Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Co-op RPGs

ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Hey all, I am looking for some co-op RPGs (CRPG from here on out).

I'm tired of the monetizing in mmos affecting gameplay and game design and am looking for something like an RPG that I could play with a friend or two with some good, hard challenging pve encounters and/or AI.

if you have any crpgs or rpgs with multiplayer capabilities,please post them below with a plug on why they are good. Thanks!

Comments

• DeathRowInmateDeathRowInmate Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Dark Souls was ver fun playing with my brother. Have to play solo some but you can team on bosses. Its a very good game
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Cool, thanks!

and fyi, I am open to turn based, tactical(ir final fantasy tactics), action, or anything in between or beyond.

• DeathRowInmateDeathRowInmate Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Another good game is resident evil 6. It has takin alot of flak. But theres 3 diffrent stories, and theres 2 characters in each one. An AI controls your partner or you can have a eprson do it to. Has alot of that QTE crap tho. But me and my gf played it alot (shes a zombie fan) Its a shooting rpg (no levels persay, but upgrades to guns and such)
  • hidrohidro Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited January 2016
    Dying Light is a great first person survival horror RPG with coop. And it's on sale!
    Similar to Dying Light: Dead Island and sequel.

If you like turn based, perhaps pick up Baldurs Gate or Baldurs Gate 2 enhanced editions. Great games with great stories. I also really enjoyed Neverwinter Nights with my buddy.

There's also Divinity: Original Sin, which was amazing.
    More MMO/Diablo style: Path of Exile.
    Diablo 3 is another one.

There are definitely more.. my friend and I always scour the depths of the internet for good coop RPGs. Ill come back to this if I think of more.

Console Esports?
    www.supergamebowl.com

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Neverwinter 1or 2 , DivinityOS, Pillars of Eternity, Grim Dawn,Path of Exiles,Sword Coast legends ... Really lotsa of options just need to look :)
    Nice additions, thanks to both of you!
  • CevarasCevaras Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited January 2016
    I've been looking for the same thing. So far, I've come up with the following:

Divinity: Original Sin - Great story, interactions that matter, tons of strategy. It's a co-op isometric turn-based version of Skyrim.

Skyrim Tamriel Online mod - Skyrim with a friend. It still has bugs but it can work with a mild amount of additional mods.

Mass Effect 3 - I don't know much about this one. I've only heard it's good.

Two Worlds 2 - If you can get it to work, this game has the multiplayer people want out of a fantasy aRPG. You create and level a character. There is a town for your base and you go out to do quests and level. As you level, you collect gold and can upgrade your town. It has a great premise. It's just too bad Reality Pump cut corners and took a weird approach to copy authentication.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - I think this one speaks for itself. It has instance-based dungeon crawls. The approach feels very similar to a FPS/RPG hybrid but it still gives the PVE challenge you seek.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Secret of Mana, Baldur's Gate 1, Diablo 3
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    edited January 2016
    Thupli said:

Hey all, I am looking for some co-op RPGs (CRPG from here on out).

I'm tired of the monetizing in mmos affecting gameplay and game design and am looking for something like an RPG that I could play with a friend or two with some good, hard challenging pve encounters and/or AI.

if you have any crpgs or rpgs with multiplayer capabilities,please post them below with a plug on why they are good. Thanks!

Star Citizen will have a large focus on cooperative play through multi-crew ships and other mechanics.  You might take a look.  (Still in Alpha)

I know this game hasn't been released but it's starting to take some shape, and to be honest, looking like one of the most promising MMORPGs out there.

So far, the level of immersion and detail being brought to bare on this game is second to none and even in an Alpha, and thus buggy, state, you get a feeling as to how awesome this game is really shaping up to be.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
    Go with D2 LoD or NWN 1 if you do not mind older games.
    I am totally open to older games.  I have heard of NWN 1, mostly for the modding.  I have not played it before; what exactly does the modding do for it?  I have heard that there are STILL communities playing it!
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    If you want a Co-Op game check out http://www.co-optimus.com/ similar to MMORPG but for Co-Op games.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361