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Distopia said:
    IAmMMO said:
    Terrance Stamp?
    Wing Commander IV - The Price of Freedom Box Cover

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/playstation-games/791-1.jpg

Actor in game Malcolm McDowell (you find his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_McDowell

plays Admiral Tolwyn

http://wingcommander.wikia.com/wiki/Geoffrey_Tolwyn

Have fun

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Torval said:
    Do you have a point or are you just trolling? Did you open the thread to talk about concept art or just as another venue for people to make distasteful snarky comments.
    Just standard SomethingAwful  propaganda campaign.

We had the "we tell it over and over again, so its truth" part.

We had the "lets post (cheap) (sometimes semi-funny) videos" part.

We had the "we have a spy in place" part.

We had the "your leaders are betraying you and line their own pockets" part.

We had the character assassination part.

Next part would be "Russian WW2 style" propaganda posters.

a la   http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a55_mother.jpg

In the future you will see in game actions (e.g. the The Flying Penis in Second Life, intentional server crashes)

Its predictable. Always the same.

Have fun 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I doubt this guy is under any stress at all,his wife has that big salesman smile,with 100 million and likely some sneaky business practices,they are living a dream.

This sort of reminds me of the UFC who is building this massive very elite expensive building while severely underpaying a lot of their athletes/fighters.Right away they were questioned and of course made it sound like it was NEEDED but in reality,these over elaborate buildings are for the rich spending habits.they like to feel like big shots,look at me,they can't be caught working in something practical,they need to look like Hollywood stars.

Oh well you only live once,i am sure after he is long dead,he won't be caring,he gets to live his dream of being rich and famous,who cares about the little guy,the gamer.Wonder what kind of rock he bought her for Christmas out of the gamer's pockets.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    edited February 2016
    Why do so many of the posts in this thread sound like people that are insanely jealous of the fact that someone raised $100M in funding ? ;D

Some people here are so salty they make the Dead Sea look like it's filled with spring water...
    Why do so many of the posts in this thread sound like people that are insanely jealous of the fact that someone raised $100M in funding ? ;D

Some people here are so salty they make the Dead Sea look like it's filled with spring water...
    LOL you think it has to do with being  jealous? 

You think it could be because CR is actually ruining crowdfunding by ripping off people. Making a mockery of the whole process? Na it couldn't be that, it has to be  jealousy. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Isn't this stuff you do AFTER y... alright, nevermind.

What's that thing victims of kidnapping suffer from where they fall in love with the kidnapper?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Torval said:
     Development, in any field, can be very stressful and the business aspect and deadlines often overshadow the reasons why we love to work in that field.
    Who said anything about deadlines.
    Isn't this stuff you do AFTER y... alright, nevermind.

What's that thing victims of kidnapping suffer from where they fall in love with the kidnapper?
    Stockholm Syndrome.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Torval said:
     Development, in any field, can be very stressful and the business aspect and deadlines often overshadow the reasons why we love to work in that field.
    Who said anything about deadlines.
    The CIG Austin office has started planning for 2016 just now in February 2016 and we might get a deadline/release date for SQ42! 

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/445616/news-cig-austin-has-started-planning-and-laying-down-a-roadmap

The excitement never stops with CIG!

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

Great, so, when the "game" was Star Citizen mmorpg and the little featured single-player lead-in was the side attraction, now SQ42 is going to the center ring. "Hey, look what we can do after 5 years!", in 2017.

Will all these people consider the game a success, then, with SQ42 release?