Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowdfunded Ant Simulator cancelled

Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

Disappointing for the guy but endemic of the field lately.

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    You would think he could get a judgement that would punish the embezzlers and allow him to take control of the company and continue his work on ant simulator.  I would also think that kickstarter would have a vested interest in pursuing legal action against the perpetrators or at least assisting this poor guy. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well sorry about the life learning curve but i learned very early in life to not trust anyone.
    I still remember my first day with a boss driving to the job site when i was 19 years old,he was drilling me with questions,one of which  asked if my family screwed each other over.I looked at him very oddly and said no,he was like well your family is not normal,everyone is out to rip each other off in this world.

Over time especially in the work place ,i soon realized how common it was that people cut throat and will do anything to screw you over to better themselves.This common trend in people is not only working with other people but even as simple as visiting websites where they run tons of cookies  and adware well beyond what they need,they are simply using you.You go to buy something,business like to toss up the big SALE signs/stickers when in reality those sales are what prices should be in the first place.

Bottom line is people don't care about other people,it is all ME ME and screw everyone else.Hopefully this guy learned a big lesson in life,don't trust ANYONE.
    I guess in a an odd way the whole computer/gaming industry is breeding naive people because they are home bodies or locked up in their basement coding,they don't get out and experience life enough surrounded by many cultures and types of people. I watch twitch Streamers and in the middle of the summer 99% are all white as a ghost,they don't even leave the house,it really is sad to see.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Thanks for posting about this, Adjuvant1. Although this isn't actually a crowdfunded game. He Kickstarted a game development tutorial, and he certainly did that, although I can't tell if the extent was what was promised (I'm not a backer).

Wizardry, people aren't all out to get you, and they can help you. The trick is knowing who to trust. I'd say that business people are generally less trustworthy, and when a developer like this is joined by two business people, and that's what forms the company, that's a recipe for disaster. (A technical or creative person generally puts interest in work first, while a business person puts money first.)
  • lurleenalurleena Member UncommonPosts: 22
    He is been honest to those people who pre- ordered and this can happen at times you don't expect. What is important is that if they will refund the money.