Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is terrible. However ... I will keep playing ...

Comments

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    Action combat in mmo's is becoming lame to me.
    +1

And if people want action combat, there are hundreds of console titles that do it better.
    Granted I don't own a console but I haven't played a pvp game with better combat on any platform.  Not a single one, let alone "hundreds".

As for why people would want a complex combo-based action combat system in their PVP MMO- well that seems obvious.
    Well, I didn't say pvp, kinda hard to find MMO on consoles.

But Star Ocean and any of the Tales series on console have much better combat than Blade & Soul, easily.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Doing any one particular style becomes stale after a while. I am enjoying B&S combat as a contrast to GW2 and having fun with both. I really don't care for the quest layout in B&S though.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Kiyoris said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

And if people want action combat, there are hundreds of console titles that do it better.
    Granted I don't own a console but I haven't played a pvp game with better combat on any platform.  Not a single one, let alone "hundreds".

As for why people would want a complex combo-based action combat system in their PVP MMO- well that seems obvious.

But Star Ocean and any of the Tales series on console have much better combat than Blade & Soul, easily.
    really? based on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5uFkU1E-I
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Aori said:
    For the combat.

Being as objective as possible, I realize this game is complete trash. That however, will not stop me from playing (at least for now). I'm a hardcore PvPer, and I find the combat in this game simply orgasmic. So much so, I can ignore everything else bad about it. This game could have been so much better, but it dropped the ball. I don't have a reason to stay, so once I get bored of PvP, I'm sure I'll never visit again.

So you like to play with trash...? You don't make any sense, no matter how good the combat is, if the game is trash why play it?

I don't understand.
    I literally explained all this in the original post ...
    For the combat.

Being as objective as possible, I realize this game is complete trash. That however, will not stop me from playing (at least for now). I'm a hardcore PvPer, and I find the combat in this game simply orgasmic. So much so, I can ignore everything else bad about it. This game could have been so much better, but it dropped the ball. I don't have a reason to stay, so once I get bored of PvP, I'm sure I'll never visit again.

First.....why? Why would you keep playing (no you didn't explain why good enough for me to see why)

Second..."I'm a hardcore PvPer"   Whatever dude....

Well, if you cant understand even when its explained, go take a 4th grade English class and learn about context clues.
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

nah, the first time I actually enjoyed mmo combat, really enjoyed it, was Tera. I've been playing Dragon's Dogma and though it was a console title, it really works as a port. 

MMO's with action combat, for me is the only way to go.

I can't go back to the old way it's atrocious.
    YES! This is how I feel exactly. My first action combat MMO was TERA, and I've loved it ever since. I cant go back to the Tab-targeting WoW formula.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

nah, the first time I actually enjoyed mmo combat, really enjoyed it, was Tera. I've been playing Dragon's Dogma and though it was a console title, it really works as a port. 

YES! This is how I feel exactly. My first action combat MMO was TERA, and I've loved it ever since. I cant go back to the Tab-targeting WoW formula.
    But see, I don't like action combat, keeps me too busy, almost exhausting rather than entertaining.

Besides it takes away from opportunities to socialize with folks both on or offline, my primary reason for MMORPGs.

If I really wanted actiony combat I'd probably play single player games. (which I don't play for their lack of socialization)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited February 2016
    I don't understand why people continue to argue the point it's his opinion...

One which I happen to not to agree with but still.....
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I'm I the only one that thinks B&S's combat is wanky.  I mean i hate Tab targeting games, but B&S just does not do it for me.
    Not sure how far into the game you got, but once you start unlocking more combat mechanics, it becomes a totally different beast. Evading in any directions, manually linking combos any way you like, linking combos with other people, vaulting over objects while running, attacking while flying, counter attack while being knocked down, grapple, throws, those are just some of the things you can do.

If you dont like the game, or the combat, that is totally fine. But nothing out there comes any way near this combat (BD is not out in the west so im not counting that one). Once you get all the combat/movement unlocks, it becomes the True Action Combat that Tera failed to be.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016

Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

I personally prefer traditional WoW controls in mmorpgs, BUT having good action combat means i will definitely have a blast with my gamepad hooked to my PC.

EDIT: im so happy GW2 added the option to play with a reticle/action combat, but i think ill need xpadder there. But it feels great and organic having the basic 1 attack on the mouse click like an action game.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Korean developers just seem to not understand certain things.

They copied game formulas from West but half got lost in translation.

They don't really understand MMO combat, it is always a mish-mash of console gameplay and some light MMO elements.

They don't really understand lore and storytelling, they don't seem to understand how immersion ties into the story, and how roleplaying works.

Frankly I don't think Korean developers understand game development as a whole. I have never seen a good game title from Korea, ever.

Opinions vary. 

Some of the best MMOS are in fact Korean.

How you were able to put forth such a restrained response to that post is beyond me.  It is so bigoted it did not deserve a response.  I read it and literally had to restrain myself from responding to it but I am commenting on it now because the poster needs to be called out on it.  Listen I am from the West, but to say that Korean developers copied game formulas from the West but half got lost in translation, and that they don't really understand MMO combat, or lore and storytelling, or how immersion ties into a story, or how roleplaying works is so insulting and out of line that the poster's motives go far beyond just a dislike for Korean games.  The disdain and elitist attitude that some of these people voice toward Asian games sheds a bad light on all NA/EU players and it really needs to stop.
    edited February 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:

really? based on this?

yes, consoles are where the good action RPG are, not PC

PC have the good trinity games

why do you think saying "really?" is a good counterargument btw, lol

I'll link the video properly

edited February 2016
    The disdain and elitist attitude that some of these people voice toward Asian games sheds a bad light on all NA/EU players and it really needs to stop.
    Most people who don't like Korean games, are specifically talking about Korean games. Not "Asian" games, I don't know why you even bring that up when I said in the post above you that Star Ocean and the Tales series, from Japan, have great combat. Unless you just skimp posts and didn't read anything I said.

People will "stop" saying how bad these MMO coming out of Korea are, the moment they produce a good game.

I might actually agree with the "elitist" term, people in the West do tend to look at RPG differently, people want good lore, good story, community requirements, etc. It's elitist in the sense that people want high standards.

And I'm sorry to say, but the quality of games coming from Korean studios, is far far below the quality of games coming out of Japan, Europe and the US.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Kiyoris said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:

really? based on this?

He probably used "really" as a good counterargument because what you said is bullshit. It doesn't require any type of counterargument. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I'm always surprised when people think accusing someone of being elitist is a "negative", actually more of a complement really.  =)

Korean games definitely have a "style" of their own, if you don't care for it, you will probably feel they are inferior to others you have played.

Opinions vary of course, as always.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

fodell54 said:
    He probably used "really" as a good counterargument because what you said is bullshit. It doesn't require any type of counterargument. 
    Well, it's time you learn how to use proper arguments then, don't you think.

"really?" and "bullshit" might work on a forum, it's not going to work very well in the real world. You might lose more than just the debate if you talk to people like that.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Kyleran said:
    I'm always surprised when people think accusing someone of being elitist is a "negative", actually more of a complement really.  =)

Korean games definitely have a "style" of their own, if you don't care for it, you will probably feel they are inferior to others you have played.

Opinions vary of course, as always.

Elitist, aka asshole. No such thing as a nice elitist.
    Kiyoris said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:

really? based on this?

would it have helped you if I said "are you actually serious because based on 'this' I don't see how you can say that"?

Do you not understand colloquialisms?

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:
    would it have helped you if I said "are you actually serious because based on 'this' I don't see how you can say that"?
    Well, have you played the game?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yep,i couldn't care less where  game comes from,my long standing career has been in FFXI a JPN game,yet i can't stand korean games because they are noticeably different.

I pick and choose my games by their quality not  from where they were made.Sometimes i do play games that are not overall very good but they offer something unique,some strategy and not just any old unique idea, a good one that fits the game's lore.

In all honesty Wow/Korean games they are very much alike and not what i was ever looking for in a mmoprpg or even a rpg.

When i go back through my history of gaming,i have NEVER  played with yellow markers over heads,i can't stand that idea.I go way back to my floppy disks and Nintendo's,there were never any yellow markers or hand holding ideas.I played Ultima>Wizardry>MightnMagic> etc etc

Butt kicking for goodness....Go for the eyes boo go for the eyes..Yep i done had enough of this...If i can....Yes yes only authority present figure...Lest there be safety in numbers...you have need of me. .. What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there. 

I like to see characters with well yeah character,i like to feel like i am traversing in a living world.All of these mmorpg's have a long long way to go before they can be called a Triple A game..

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Kiyoris said:
    Sovrath said:
    Well, have you played the game?
    I have not played the game but based on the videos I was watching since you actually state it is "better" I can't see what you are talking about. It's the same type of action combat I've seen across games including the light show.

However, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Instead of just making a statement why don't you actually tell us why it is so much better?

edited February 2016
    Sovrath said:

However, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Instead of just making a statement why don't you actually tell us why it is so much better?
    Well, the fights are challenging for one, unlike Blade & Soul. Your AI allies actually advance the story, instead of soloing quests like in Blade & Soul. You feel part of a team, a squad, similar to Valkyria Chronicles. The chains and bonuses make combat interesting, dodging is accurate. The only negative is the camera angle that is often in the wrong place.

In Blade & Soul, all I did for 30 levels was spam attacks in PVE in easymode solo quests that are as boring as can be.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Kiyoris said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

The whole point of the combat system in Blade and Soul is for PVP.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    Kiyoris said:
    The disdain and elitist attitude that some of these people voice toward Asian games sheds a bad light on all NA/EU players and it really needs to stop.
    People will "stop" saying how bad these MMO coming out of Korea are, the moment they produce a good game.

I might actually agree with the "elitist" term, people in the West do tend to look at RPG differently, people want good lore, good story, community requirements, etc. It's elitist in the sense that people want high standards.

And I'm sorry to say, but the quality of games coming from Korean studios, is far far below the quality of games coming out of Japan, Europe and the US.

Here, I'll let Richard Aihoshi, an MMORPG staff writer, briefly educate you on the contribution Korean game developer's and their games have had on the MMORPG industry ...

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9995/The-Five-Most-Significant-Korean-MMOs.html

Here is a little more educational reading for you regarding the topic of Korean developers and their games ...

https://books.google.com/books?id=H21v3d-ErXMC&pg=PA123&lpg=PA123&dq=korean+made+mmorpgs&source=bl&ots=odOQpBNODS&sig=AZiBqHL5v06-JE_yQhdx15v00Kc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7ivvmwOTKAhVHz2MKHdx2BDk4FBDoAQhNMAg#v=onepage&q=korean made mmorpgs&f=false

Regarding Korean game developers more recent contributions, you may not be aware of this, but Black Desert is a Korean developed MMORPG.  Regardless of how you feel about BD, there is no disputing the fact that it takes a back seat to no other MMORPG in many of the MMORPG features it highlights. Another Korean MMO is Archeage.  You may not like what Trion did with the NA version of AA, but again, AA takes a back seat to no other MMORPG in many of the MMORPG features it highlights.    

I can go on and on but do I really need to?  Try educating yourself a little before insulting an entire nation regarding its contribution to the MMORPG genre throughout the genre's history.
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

But see, I don't like action combat, keeps me too busy, almost exhausting rather than entertaining.

Besides it takes away from opportunities to socialize with folks both on or offline, my primary reason for MMORPGs.

If I really wanted actiony combat I'd probably play single player games. (which I don't play for their lack of socialization)
    Hm ... you could try playing with a controller? Its less intensive than a keyboard and mouse. So hopefully, it'd be easier to interact with other players. Just tossing it out there, in case you ever want to give action combat another shot. 

^_^