Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Visitting the old worlds with a kotfe char

i read somewhere that as soon as you activate the expansion with a character and move to the future of kotfe, you can no longer visit all the old planets with that character?

is this true?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66

That is not true, you will still be able to visit all old planets.

However as soon as you start KotFE story you will no longer be able to do some of the older missions, including class stories.

I believe this post has full list of unavailable missions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3n83yt/quick_kotfe_question_re_datacrons/cvln2os

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited January 2016
    Not true.  I maxed a toon out and finished kotfe and went to many old planets doing bounties and stuff.  The issue is you now get scaled to the level of the planet.  If you are level 65 and go to Alderaan, you get scaled down to level 29/30.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Greme said:

That is not true, you will still be able to visit all old planets.

However as soon as you start KotFE story you will no longer be able to do some of the older missions, including class stories.

I believe this post has full list of unavailable missions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3n83yt/quick_kotfe_question_re_datacrons/cvln2os

Thanks for the answer and the link.........

here a snipset of the answer

Most old content will not be blocked off. Only the following will be blocked due to choices made in these stories applying to the new content:

• Class story
    • Makeb's Rise of the Hutt Cartel story (Daily and Weekly will still be available.)
    • "Forged Alliances" / Prelude to Shadow of Revan (You will still be able to do the Flashpoints, but not the conversations in-between.)
    • Shadow of Revan storyline on Rishi and Yavin 4 (Daily and Weekly still available.)
    • Ziost storyline (Daily zone still available.)
    • EDIT: Companion stories

I think its good to know what you need to play before starting the new story content, espescially since i never played the other expansions...  And finish my companion romances...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

How much time will it take to finish all my companion stories on a character before moving to the Kotfe comtemt?

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    How much time will it take to finish all my companion stories on a character before moving to the Kotfe comtemt?
    Not much at all. Most of them are just conversation based. A few companions have quest/missions (Vette comes to mind). Just take it slow and enjoy the companion talks. Alot of them are funny and very interesting. If you want some serious laughs. Get Treek, and be dark side minded. Hilarious.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Roin said:
    Not much at all. Most of them are just conversation based. A few companions have quest/missions (Vette comes to mind). Just take it slow and enjoy the companion talks. Alot of them are funny and very interesting. If you want some serious laughs. Get Treek, and be dark side minded. Hilarious.

So what triggers the companion quest steps? 

- personal story advancement?
    - player level?
    - compannion level?

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66

- player level?
    - compannion level?

Since KOTFE release class story progression unlocks new companion conversations.

From: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

"Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression, rather than affection/influence thresholds. "

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Greme said:

- player level?
    - compannion level?

Since KOTFE release class story progression unlocks new companion conversations.

From: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

"Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression, rather than affection/influence thresholds. "

Yep this. Before KOTFE it required a certain level of affection (now called Influence) + for you to be at certain part of your overall class story. I should probably market that down as one of the things I'm glad they changed with KOTFE.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Roin said:
    Greme said:

- player level?
    - compannion level?

Yep this. Before KOTFE it required a certain level of affection (now called Influence) + for you to be at certain part of your overall class story. I should probably market that down as one of the things I'm glad they changed with KOTFE.
    So if i play my class story, i will have all the character stories finished to?

this is a good thing i guess with the new expansion ...  Prevents you from grinding old content before starting the expansion

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I had two companions bug on my BH an I cannot finish them.  Multiple people have had bugged companion stories on many different classes.  Just pray you don't hit one of them. 

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin