Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha gameplay videos

2»

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    filmoret said:
    deniter said:
    pegleg said:
    What year is this? Are higher def graphics really hard to achieve? Looks like Runescape in 3rd person.
    3rd person? More like 2nd person.

I hope you can zoom camera way back.

Even if they don't have it now, it will be added.

It's standard feature of modern games, and a must if you have PvP.
    Yea it looks to me they are going to keep that camera view.  It is frustrating but since everyone has to deal with it adds a whole new dynamic to the game.  Watching the videos the players have to be careful not just look at minimap to see whats going on.  Frustrating but very challenging you can easily run too far away from your group and end up alone against enemies.

@filmoret Do we know anything official about that? Even just a hint,  or technical / gameplay / whatever reason they mentioned.

A thing that comes to mind first is that there is likely much less to render (say, in mass scenes) with cam stuck in one's sitting apparatus!?
     W...aaagh?
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    crowfall will fail bc of UNITY
    So far it seems to work fine with Unity 5. Next step is to test Voxel Farm and the destructible structures. It should happen in about two months.

Here's a great video about Unity 5 plug-in for Voxel Farm :

• MaliquiMaliqui Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited January 2016
    Look up OberonCF's profile on twitch.tv and you'll see gamplay footage from all the test conducted this month, January 2016.  There's a test tomorrow, 18 January 2016, at 9 AM and another at 9 PM.  I'm pretty sure Oberon will be live streaming those as well.

Updated the first post with more recent gameplay footage.

Siege Perilous begins soon so we'll have a bunch of videos posted on Youtube about the Ranger, the structure destruction, siege weapons and other cool stuff. ^^
    Legionnaire gameplay (second vid) felt somehow repetitive and zergy!?

PS speaking of the second video: "Playback on other sites has been disabled by the video owner".
     W...aaagh?

PS speaking of the second video: "Playback on other sites has been disabled by the video owner".
    Mmm I should have tried it before posting. First time I read that someone can disable the playback on other sites.

I'll remove the second one, if you find a recent / interesting gameplay video let me know.

Mmm I should have tried it before posting. First time I read that someone can disable the playback on other sites.

I'll remove the second one, if you find a recent / interesting gameplay video let me know.
      I'd say previous couple was OK, I guess someone will make another thread for sieges anyway.
     W...aaagh?
    edited March 2016

I'd say previous couple was OK, I guess someone will make another thread for sieges anyway.
    Previous ones still had the hyperactive cameras, I was looking for the new strafing animations and in/out combat mode.

edit: found one
    edited June 2016
    A great video of the Ranger by Zybak

Post edited by Franciscourant on