Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this be played as a lone wolf

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Hear me out 1st please.

I work a killer amount of hours so get indoors at funny times but I do like a medieval setting. I especially like Chivalry Med Warfare.
Now I always wanted some sort of MMO with a setting as chivalry and came across this. Im aware that its about building villages and ;likely guild V guild but can it be played if your a loner?

Also is the game moving forward or is it another EA which wont be released until 2020.

Thanks

Comments

• ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Yeah you could be a crafter too. Or just do pve stuff. Pvp might be a bit difficult. But I'm sure you could gank some people.
  • DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Thanks ber_lin

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524
    ber_lin said:
    Yeah you could be a crafter too. Or just do pve stuff. Pvp might be a bit difficult. But I'm sure you could gank some people.
    whats the crafting like? can it be done completely independent of fighting. I'm sure i'd give fighting a shot but i'm looking for a game i could just become a true artisan of a craft and make my mark on a world by being a high quality trader or sorts.

• User836User836 Member UncommonPosts: 117

Unless there is a downside to having many players in a guild I can't see that it would be impossible to find one that would be glad to have you at the sporadic times you were able to play. I'm never in the "min 14 h/ week, mandatory raids tues, thurs & sat" type of guilds and usually don't have trouble finding a fit in games I play, even open world PvP ones like Darkfall.

• ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    reid424 said:
    ber_lin said:
    whats the crafting like? can it be done completely independent of fighting. I'm sure i'd give fighting a shot but i'm looking for a game i could just become a true artisan of a craft and make my mark on a world by being a high quality trader or sorts.
    Currently there is no in game economy system really, like trading hubs and such, but there will be. You might have to do some fighting to get resources, buy many can be gotten with ease or only npc protection. But there is always risk of attack while out in the world from players, materials are scattered throughout the map, in big deposits, but also they've added a dynamic material spawning system that allows for players to find materials in seemingly random locations, so one day you'll gather a tree from spot a, then tomorrow you'll gather some iron from spot a. So there is a lot of variability.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    If I'm correct it's possible to go solo and attack players on the map from the other faction. If you're strong enough and got the right gears, I guess that doing open-world solo PvP would be viable.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Can a casual play this. I love the whole concept but can t be there at the drop of a hat all the time.
  • GV-FioreGV-Fiore Member CommonPosts: 5
    It's very casual friendly for being more geared towards the hardcore scene. PVP is a big factor, but levels do not mean everything, which means it is not necessary to grind for days in order to dominate. Playing at your own pace will not render you useless. =)