Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

P2w and star citizen

1235»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    goobsnews said:
     playing LoD,
    I doubt that anyone here is playing that ;-)  except for one user ;-)

http://steamcharts.com/app/266620

Have fun
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Erillion said:
    goobsnews said:
     playing LoD,
    I doubt that anyone here is playing that ;-)  except for one user ;-)

http://steamcharts.com/app/266620

Have fun
    Then why is that the go-to comeback for WK shills?
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    CrazKanuk said:

Have fun! :)
    Welcome to the Dark Side, CrazKanuk ;-)

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    The attacks just keep on coming. Kind of sad that is all they have with majority of arguments when it comes to SC and CR. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    goobsnews said:
    Brenics said:
    The attacks just keep on coming. Kind of sad that is all they have with majority of arguments when it comes to SC and CR. 
    That's the only thing they have left. God knows they don't want to play the game they're defending to their last breath. I actually laughed when that poll about the "is the amount of star citizens being lied about poll blah blah" thread went up.

Yeah, cuz they have 1 MILLION shitizens and less than 10k play in the PU or AC.  Anyone who thinks they have a million people backing the game while only 10 thousand are actually playing on non free to play time slots are really delusional.
    Couldn't agree more. Just have a weird feeling CR and his wife are starting to set things up so they can just shut everything down. Time will tell!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Brenics said:
    goobsnews said:
    Brenics said:
    That's the only thing they have left. God knows they don't want to play the game they're defending to their last breath. I actually laughed when that poll about the "is the amount of star citizens being lied about poll blah blah" thread went up.

Yeah, cuz they have 1 MILLION shitizens and less than 10k play in the PU or AC.  Anyone who thinks they have a million people backing the game while only 10 thousand are actually playing on non free to play time slots are really delusional.
    Couldn't agree more. Just have a weird feeling CR and his wife are starting to set things up so they can just shut everything down. Time will tell!
    Well, they have people "donating" thousands of dollars to a single player/co-op game right now they intend in 3 marketable releases. They'll need to start from scratch, with an engine which doesn't yet exist, to make persistent universe, multi-crew starship Star Citizen, which might be completed sometime in 15 years. But that's ok, say many people, because you just don't understand game development. tm
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I don't think they'll shut down and take off with the money.  At worst they will release a minimal game and say more content will be released over time.  At the very worst they will be in eternal alpha or beta after they release on Steam.  To be fair, at the best SQ42 and SC could be big hits making the money they take in now look like chump change.  Time will tell more then debate at this point.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    edited February 2016
    A quick salute to the Citizens on the RSI forums (never thought I'd do this) - a guy was trolling with really offensive comments there yesterday and the forum citizens handled it with class and humour :-) GJ fellow gamers.
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    A quick salute to the Citizens on the RSI forums (never thought I'd do this) - a guy was trolling with really offensive comments there yesterday and the forum citizens handled it with class and humour :-) GJ fellow gamers.
    If you're referring to Victorion, he was a $500 who had a meltdown. The $7000+ backers on the private forums insulting Lando was a better show.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    CrazKanuk said:
    goobsnews said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    goobsnews said:
    Erillion said:
    goobsnews said:
    I like how this is actually a debate. If this game actually coming out in some sort of form that isn't janky flying, clipping through walls/ships, fps that actually works, the game not being a giant turd, etc, I'm going to love all the crying of people trying to leave the starting area and just being wrecked by dozens of idris's just camping and pre firing into the ships as they load onto the platforms.
    Has anyone ever told you about the no fire zones in Star Citizen ?

Have fun
    You mean the ones where people are hovering just out of then firing onto the landing platforms to kill the ships before they have a chance to take off? Yeah I've heard of them, apparently not doing so well either. Not to mention people just colliding into others in the cheapest ship you can buy just to grief people. Is that working as intended too Lando?
    Lol, yes, because we should expect a new game, not even released, to solve griefing problems which have existed for like a decade in EVE. 

I'd call you Derek, but your arguments aren't intelligent enough. 
    Yeah, your only comebacks are accusing people of being Derek Smart or playing LoD, we get it. Get some help dude.

Lol, it's sad you're not intelligent enough to read more than one sentence at a time. Here I'll make it easier for you and paste the original sentence I said below so it's the last thing you read. 

Lol, yes, because we should expect a new game, not even released, to solve griefing problems which have existed for like a decade in EVE. 
    You could also look at it as the griefing problem has had ample evidence of existence for over a decade, and they took no notice of it in their design.  While I am never surprised by incompetence on Roberts' part, you'd think they'd maybe not want to reinvent the wheel.  I suspect they can barely get things to go as it is, so perhaps that's the reason.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Eadan1 said:
    Umm, ok. To you, there are legitimate 3rd party gold sellers. To me, there are not. The legality is unimportant to me. Who is to blame is unimportant to me. It goes against almost all games rules and guidelines and players are often banned if they are caught using them. 

The original point was that selling stuff officially will affect the 3rd party gold market. And it will. There will be a far smaller 3rd party gold seller market in the game if they sell a vast amount of in game items and possibly credits in their official shop (credits can potentially be gotten by selling a ship you bought in a shop).

And once again, I agree that they will create a grind to help sell stuff in their shop. I don't even really know what you are arguing about, really. 
    Sorry I can't make it any more clearer than my earlier posts. Cash shop= bad, 3rd party legit goldsellers = not as bad as cash shop, grind in games= bad .
    I disagree on all points except that I will say that I am not a fan of cash shops at all, especially a Star Citizen style cash shop. However, that doesn't make them objectively "bad" to me. It's their choice to do what they will with their payment model and my choice to not partake.

On a side note, it's really strange to me that you are so blatantly open about not only buying gold from 3rd party websites, but holding an opinion that they are actually a good thing. It's fine if you hold that opinion, but to me at least, that's a trashy way to get an advantage in MMORPGs.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Not to mention players who farm gold and sell to farmers for spending money.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Adjuvant1 said:
    If you're referring to Victorion, he was a $500 who had a meltdown. The $7000+ backers on the private forums insulting Lando was a better show.
    Yeah, then cobblers got banned for necro'ing an old thread. Lmao, cig mods.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    goobsnews said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Yeah, then cobblers got banned for necro'ing an old thread. Lmao, cig mods.

Cobblers got banned? He was harmless, just some guy poking silly fun at birds in a space game.  The mods are certainly irrational on RSI.

Swamp boy Lando deserves everything he gets. Being a "VIP" backer and having a member of staff get all condescending on you must be quite annoying. Although perhaps Lando is right, perhaps he honestly feels that people who spend $7000 on an unmade computer game only deserve condescension.
This discussion has been closed.