Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Great Game Hunt

ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
You ever have one of those days when you wake up and log into Steam and every other gaming platform you have and nothing seems to catch your eye. You have over 500 games on Steam and have probably finished like 12 of them and you just bought 10 more because you have an addiction to the Steam sales but you only play them for about an hour before you move onto something else.

So to help with all this you just on the next great "shiny thing" , whether its a really bad MMO or another Early access Steam game and this entertains you for about 24 hours and then your back to the search.

WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD GAMES GONE, what happen to the games that use to make me forget it was a weekend and someone had to call me and tell me its Monday and I am late for work, or the anticipation of getting off work on a release day just to log in and play with friends.

Things just seem very unsatisfying in the game world now a days...

Anyone agree or am I missing a game I should be playing.

Comments

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    You clearly have too much choice, and it's weighing down on you.  With as much choice as you have every action seems like a lost opportunity no matter what you do.

Allow me to choose for you:  SpaceChem

Great puzzle game.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Yeah.. most days. XD
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • lurleenalurleena Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Taking break in playing game for a while is good sometimes.
  • sandrandsandrand Member CommonPosts: 4
    Try Lee Kee Child: http://leekeechild.uw.hu/

• mokkan88mokkan88 Member CommonPosts: 5
    I went through this period a few years ago. Sometimes game burn out just happens. I started volunteering in my community (tutoring a few hours a week at a local library homework center, then four hours teaching ESL to foreigners through another organization); ended up a Peace Corps volunteer in Tanzania (in my third year now).

Not suggesting you go that far, per se, but finding something to do outside of gaming actually helped me to (re)learn to appreciate the break that gaming gives us. Just a thought.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    I often feel the same way. I don't have as extensive a game library, maybe 70 games on steam and maybe 100-150 console games.

What I often find is that, when I can't find a game, if I "force" myself to play something, I generally either start to enjoy it quite quickly or the act of playing a game I don't like immediately helps me to decide on a different game I do want to play. 

For example, the other day I came home from work burnt out and tired. I wanted to game and I've been meaning to get into Fallout 3 as I've never played it. So, I booted it up, moved about 10 metres and then said "fuck it, I don't have the patience to commit myself to 3 hours gaming" and quit. The recognition that I wanted to game but wanted something small in timescale and low in concentration made me then boot up Dawn of War 2: Retribution and start playing Last Stand. I got a good hour of gaming in, basically 4 15min matches, which scratched my gaming itch without taking up too much time or energy. 
    Lee Kee Child - 2016 february maps launched [25 new levels]

Lee Kee Child needs to collect diamonds for completing levels.
    Some levels flies and butterflies chase him. If Lee Kee Child
    touch these little enemies he will die. Possible to
    kill enemies by dropping stones, diamonds or touch acid.
    When the butterflies die them transforms to diamonds.
    Have fun!

Play game here: http://leekeechild.uw.hu/index.php?ed=2

Watch videos here:
    [url=

[url=

[url=

• TheWzrdTheWzrd Member UncommonPosts: 5
    reminds me of boulderdash back in the day, @sandrand
    TheWzrd
    Developer, Exiles of Embermark (RPG)
    The Game | The Forums
    @exilesgame
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Most of my steam games were included as Bundles with the couple games I wanted in the Bundle. I know I will never play them, and enjoy the ones I typically play.
    I also work full time which doesn't allow me to play during the week most of the time.
    Lee Kee Child - 2016 march maps launched [25 new levels added]

Enter 2016 march maps: http://leekeechild.uw.hu/index.php?ed=3

Videos:

LeeKeeChild Construction kit

New feature in LeeKeeChild. You can build and publish your own LeeKeeChild maps.

http://leekeechild.uw.hu/leeeditor/index.php

Video:

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I have had nothing but bad experiences with Steam.....I refuse to buy any game that is associated with Steam now.
  • johndoepjohndoep Member UncommonPosts: 71
    It's probably the overwhelming amount of games you have that's keeping you from
    committing to one game to the point where you just lose all contact with the outside world.

If I had 500 games to choose from i'd have the same problem to be honest..