Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favorite Theme

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
edited February 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Even though I love medieval setting, i do like science fiction fantasy like Final Fantasy 8 (balamb garden!!!!!!) and a little bit of Final Fantasy Advent Children (cloud superbike is cool!!!, the combat is cool, but just for high level heroes. example cloud final battle with sephiroth)

I like science fic fantasy that has natural thing, greener, not much steels, not a wasteland, beautiful natural environtment like grass, treess, rivers...

And i do like urban fantasy, like the matrix 1, before Neo can fly like a superman. a little bit gun fight here and there, and martial arts combat, its cool. maybe can add  a magic attack like ff8 that combines both magic and science...

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I like biofantasy.  Biofantasy is stuff where the players use magic to grow trees into house shapes, crossbreed a captured wolf monster with a captured eagle monster to get a pet winged wolf, change the player's own avatar to grow a tail, etc.

I like low tech alien fantasy.  Like imagine the move Avatar with no humans or technology, but instead Na'vi doing magic and battling monsters and living in tribes...

I like school settings, whether like the one in FF8 or like the academies in Bleach or Naruto, or the one in Soul Eater... fantasy or science fantasy academies in general, or even far-future science fiction, as long as the setting isn't modern.

I like marooning settings where the player is alone in an unfamiliar wilderness and has to build up a 1-person civilization out of rocks and mud.  Somewhat challenging to make this work in an MMO, but Xsyon's PvE server is a decent attempt, except for the restrictions on what can be built by a single person.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    Well, there is plenty to choose from in the fantasy sphere. So while I have a personal hard-on for Renaissance Fantasy, I'm going to have to say that I want to see more martial arts/Wuxia style MMOs on the market. We have yet to see the really high quality, AAA Wuxia MMORPG that the genre deserves. Blade and Soul comes closer than any of the others so far, but it reeks of lack of polish and half-assed content design. 

The advantage of the martial arts fantasy setting is that it allows for a certain degree of cheesiness in the genre. Things like flying around with your arms, walking on water, and double/triple jumping cease to be immersion breakers and start becoming part of the expected hilarity and wish fulfillment. And I think the genre could use that kind of experience in a really good game for a change.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I like SteamPunk

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I like Sci-fi. I can't stand high-fantasy anymore. 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    Aeander said:
    Well, there is plenty to choose from in the fantasy sphere. So while I have a personal hard-on for Renaissance Fantasy, I'm going to have to say that I want to see more martial arts/Wuxia style MMOs on the market. We have yet to see the really high quality, AAA Wuxia MMORPG that the genre deserves. Blade and Soul comes closer than any of the others so far, but it reeks of lack of polish and half-assed content design. 

The advantage of the martial arts fantasy setting is that it allows for a certain degree of cheesiness in the genre. Things like flying around with your arms, walking on water, and double/triple jumping cease to be immersion breakers and start becoming part of the expected hilarity and wish fulfillment. And I think the genre could use that kind of experience in a really good game for a change.
    Check out Moonlight Blade
    It's been on my radar for a few months now and I have high hopes.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I go through periods.  Currently, I'm into more historical fantasy.

I self identify as a monkey.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Classic horror - Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, witches. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Primarily, damn near exclusively, low fantasy. High fantasy is super tricky, but if done just right can work for me.

Scifi... Not many games get that right in my eyes. Even my two favorites, Halo and X-Rebirth, have glaring flaws.

Low fantasy is my go to setting. Too bad so few games actually attempt it.