Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is terrible. However ... I will keep playing ...

monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
For the combat.

Being as objective as possible, I realize this game is complete trash. That however, will not stop me from playing (at least for now). I'm a hardcore PvPer, and I find the combat in this game simply orgasmic. So much so, I can ignore everything else bad about it. This game could have been so much better, but it dropped the ball. I don't have a reason to stay, so once I get bored of PvP, I'm sure I'll never visit again.

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I'm I the only one that thinks B&S's combat is wanky.  I mean i hate Tab targeting games, but B&S just does not do it for me.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Combat trumps all imo, and this game has the best combat I've seen so far in an MMO.

I just hit max level and I'm starting to learn all the combos for PVP.  It's unreal how much depth there is to it.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    The PvP is the whole reason why this game stayed in the Top 10 in Korea since years. They copied the LoL ladder system- and it worked quite well.
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Somewhat same feelings for me. I enjoyed the combat very much. As soon as I could I went into the 1v1 PVP scene and it was a blast!

The rest of the game however, IMO, is trash. The FTP tropes that it has are trash. The story is generic typical anime martial arts trash. Their customer service or systems "designed with the player in mind", are trash. 

I feel like we just got a 3 year old turd that was over hyped. The only reason we all wanted it, is because we were not privileged to get it when it freshly plopped out. 

It was entertaining for a couple of weeks and worth $5. Time for me to move along. 
  • TerratrixxTerratrixx Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Considering the current MMO's on the market calling BnS trash is overly harsh, sure the current endgame content outside of Arena is Slim, but with any research you can see that we have alot of content ahead and if the update on 10th is anything to go by its coming at a pretty fast rate.

All MMOs in the past 10 years have been awful, BnS atleast stands upto those other "trash" games but outdoes them in combat and competitiveness.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Because not every single aspect of the game appeals to you, it's trash eh? Somehow I get the feeling just about every game will be "trash" for the OP, yet he still keeps playing them.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Game is far from trash. It might be standard in comparison to other MMOs in regards to PvE, but that doesn't make it trash. It also was not over hyped at all. Most sites barely did any coverage on it. The game does a pretty good job at being F2P as well. Content is being released quickly. You may not enjoy the 'anime martial arts' part of the game, but when you call it trash, you just sound uncultured. 
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Because not every single aspect of the game appeals to you, it's trash eh? Somehow I get the feeling just about every game will be "trash" for the OP, yet he still keeps playing them.
    Wow, someones butthurt.

Every aspect of a game doesn't have to appeal to me. If anything, this post proves I'm willing to play a game where I hate everything but one aspect. The game is trash because a lot of it is poorly done, that's it. 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    All of these I love the BnS combat/PvP but the game is trash are the guilty hypocritical tantrums from players who can not deny that they enjoy the game yet refuse to give the game credit because they either hate quests, or anime characters, or because its Asian etc.  There is no other reason why anyone would criticize a game so vehemently even though they enjoy the game, and continue to play it, for exactly what it intendeds to accomplish which is specifically its action combat esport PvP feature.  Everything else in the game exists merely as a means to introduce and prepare the player for that end game purpose.  Even so, many of the game's PvE features are still quite good and getting better, and what it does offer in it's PvE features are still much better than, or at least equal to, the majority of F2P games in the market right now.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I think in the Western market, we don't like generic questing (AT ALL), we are done and over it. We hate it.

Keep in mind this was released in 2012. Also keep in mind, Koreans play games mostly for the gameplay and don't care as much about presentation/immersion so much as they appreciate the art-style and combat mechanics, which Blade and Soul has both of in good quality.

BnS lacks immersion, realism, and things like that. Quests are there so you can progress your character and practice fighting stuff. That being said there is a lot of PvE content in this game, at first I thought it was PvP focused, but in reality there is a lot of PvE coming in the next couple of months. Much more than PvP.

Every game developer is going to prioritize things differently. I played ESO the other day and while the combat isn't the worst it feels so .. clunky and boring compared to BnS. I love both games but that is not where ESO shines at all. It shines in the realism, immersion, story, and presentation factor. Certainly not competitive PvP...

The Secret World has amazing storytelling mechanics and incredible puzzles, but the combat is trash, animations are terrible. PvP is a Joke etc.

You have to find a game that prioritizes the same way you do.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I'm I the only one that thinks B&S's combat is wanky.  I mean i hate Tab targeting games, but B&S just does not do it for me.
    If you hate tab targeting, but don't enjoy B&S style combat, what MMORPG do you consider to have good combat? Not trying to be snarky. I'm genuinely curious. 
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    If you hate tab targeting, but don't enjoy B&S style combat, what MMORPG do you consider to have good combat? Not trying to be snarky. I'm genuinely curious. 
    1. because B&S is a tab targeting game, it's execution is different but still tab targeting.
    2. everything feels floaty with no weight.
    3. no CD.
    4. sluggish response time.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    1. because B&S is a tab targeting game, it's execution is different but still tab targeting.
    2. everything feels floaty with no weight.
    3. no CD.
    4. sluggish response time.
    It's not tab targeting. You aim. There are CD's. Response time is dependent on ping. What MMO does have good combat in your opinion? 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Wow, someones butthurt.

Every aspect of a game doesn't have to appeal to me. If anything, this post proves I'm willing to play a game where I hate everything but one aspect. The game is trash because a lot of it is poorly done, that's it. 
    Well, I've heard of people who like everything about a particular game, except "one" thing (can't jump, no mouse-look reverse, major things right?) and toss it out the window.

You are the first person I've met who enjoys only one aspect of a game and is willing to overlook the other 90%.......  very interesting perspective and I'll bet you get to play a lot more games.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    I actually prefer Tera's combat to BNS.  I don't really like the combo focus and limited number of skills.  Not saying BNS combat is bad, I've done hundreds of arenas... just think it's a bit overrated.

Why do so many people dislike tab target games these days anyways?  MMOs are at their best when played at a more methodical pace.  There should be burst set up, coordinated CC, interrupts, CD management, etc.  All these action mmos give up everything for some kind of semi-twitch based dps spam.  
  • svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Jonnyp2 said:
    Why do so many people dislike tab target games these days anyways?  MMOs are at their best when played at a more methodical pace.  There should be burst set up, coordinated CC, interrupts, CD management, etc.  All these action mmos give up everything for some kind of semi-twitch based dps spam.  
    I can only speak for myself, but I recently got a Steam Controller and haven't looked back. It's much more manageable in a game with action combat. Also, for my tastes, tab-target combat just got way to samey. So much so that if you took screenshots of only the UI from many tab target MMOs, it was impossible to tell them apart. The new wave of action combat games have at least made an effort to stand out and be different.

Anyway... I can't imagine hating everything about a game except the combat and then deciding this is the game you will stick with. Especially when there are so many options out there.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Having a blast. My only concern is NC Soft West.  :(

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    For the combat.

Being as objective as possible, I realize this game is complete trash. That however, will not stop me from playing (at least for now). I'm a hardcore PvPer, and I find the combat in this game simply orgasmic. So much so, I can ignore everything else bad about it. This game could have been so much better, but it dropped the ball. I don't have a reason to stay, so once I get bored of PvP, I'm sure I'll never visit again.

First.....why? Why would you keep playing (no you didn't explain why good enough for me to see why)

Second..."I'm a hardcore PvPer"   Whatever dude....

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

"1. because B&S is a tab targeting game, it's execution is different but still tab targeting."

Wut?  For a guy named "stayontarget", you don't seem to know what "targeting" means.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Korean developers just seem to not understand certain things.

They copied game formulas from West but half got lost in translation.

They don't really understand MMO combat, it is always a mish-mash of console gameplay and some light MMO elements.

They don't really understand lore and storytelling, they don't seem to understand how immersion ties into the story, and how roleplaying works.

Frankly I don't think Korean developers understand game development as a whole. I have never seen a good game title from Korea, ever.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    For me the combat was fun for about a week then it just got boring just like all action combat mmo's for the younger crowd. You end up just doing the best moves to get to the next mob. After you figure it out which doesn't take long. Action combat in mmo's is becoming lame to me.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Hariken said:
    Action combat in mmo's is becoming lame to me.
    +1

And if people want action combat, there are hundreds of console titles that do it better.
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

And if people want action combat, there are hundreds of console titles that do it better.
    Granted I don't own a console but I haven't played a pvp game with better combat on any platform.  Not a single one, let alone "hundreds".

As for why people would want a complex combo-based action combat system in their PVP MMO- well that seems obvious.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Kiyoris said:
    Hariken said:
    +1

nah, the first time I actually enjoyed mmo combat, really enjoyed it, was Tera. I've been playing Dragon's Dogma and though it was a console title, it really works as a port. 

MMO's with action combat, for me is the only way to go.

I can't go back to the old way it's atrocious.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Action combat sucks IMO, and B&S is one of the worst to me. DAOC reactionary combat is what I loved.