Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a big SW fan but I enjot sci fi and pvp

Hi, im not a huge fan of sw, but I do enjoy pvp.

Im wondering if its worth trying this game out.

Is there any pros or cons to winning or losing at pvp?

I there pvp fun? is there open world pvp?

Also can we fight other players in space?

Comments

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    There's no real consequence for winning or losing in PvP and its intentional.
    PvP is not fun and there is no open world PvP aside from a a couple of zones nobody ever goes to.
    Yes, you can fight others in space but its any fun either.
    Basically PvP in this game is an absolute joke.  If it's PvP fun you're after these are not the droids you're looking for.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Do you enjoy being stun locked until you die?  If so, then SWTOR PVP is for you!

Seriously, though, the amount of CC that each and every class has available to them in this game is absurd.  Most fights come down to whoever gets the first CC off and then they can chain CC you until you're dead.

I leveled a Commando and a Shadow from 10-55 through nothing but PVP.  Got off the starter planet and started queuing for matches.  I earned full sets of top tier PVP gear on both of them and even earned enough PVP points that I have full sets of PVP gear for several companions.

As a shadow, I never lost a fight that I started.  If I was able to attack someone out of stealth, then they might as well walk away from their keyboard.  Everything after the first attack was just a formality cause they'd be stun locked the rest of the "fight".  I constantly roamed alone looking for stragglers or stealth defending doors and control points.

With the commando I stuck with the group and didn't roam alone.  I let the Melee monkeys charge in and then I stuck back and hammered the bad guys with ammo while keeping my stealth spotting AoE probes out every time they were off of cooldown.  Hammershot is an OP ability in PVP, it let me steal thousands of kills from my team mates because it does a steady stream of constant damage.  It's very easy to do the last tick of damage on this class.

All of this being said, I have zero desire to ever PVP in this game again.  It's a completely broken, gear based system that rewards highly geared players with a steady stream of easy kills while simultaneously demoralizing new players.