Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this really like darkfall?

daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361
I hated the grind in that game so much...  I couldn't do that grind again, is this the type of game where you grind?  I thought it'd be similar to LiF or Wurm Online.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nothing like DF?It looks exactly like DF with a newer skin.I would say it looks 90% like DF.

I am not saying that is a horrible thing,just that you have identical low budget games doing the exact same things.Even the forts looks the same,like those wooden log voxel forts like you see in survival games,it is all low end stuff.

If you are just looking for a manual aim game with little else going for it,this is your type of game.

When asking about grind,not sure what kind of grind your talking about ,but this game "apparently" has no gear advantages just each weapon has positives and negatives.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Wizardry said:
    Nothing like DF?It looks exactly like DF with a newer skin.I would say it looks 90% like DF.

I am not saying that is a horrible thing,just that you have identical low budget games doing the exact same things.Even the forts looks the same,like those wooden log voxel forts like you see in survival games,it is all low end stuff.

If you are just looking for a manual aim game with little else going for it,this is your type of game.

When asking about grind,not sure what kind of grind your talking about ,but this game "apparently" has no gear advantages just each weapon has positives and negatives.

For once I totally agree with you.  =)
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Nothing like it.
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I've played DF and seen videos of GV and I don't think they are similiar. IMO DF is a playable game made by professionals vs GV which looks unplayable and very amateurish and that has been under construction for the longest. I would suggest the devs of GV not to quit their daytime jobs.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Xodic said:
    DF plays more like Quake with swords and magic.

GV plays more like Mount and Blade, or War of the Roses .

Note: No, that's not a bear-man-pig, it's just a dude with a bear helmet on.

These 2 games look nothing alike nor do they play alike.

He's right however...

The combat is better in Darkfall. It's not that I prefer the Quake styled combat, its just that GV is in alpha and it has a lot of work to do in the "combat department" before it can be thrown in with DF.

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Do not compare these two games games. A better compairsion is LiF to GV.
    Darkfall is a fast paced Sandbox while GV is more slow and Magic is not a thing.
    But regardless Darkfall is now a shadow of itself, a zombie essentially.
    Still moving but dead in essence. GV entry is a 10 dollar cost, worth it to me to personally to find out if the game is your cup of tea.
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I've played DF and seen videos of GV and I don't think they are similiar. IMO DF is a playable game made by professionals vs GV which looks unplayable and very amateurish and that has been under construction for the longest. I would suggest the devs of GV not to quit their daytime jobs.
    Thats funny DF made by pros..... Not even close... There engine is trash, there programming can be hacked easily...and the game was ran by bots...Far from pros and I actually been in the development industry for gaming...  GV has no budget...and many talented programmers.... Unity is not designed for MMO's they do not have a framework, and yet  GV devs did a great  job with Unity and there  open world game so far, with no budget..

Darkfall can't even make it with big investors and two games...They are failing.... So its funny you claim they are pro's....
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Xodic said:

He's right however...

The combat is better in Darkfall. It's not that I prefer the Quake styled combat, its just that GV is in alpha and it has a lot of work to do in the "combat department" before it can be thrown in with DF.
    Xodic said:

He's right however...

DF has better combat but everything else  was trash...period...  There UI was made by an idiot...
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,184
    Wizardry said:

I played DF for 4 years and I've bough GV. They're different. Similar in some ways? Sure, but that's saying nothing.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    I hated the grind in that game so much...  I couldn't do that grind again, is this the type of game where you grind?  I thought it'd be similar to LiF or Wurm Online.

where did you hear that it was anything like darkfall? 
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,184

Darkfall 1 was in development at least 10 years prior to the beta (that I played). 3 years later they started workiing on an expansion for DF that ended up being DFUW, the current game, that took around 2 years before players joined in.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Xodic said:

He's right however...

DF has better combat but everything else  was trash...period...  There UI was made by an idiot...
    Darkfall's UI was very different from your standard MMO and it took some getting used to. The UI in the new DF is even worst but that is just my opinion, it doesn't mean anything.

GV is in alpha and the combat needs work, these are facts that nobody can disagree with.

• ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Combat need work,  but still better then Darkfalls spam fest. 
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I hated the grind in that game so much...  I couldn't do that grind again, is this the type of game where you grind?  I thought it'd be similar to LiF or Wurm Online.I

I'd compare it more to mortal online

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"