Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smells like Archeage 2.0

Comments

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    To the OP:  Nope

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Jacobin said:
    How is BDO even remotely a sandbox? At least in AA the housing and farming isn't instanced. If you can't do things that actually affect the world like build and destroy structures then its not a sandbox. 
    By your definition, AA isn't a sandbox either.  
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Allein said:
    Jonas_SG said:

Simply because it B2P - 50 to 70% of players will not be playing it.

Simply because there is no Open Beta - 50 to 70% of players will not be playing it.

Simply because it releases at the same time as The Division - 50 to 70% of players will not be playing it.

Black Desert population could have been 3x times of the current one, if it stayed F2P, had Open Beta and released in Early February.

F2P would require them to either alter the game design greatly and or go with a more P2W - Pay for Convenience straight out of the gates. Looking at some of the critics here, that would spell the games doom just as your issues. So guess it's a lose/lose no matter what.

Someone can get their hands on a CB key or play one of the F2P versions for less than $5-10 if they really are interested and don't want to drop a massive $30 on a risk.

Still not sure how The Division has any impact on BDO. Never heard of a FPS/tactical game pulling customers from a fantasy mmorpg. Obviously is someone enjoys both they might play one instead of the other, but they are so different that many would probably just play both when they feel like it. The Division has had a ton of critics to this point, honestly don't believe it is going to be a massive hit right away if ever.

No doubt that BDO or any product could have more customers if they did XYZ, but is what it is and playing the "what if" game doesn't accomplish much.

I know it's hard to understand for people that didn't played the game befor, but what you are getting is a F2P version of the game. They really didn't change anything for B2P version, other than adding a  label to it.

You will get the same P2W as in F2P version, they already confirmed it when they posted the cash shop list for B2P version. Players will be able to convert Real Life Money in to in-game money, and i am talking about Billions of silver that will be converted from RLM.

I understand that it's also hard to understand for you that most MMO players play different MMO's. They don't stick to just Dwarfs and Elves all the time. That's why smart Publisher nevers try to release MMO's at the same time as the others. It's bad for business since playerbase drops greatly.

And since you are living in a box, i can link you to this http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Over 950k pre-orders for The Division for PS4, Xbox1 and PC. - this is just from USA alone. 

And that was 2 weeks ago.

While at the same time Black Desert is look at only 100k pre-orders from US region - source official BDO forums.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Jonas_SG said:

I know it's hard to understand for people that didn't played the game befor, but what you are getting is a F2P version of the game. They really didn't change anything for B2P version, other than adding a  label to it.

You will get the same P2W as in F2P version, they already confirmed it when they posted the cash shop list for B2P version. Players will be able to convert Real Life Money in to in-game money, and i am talking about Billions of silver that will be converted from RLM.

I understand that it's also hard to understand for you that most MMO players play different MMO's. They don't stick to just Dwarfs and Elves all the time. That's why smart Publisher nevers try to release MMO's at the same time as the others. It's bad for business since playerbase drops greatly.

And since you are living in a box, i can link you to this http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Over 950k pre-orders for The Division for PS4, Xbox1 and PC. - this is just from USA alone. 

While at the same time Black Desert is look at only 100k pre-orders from US region - source official BDO forums.

What in the B2P BDO NA/EU shop allows RMT?

I've been playing KR BDO which is F2P and they are changing several things besides just slapping B2P as an entrance fee.

BDO thread shows 247k preorders, not sure what you are looking at. The Division for PC shows 65k.

Regardless, Division =/= BDO and just because you are torn doesn't mean the 99% of others are as well. You're the first person I've seen bring up The Division in regards to BDO in any form here, reddit, or officials.

Division seems to be another FPS with some mmo elements, but not a full blown mmo as in mmorpg, not unlike Destiny which is/was obviously a huge hit, much like most FPS type AAA games.

Not everyone has a gaming PC and current gen console to even need to decide between the two.

Releasing today, last month, or four from now would all bring different outcomes. If you are Division > BDO, have fun with it, but saying the similar release date is a major factor in BDO's future seems silly to me.

Can just as easily say "people that play video games play other types of video games and Twilight Princess has 550k preorders and launching a week before Division".... man if only they had released two weeks sooner, all those folks wouldn't be hanging out with Zelda.
  • advokat666advokat666 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Jonas_SG said:

2 Things are official about the EU / NA cash shop

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
    • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace
    Source: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

So at launch, your statement is nonsense, in the long run we will have to wait and see.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    edited February 2016
    Say whatever you want bout AA, but at least they dont run several channels/megaservers... If BDO goes with megaservers it will fall even harder then AA...
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Lahuzer said:
    Say whatever you want bout AA, but at least they dont run several channels/megaservers... If BDO goes with megaservers it will fall even harder then AA...
    So you can predict the future ?

can you tell me the loto number for next week please ?
    edited February 2016
    Rhygarth said:
    Lahuzer said:

I can go with how it went for the KR version of BDO that did the same thing. It fell like a rock down the charts and the game is dead over there. Peeps will run to the top here as well, but when they see how megaservers kill endgame, that right now is PVP, (there is nowhere near enough PVE to sustain and please the PVE crowd) players will look for a new "fix" and leave BDO. But only time will tell ofc. But it happened in KR and will prolly go down the same here IF they choose megaserver with "20" channels for each region. Had AA done the same it wouldn't even have any players now. Thank God they didn't do that at least.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Lahuzer said:
    Rhygarth said:
    Lahuzer said:

I can go with how it went for the KR version of BDO that did the same thing. It fell like a rock down the charts and the game is dead over there. Peeps will run to the top here as well, but when they see how megaservers kill endgame, that right now is PVP, (there is nowhere near enough PVE to sustain and please the PVE crowd) players will look for a new "fix" and leave BDO. But only time will tell ofc. But it happened in KR and will prolly go down the same here IF they choose megaserver with "20" channels for each region. Had AA done the same it wouldn't even have any players now. Thank God they didn't do that at least.
    This has been a strong topic on the BDO forums so hopfuly they will listen
    also its all speculation that they will have "20" channels
    we will see how it turns out .

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Allein said:
    Jonas_SG said:

I've been playing KR BDO which is F2P and they are changing several things besides just slapping B2P as an entrance fee.

BDO thread shows 247k preorders, not sure what you are looking at. The Division for PC shows 65k.

Regardless, Division =/= BDO and just because you are torn doesn't mean the 99% of others are as well. You're the first person I've seen bring up The Division in regards to BDO in any form here, reddit, or officials.

Division seems to be another FPS with some mmo elements, but not a full blown mmo as in mmorpg, not unlike Destiny which is/was obviously a huge hit, much like most FPS type AAA games.

Not everyone has a gaming PC and current gen console to even need to decide between the two.

Releasing today, last month, or four from now would all bring different outcomes. If you are Division > BDO, have fun with it, but saying the similar release date is a major factor in BDO's future seems silly to me.

Can just as easily say "people that play video games play other types of video games and Twilight Princess has 550k preorders and launching a week before Division".... man if only they had released two weeks sooner, all those folks wouldn't be hanging out with Zelda.
    Pretty sure he's not read the announcement about the changes and has been trolling this forum for weeks because of it.

Also I really don't think the Division is big competition for BDO.  The games are very different.
    edited February 2016
    Rhygarth said:
    Lahuzer said:
    Rhygarth said:
    Lahuzer said:

Well, it will prolly be even more then 20. Right now on KR there is for instance 26 channels, and none of them are crowded. You don't have to be a genius to figure out how this will kill GvG etc. But your right, we don't know if Daum will go for Mega, but even if they went with multiservers, those multiservers will have 1-5 channels each. Its way better then 20+ ofc, but still not as good as AA has with no channels in their open world. And that's what this thread is about. So either way. BDO will not be a new AA. Maybe it can fall as AA did, but for different reasons. BDOs downfall I think will be if they go with megaservers. AA fell mostly because of a horrible p2w cash shop. A mystery that Trion haven't put enough pressure on XL Games to fix that yet.
    Allein said:

If you played the KR version, why don't you post the thing that they are changing then. I'd like to see if you are a troll or not.

Division has 950k+ Pre-orders among 3 platforms. If it's to hard to count use the calculator.

Most MMO's are different but they are still MMO's and draw the numbers from the same crowed. And no The Division is not an FPS, it's an MMORPG. 

And let me point out, the RPG element in The Division is about 10 times bigger then in Black Desert, because The Division has an actual story, unlike the Black Desert, where you follow a sociopathic black spirit, that makes you kill everything that you come across. It's the most frakt up story i have ever read in MMO games. 

Jonas_SG said:

2 Things are official about the EU / NA cash shop

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
    • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace
    Source: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

So at launch, your statement is nonsense, in the long run we will have to wait and see.

It is exactly on players like you, that Daum EU will make a fortune. 

Jonas_SG said:
    Allein said:

If you played the KR version, why don't you post the thing that they are changing then. I'd like to see if you are a troll or not.

Division has 950k+ Pre-orders among 3 platforms. If it's to hard to count use the calculator.

Most MMO's are different but they are still MMO's and draw the numbers from the same crowed. And no The Division is not an FPS, it's an MMORPG. 

And let me point out, the RPG element in The Division is about 10 times bigger then in Black Desert, because The Division has an actual story, unlike the Black Desert, where you follow a sociopathic black spirit, that makes you kill everything that you come across. It's the most frakt up story i have ever read in MMO games. 

It's quite simple what they are changing.  No items to increase your chance of upgrade in the shop, but more importantly you can't sell stuff on the auction house.  That means no real money to in-game currency conversion, which means no p2w.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Speaking only for myself, if BDO was FtP I would not play it.

Interesting to see The Division mentioned so often, as it is the other game I have pre-ordered and am looking forward to. But for very different reasons. 
    edited February 2016

Jonas_SG said:

It's quite simple what they are changing.  No items to increase your chance of upgrade in the shop, but more importantly you can't sell stuff on the auction house.  That means no real money to in-game currency conversion, which means no p2w.

Those items will only show up during the later expansions, so they won't be in the game for at least 5-6 month yet, and when that time comes they will add them regardless of what they said now. Because they will find a 100500 reasons to do it.

They said you can sell cash shop item on Auction House, just not at the launch.

You know the joke about this statement, right? - is that launch phase is the least profitable for P2W. Since the cap is +15 ( everyone can get there in few weeks tops) and there is no Boss Armor or Zaka weapons.

Launch phase is the most balanced part in this whole game. And when Media and later Valancia comes - this game will turn in P2W armor grind fest. Because P2W players will take lead with +18, +19 items, while the scrubs will turn in to no - lifer while desperately trying to catch up grinding 10 hours pr day every day, and everyone else who doesn't have the time to grind, will quit, because getting 1-shoted in PvP will not be fun.

I have seen this on Russian server, it will be the same here.

Of course there will always be carebears that avoid PvP - i don't know why they would come to Black Desert. Pixels are just Pixels at the end.

• Miffi89Miffi89 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Lahuzer said:
    Rhygarth said:
    Lahuzer said:
    Rhygarth said:
    Lahuzer said:

Well, it will prolly be even more then 20. Right now on KR there is for instance 26 channels, and none of them are crowded. You don't have to be a genius to figure out how this will kill GvG etc. But your right, we don't know if Daum will go for Mega, but even if they went with multiservers, those multiservers will have 1-5 channels each. Its way better then 20+ ofc, but still not as good as AA has with no channels in their open world. And that's what this thread is about. So either way. BDO will not be a new AA. Maybe it can fall as AA did, but for different reasons. BDOs downfall I think will be if they go with megaservers. AA fell mostly because of a horrible p2w cash shop. A mystery that Trion haven't put enough pressure on XL Games to fix that yet.
    They are actually looking into dynamic servers. The example given is that there will be enough channels to support the players logged in at any current moment. So there will most like be 3-5 when it launches and as more players which to log in, the server will know to open more channels.As people log off and the player base decreases during the day, those channels will be closed and players transferred into the currently open channels. I prefer servers, but this seems like a good compromise.
    edited February 2016
    Jonas_SG said:

Daum has been pretty open about the changes they are making for NA/EU. They did a big survey after CB1 and from the results they'll be doing at least the linked info below and have said they will also be looking into the gear scaling concerns for late game. As the two land/content expansions won't be coming for a bit, I assume we'll hear something later on.

Funny you're throwing the "troll" term around when you are typing misinformation and seem to have no reason to be in this forum beyond being critical of a game you seem to have no future/hope for.

It's nice that you can see the future, not everyone has the ability. I'll enjoy the game for what it is today and deal with what comes later, like every other online game I've played over the last 20 years.

If you have no faith in the company, that's on you, seems pretty pointless to be wasting so much time being critical of it.

WoW's Legion will pull in several more million than The Division. Will The Division shut down when that happens? Since they'll release months apart I guess Legion will have zero impact.

If you think a Tom Clancy game + friends = WoW, GW2, EQ, BDO that's your view. To me it is a FPSRPG and attracts a particular demographic within the MMO community. Many of us like different types of games, but then there are folks that only play games with XYZ (fantasy, scifi, guns, console, PC, etc).

Plenty of fans to go around.

Have watched several hours of The Division beta and yet to see the deep immersive story, but I know it's just beta...If that's what gets you to log in, sweet.

Enjoy your wasted time ragging on BDO =)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8044-updated-v20-bounty-hunters-karma-and-flagging-discussion/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/7363-pm-diary-21-party-system-and-energy-changes/

Edit: Seems you played BDO RU. Did you play KR at all? RU is not run by Daum and seems to have issues thanks to those in control of it. Your baggage with RU might be blinding you to any other possibilities with the product in other markets.

Unfortunate that so many had a bad experience with AA that other games now have to deal with the backlash.

If I went that route, I would have stopped playing these games in 2002 or so.
    edited February 2016
    Jonas_SG said:
    Jonas_SG said:

Those items will only show up during the later expansions, so they won't be in the game for at least 5-6 month yet, and when that time comes they will add them regardless of what they said now. Because they will find a 100500 reasons to do it.

You know the joke about this statement, right? - is that launch phase is the least profitable for P2W. Since the cap is +15 ( everyone can get there in few weeks tops) and there is no Boss Armor or Zaka weapons.

Launch phase is the most balanced part in this whole game. And when Media and later Valancia comes - this game will turn in P2W armor grind fest. Because P2W players will take lead with +18, +19 items, while the scrubs will turn in to no - lifer while desperately trying to catch up grinding 10 hours pr day every day, and everyone else who doesn't have the time to grind, will quit, because getting 1-shoted in PvP will not be fun.

Of course there will always be carebears that avoid PvP - i don't know why they would come to Black Desert. Pixels are just Pixels at the end.

Yeesh, sounds like a nightmare.  Why would Daum want to turn their game into a nightmare?

B2P + P2W has never been done before, and probably for good reason.  I'm not sure it will be very profitable for them.

Well, even if all you say is true, and there's no way for sure to tell it will come true, I guess I'll just have to have 4-5 months of fun in this game before it turns into the ultimate p2w Apocalypse.

Post edited by holdenhamlet on
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    edited February 2016
    Benjola said:

- Second most lucrative group are the players that are in it to play dress up for the most part.
    Only two words need to be said: Cosmetic items.
    Some psychologist should explain to the rest of us what the infatuation with playing dress-up in these games is.

Every Asian MMO spends half its budget on a barbie simulator.

I get porn, I get men like to look at women, but grown men paying a lot of real money to dress up their own female character, it's creepy as hell.
    Waterlily said:
    Some psychologist should explain to the rest of us what the infatuation with playing dress-up in these games is.

Every Asian MMO spends half its budget on a barbie simulator.

I get porn, I get men like to look at women, but grown men paying a lot of real money to dress up their own female character, it's creepy as hell.
    Totally agree, but to each their own and if costumes allow me to not pay extra cash, all good.

So funny all the folks up in arms with gender/aged locked characters and then a billion guys spending crazy hours perfecting their 12 year old looking characters. Clearly we aren't all on the same page.

Gotta love the vain and creepy.
    Allein said:
    Jonas_SG said:

Daum has been pretty open about the changes they are making for NA/EU. They did a big survey after CB1 and from the results they'll be doing at least the linked info below and have said they will also be looking into the gear scaling concerns for late game. As the two land/content expansions won't be coming for a bit, I assume we'll hear something later on.

Funny you're throwing the "troll" term around when you are typing misinformation and seem to have no reason to be in this forum beyond being critical of a game you seem to have no future/hope for.

It's nice that you can see the future, not everyone has the ability. I'll enjoy the game for what it is today and deal with what comes later, like every other online game I've played over the last 20 years.

If you have no faith in the company, that's on you, seems pretty pointless to be wasting so much time being critical of it.

WoW's Legion will pull in several more million than The Division. Will The Division shut down when that happens? Since they'll release months apart I guess Legion will have zero impact.

If you think a Tom Clancy game + friends = WoW, GW2, EQ, BDO that's your view. To me it is a FPSRPG and attracts a particular demographic within the MMO community. Many of us like different types of games, but then there are folks that only play games with XYZ (fantasy, scifi, guns, console, PC, etc).

Plenty of fans to go around.

Have watched several hours of The Division beta and yet to see the deep immersive story, but I know it's just beta...If that's what gets you to log in, sweet.

Enjoy your wasted time ragging on BDO =)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8044-updated-v20-bounty-hunters-karma-and-flagging-discussion/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/7363-pm-diary-21-party-system-and-energy-changes/

Edit: Seems you played BDO RU. Did you play KR at all? RU is not run by Daum and seems to have issues thanks to those in control of it. Your baggage with RU might be blinding you to any other possibilities with the product in other markets.

Unfortunate that so many had a bad experience with AA that other games now have to deal with the backlash.

If I went that route, I would have stopped playing these games in 2002 or so.

Why don't you post the changes instead of  links, that make Eu/NA worth having B2P titel? You keep on dodging this question, so of course i will call you a troll.

RU or KR, they are both F2P versions. So it doesn't matter which version i choose to compare to, since they are both F2P.

Jonas_SG said:

Yeesh, sounds like a nightmare.  Why would Daum want to turn their game into a nightmare?

B2P + P2W has never been done before, and probably for good reason.  I'm not sure it will be very profitable for them.

Well, even if all you say is true, and there's no way for sure to tell it will come true, I guess I'll just have to have 4-5 months of fun in this game before it turns into the ultimate p2w Apocalypse.

Not 4-5, but 1-2 Month. Once they upgrade the game to +16 to +20 gear enchants, they will release the P2W Dragon. You don't believe it, because you don't realise how much Money P2W will bring them.

The 1-2 Month grace periode is there to suck people in to the game and never let go.

Jonas_SG said:

Why don't you post the changes instead of  links, that make Eu/NA worth having B2P titel? You keep on dodging this question, so of course i will call you a troll.

RU or KR, they are both F2P versions. So it doesn't matter which version i choose to compare to, since they are both F2P.

If you don't understand the impact that different regions/publishers have, not sure I can make sense to you. Not all F2P games are created equal and having different folks in control makes a lot of difference most of the time.

Currently, BDO's NA/EU B2P model can work assuming they continue to adapt the KR version for these markets.

The cash shop and details they've announced are not P2W and there isn't RMT.

Daum seems receptive and I see it pretty poor business to go for the short B2P entrance fee and not the long term milk customers for all their love of vanity/convenience that games like GW2 do well from. People are buying the $100 package for a costume. 

Not sure what I am dodging, I simply don't pretend to know the future like you and rather go by the facts as is. My opinion =/= fact.

A month from launch they could completely change things, but makes little sense as the NA/EU player bases aren't going to accept it. They have and will continue to voice their issues and I don't see the majority being blind sided by anything that might happen, just a bunch of angry folks leaving with their cash.

While they've said they'd look into gear scaling, who knows what they'll really do. To me it makes a lot more sense to balance upper end gear/levels/content and continue to get people actually playing and paying for pets, costumes, hair style changes than rely on whales picking up the tab after the masses flee.

You seem to be basing your entire view on what you think will happen, which obviously makes sense, but isn't fact. I'll stick to the facts pertaining to NA/EU as is and if things change, I'll go from there. Games aren't that serious and if a month or two down the line I am no longer happy, uninstall, move on.

If the average pre-order is $50, they are already looking at $12 million. While I'm sure it was costly to do translations and adapt for other markets, $12 million is more than some games cost to create in the first place and they are already in KR/JP/RU. This is before people pick it up after launch and all the non-P2W items people will buy initially and overtime.

If that is all Daum wants to make before running everyone off, so be it, but hopefully they actually want to make a long term profit.