Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Busted lol

RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    "What we have seen on our side is that this has created a large increase in players creating characters just to get the armor sets, and then deleting those characters."

Why would that make you sad? Clearly players are exploiting the system. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    edited January 2016
    Sovrath said:
    "What we have seen on our side is that this has created a large increase in players creating characters just to get the armor sets, and then deleting those characters."

Because it will all be Bind on Pickup after change.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Roin said:
    Sovrath said:

Because it will all be Bind on Pickup after change.
    good.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    For once... A restriction thats a good thing...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Agree
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Sovrath said:

Actually this is another example of what they are doing with kotfe, saying "we will do this" but then realizing they messed up something and then change it into something else. It only shows that they never actually think before doing something. A lot of us said "just make them craftable gears" and they said "we want to reward players for playing and not make it unnecessary chore", which by the way did not make any sense to me, it was like we were saying something and they were listening something else. And now they are doing what we said they should have done months ago before release. I hope now they don't change decision again and put them in cash shop instead of crafting schematic. 

Also it is not exploit, they wanted us to create characters and transfer those gears around once we get better gear. They intended it that way but then again they did not "foresee" that people would use 60 boost token to create-transfer-delete cycle and create a mess, you know how it is with EAWare Austin...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Too funny i just commented on a similar situation based on the idea of bound to character ideas in games.To me it says clueless developer like a total noob on game design,there should NEVER be bound to player ideas in games.The ideal is not a realistic scenario,why can't that gear be sold or worn by other players ,what is the plausible reasoning other than you fear game exploitation?Make a better game design then,bind to players is a cop out on game design skills,it says you don't know wtf your doing so we will take the easy approach and not have to think about it.

Developers create these scenarios based on greed or trying to enforce CS use or trying to create some grind or trying to get players to buy into new characters or whatever idea,it is always brought on by themselves.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Sinsai said:
    Agree
    Is it really a bad thing though? It's not the best level 60 gear. I more or less grabbed it for it looks then decided well why not collect them all. Even though I have no plans to use some of them as I find them quite ugly. It started out as a that looks good moment. Then it was I wonder if you can do that with a 60 token. 

All in all I don't see how it hurts anything. I have 4 characters capable of crafting better stuff, and I'm the laziest crafter on JC server. It's BoL so not like I can put it up on market. It has no real value to NPC merchants. Can only be used for Outfit studio after hitting 60. It takes up storage space as it can't be put into collections. The stuff you pick up between start of Rishi and end of Ziost is arguably better.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Wizardry said:
    Too funny i just commented on a similar situation based on the idea of bound to character ideas in games.To me it says clueless developer like a total noob on game design,there should NEVER be bound to player ideas in games.The ideal is not a realistic scenario,why can't that gear be sold or worn by other players ,what is the plausible reasoning other than you fear game exploitation?Make a better game design then,bind to players is a cop out on game design skills,it says you don't know wtf your doing so we will take the easy approach and not have to think about it.

Developers create these scenarios based on greed or trying to enforce CS use or trying to create some grind or trying to get players to buy into new characters or whatever idea,it is always brought on by themselves.

Hey if they are exploiting, bound is a good quick and easy solution.  
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Roin said:
    Sinsai said:
    Agree
    Is it really a bad thing though? It's not the best level 60 gear. I more or less grabbed it for it looks then decided well why not collect them all. Even though I have no plans to use some of them as I find them quite ugly. It started out as a that looks good moment. Then it was I wonder if you can do that with a 60 token. 

All in all I don't see how it hurts anything. I have 4 characters capable of crafting better stuff, and I'm the laziest crafter on JC server. It's BoL so not like I can put it up on market. It has no real value to NPC merchants. Can only be used for Outfit studio after hitting 60. It takes up storage space as it can't be put into collections. The stuff you pick up between start of Rishi and end of Ziost is arguably better.
    What we want is the look of the gears not the stats, right? Then the best thing would be to just have them as crafted schematic from the beginning. But as usual they did something they did not think through. So now they are fixing the mess, just as they always do. My fear is that if we say something more they will just put them in cash shop instead as very rare item in gambling boxes.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

waynejr2 said:
    Wizardry said:

Hey if they are exploiting, bound is a good quick and easy solution.  
    It was not exploiting, it was intended but players as usual went overboard with it due to the unique class fantasy based look of the gears, stats if these gears are crap at best. This is just another instance where EAWare Austin realized they fucked up...

Roin said:
    Sinsai said:
    Agree

What we want is the look of the gears not the stats, right? Then the best thing would be to just have them as crafted schematic from the beginning. But as usual they did something they did not think through. So now they are fixing the mess, just as they always do. My fear is that if we say something more they will just put them in cash shop instead as very rare item in gambling boxes.
    I'd be all for a temp NPC that let me trade them in for schematics of them. I only really care about the Consular, Bounty Hunter, and Sith Warrior ones. I would even take a you keep them as BoL but we remove all stats from them option. I don't really need/want the stats. Just the look.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.