Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Gamer Blade & Soul review. 5/10.

12345679»

Comments

• Kylenz10Kylenz10 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Nice, now all toxic players can stay away from the game while im enjoying it :)

For real, most here are like : "I dont like this , so no one should be enjoying it", here a spoiler for you; Not everyone have the same taste/liking, just deal with it 
  • sluggerfacesluggerface Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I won't say that the pve isn't dull, but calling it somewhat of a slog is laughable. The game is very generous in terms of its mob xp to quest xp ratio. It takes less than 15 hours to hit 45, and that doesn't involve spending a dime on cash shop consumables. 

That's considerably quicker to hit cap than say, something like league of legends (summoner level 30). 

There's no reason you have to do every daily/sidequest. People just don't like the old school mentality of mob grinding, even if it's 100 times more efficient than traditional quest hopping.

My only real complaint with this review, other than the fact that it doesn't even begin to remotely touch on everything the game actually presents the player (Economy driven progression, Faction PvP/3v3's, the actual pve end-game available right now and it's difficulty compared to the rest of the game). 

Is this little criticism right here. 

"Monsters or objects that you need for quests are available to everyone, not just you, which can make questing in crowded zones a nightmare as there’s no way to share the progress you earn from killing monsters with other players unless you group together. You can switch between "channels" in hopes of finding an instance of a zone that isn't as populated, but it's an inelegant solution to a problem that was solved years ago, made even more puzzling when you realize that the many bosses found wandering the zones will share their rewards equally whether you kill them as part of a group or not."

Highlighted for emphasis. Now, I apologize if this has been discussed before, but in the amount of time it takes you to alt click and pick a new channel, you could have just invited the people that are doing the exact same quest as you. 

Sure, given how asocial the typical mmo gamer is nowadays, there's a chance the people you're inviting can't slam the "N" key on their keyboard fast enough, in which case you wasted precious seconds you could have spent switching to a less populated channel. But in the case that even one person accepted your invite, your ability to progress through the content becomes considerably faster (all quest collections are shared between the party. aka, pick 10 flowers from the ground. one player picks 10 flowers, all 6 members get full credit), and with the traditional hub to hub setup, the people you invite are more than a 100% likely on the exact same quest interval as you. 

Now, is this not fair? Why should someone be rewarded for their asocial tendencies as much as someone willing to cooperate and make friends with other players on a massively multiplayer online game?

Again, not saying the actual quest content present isn't dull, it is. I just don't think complaining about mob tags is a valid criticism, they exist for a reason.  
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited February 2016
    azurrei said:
    Vesavius said:
    I uninstalled as soon as I saw a lock box monitization model, but to complain about wobbly tits is just Feminist agenda whining. The guy needs to go write for Buzzfeed.
    It is interesting that you say it has a lockbox model...when in reality it doesn't.  Yeah, you open up lock boxes in the game for class weapons (that is it) and you can take a shortcut and buy a guaranteed key off the cash shop (which is also purchasable with cash shop currency earned in game) if you have really bad luck or don't have time to try more than a few times...but you don't have to.  I don't view this as a lockbox model at all, personally - hell, GW2 is way more of a lockbox monetization model than this game.  In other words, they are not selling lockboxes that have a .00001% chance to get that rare cosmetic item like the vast majority of other F2P/B2P games...they sell keys that are 100% not mandatory and only serve to save you a little bit of time.
    And now today we give you.

LOCKBOXES witch a change to win an EXCITING cosmetic item or....... a  HP potion.
    And all just for just 150 NCoinz !
    Sorry dude i think you just got OWNED hard. should find a nurse..

And most of the stuff in the store is expensive as crap to.
    1399 nc coin for an outfit.  400 is 5$ you do the math
    400, 800, 1200, DAMN  i need to buy 400 more better get the 1600 for 20$ then so i have 200 left that buy you nothing so you have to add just a little bit more.

but unfortunately it WORKS i even see lots peeps with the "365 day premium" outfit
    Witch i think is 9999 witch  is 115$

I played the korean BETA years ago and even that back then had more content.
    But at least this way pees will buy them LOCKboxes to get moon water transformation stones to upgrade your weapon.

Milk it milk it, (and u tought that was an EA invention)
    Same thing with devilian limit the content have peeps upgrade stuff that gets useless as soon as the rest of the "content" opens and your upgraded shit gets useless sso you have to upgrade again.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Ryukan said:
    Played this game for about 5 days and uninstalled it. Waaaay too much chibi for my tastes and overall the game has about as much substance as a ketchup sandwich .
    Maybe a mayonnaise sandwich.

I ran errands for NPCs in a corridor world for about 2 days and questioned what I'm doing with my life.  This game would have been destroyed on these forums 3 years ago and now it's seen overall favorably...sad.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I'm not even going to give an absurd rating like that the dignity of a click. You're upset that a game released in 2012 didn't innovate on games released after it. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

PC Gamer and Messner in particular have officially lost all credibility.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I'm not even going to give an absurd rating like that the dignity of a click. You're upset that a game released in 2012 didn't innovate on games released after it. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

He wants to change the way games are rated starting with B&S. 
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Kylenz10 said:
    Nice, now all toxic players can stay away from the game while im enjoying it :)

For real, most here are like : "I dont like this , so no one should be enjoying it", here a spoiler for you; Not everyone have the same taste/liking, just deal with it 
    I play Samurai warriors and Dynasty Warriors.  I know exactly how you feel.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I'm enjoying BnS. It nice fun.

Imagine that, a game that's fun. Crazy, I know.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited February 2016

This is how games used to be rated. Bad games got bad scores.

You want to see my collection of old gaming magazines?

Gaming magazines used to be almost entirely paid by subscription..they had some ads in their magazine, but that was a fraction of the income.

Now online sites, entirely paid for by ads, give bad games a 7/10, otherwise they offend their sponsors.

What is the point if every game gets a 7/10?
    Torval said:

He wants to change the way games are rated starting with B&S. 
    Except he rated Darkest Dungeon a 9/10 so that pretty much throws his assertion out the window. He's not changing anything. He's just rating games he likes with high scores and those he doesn't with low scores. At least most of the other reviewers on this site give some sort of objective perspective on what they review.
    Well, I'm just telling you what he said. He also neglected the fact that it's a four year old game, but no point splitting hairs when all you care about is page hits, I suppose. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    99% CORRECT ,,except websites paid by advertising games don't give bad games a 7/10 they give them a 8+ which completely ruins their credibility.
    Games should be rated from a developer's standpoint ,how good a job did they do in each category.Most seem to think you rate a game simply be weather you like it or not.

My favorite game in the mmorpg realm is FFXI i would struggle to give it a 7/10 only a 7 because it was limited by it's PS2 platform,i give a lot of older games credit because they gave us a quality effort for the era they were made in.Now devs are giving us less than 50% of what they are capable of.Not just less than 50% but  we are now seeing lots of really stupid looking ideas and i am not about to name  the many,just tired of looking at bad game designs.

5/10 is a really accurate score for BnS,quit taking it personal,it is not YOUR game,it belongs to NCSOFT.Even though i really don't like NCSOFT and how they operate,i would have no problem giving a game by them an 8/10 if i thought it warranted it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited February 2016
    I like it. (it is boring) but i like it.
    How can you not like a game in witch you can PWN the living daylights out of DMkano ?
    Mass PVP is a no go, even with my 2 6 core Xeons and 4 GTX cards it slow down to 25FPS :pleased: 

Wizardry said:
    99% CORRECT ,,except websites paid by advertising games don't give bad games a 7/10 they give them a 8+ which completely ruins their credibility.
    Games should be rated from a developer's standpoint ,how good a job did they do in each category.Most seem to think you rate a game simply be weather you like it or not.

My favorite game in the mmorpg realm is FFXI i would struggle to give it a 7/10 only a 7 because it was limited by it's PS2 platform,i give a lot of older games credit because they gave us a quality effort for the era they were made in.Now devs are giving us less than 50% of what they are capable of.Not just less than 50% but  we are now seeing lots of really stupid looking ideas and i am not about to name  the many,just tired of looking at bad game designs.

5/10 is a really accurate score for BnS,quit taking it personal,it is not YOUR game,it belongs to NCSOFT.Even though i really don't like NCSOFT and how they operate,i would have no problem giving a game by them an 8/10 if i thought it warranted it.
    I don't take it personally. I think it's a bit hypocritical to give a game a 5/10 because he wants to rate MMO's differently. I'm glad he wants to be a trend setter, but it's a bit unfair to talk about a game that's four years old like it just launched for the first time. If he reviewed the game four years ago when it launched, would he have given it a 5/10? I seriously doubt it. 

52/100 is not an accurate score when games like SWTOR at launch, reviewed by the same publication, gets a 93/100. 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Kiyoris said:

This is how games used to be rated. Bad games got bad scores.

You want to see my collection of old gaming magazines?

Gaming magazines used to be almost entirely paid by subscription..they had some ads in their magazine, but that was a fraction of the income.

Now online sites, entirely paid for by ads, give bad games a 7/10, otherwise they offend their sponsors.

What is the point if every game gets a 7/10?
    First of all, I don't consider it a bad game.  Secondly, there is no real point if every game gets 7/10, but it's odd to suddenly give out a 5.2 because someone just decided that now is the time for some reason when the world stops putting up with solo-quest-hub leveling.