Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game doesn't seem like it should be pick of 2015...

2»

Comments

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Albatroes said:
    Top picks will always be subjective. I agree that the game is a good experience for someone just starting into the game and maybe a little bit after cap, but the mileage will vary completely after that. Critics honestly aren't going to sink months into a game to properly cover how good the game is in the long run (at least not the same person), so some people may be fine with certain activities currently in play in the game and some may not. The same with every game. What cannot be denied in that the game is on a pretty consistent schedule over producing SOMETHING to do every quarter which can be said more so than other games. Its subjective opinion if the content being put out is good or not.
    Right now some of the problems developers are failing to continue to explore and solve are grouping and community building, community content integration, and world building systems.  A few are trying, but the entire MMORPG developer community needs to get in on it and start getting out of the rut they've ran themselves into.

It would also help if we didn't have the video game version of inception/inbreeding happening with art design and game systems.  
  • CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    So FFXIV is my main MMO. The only two points I can agree on from the OP is that housing is a disaster and end game is just not strong enough to keep the hardcores happy long. 

The first issue IS being addressed, and we are lucky it is because in many MMOs housing is not there or it is forgotten pretty fast. But solving such a problem is not like waving a magic wand, it takes some time. I personally cannot wait for appartments and Ishgard housing. Yes plots are an issue and it sucks for new FCs. However I've been in 2 small FC's and both times we were able to secure a house. One even moved from a small plot to a medium plot. So it's not like it's impossible. 

I don't know much about end game other then people seem to get bored in between patches at some point. I wish they were something to alleviate that, but as a casual myself I have no idea what that could be. I'm usually over down the chain still trying to finish story content, doing treasure maps, gathering/cafting, playing triple triad, dungeon roulette..... 

So far to a player like myself the game has been reliable and versatile. I've met great people in game and it's always a good time. I can't say that for other MMOs. So while maybe the experience isn't good enough for the OP, it sure as hell is good enough to many, many others. XD 

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Colt47 said:
    Colt47 said:
    Colt47 said:

You talk like I'm the only one with the issue.  That I find funny.   :p
    I don't see anybody else here complaining about it. 

Again, WOW starts with 10. ESO has 60. SWTOR starts with 20. WE START WITH 200.

WoW only has 400 slots. SWTOR has 600 max. Including storage.

In FF for 14.99$ you can have the game for the month and the sub rewards and an extra retainer putting you at 800 inventory slots.

Again, where is the issue?
    Well, since you need to see it to believe it...

http://n4g.com/news/1842922/ffxiv-is-in-the-midst-of-a-major-housing-crisis

Original housing crisis funny shinaniganry

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2gjd3o/how_to_fix_the_current_housing_crisis/

Thread on the steam community about retainers and heavensward...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/39210/discussions/0/594820656463600272/

and more from reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3i3ufn/can_we_please_have_more_retainerinventory_slots/

It's kind of everywhere, actually.  Most of that I was able to find off of using google search in about 5 minutes of time.  O.o
    You can't just cite websites that agree with your narrative. It has a large player base, you are going to find people that agree with your sentiments. This is especially so when someone is talking about a negative, people don't make positive posts such as "housing is fine" or "Retainers is fine". 

Right now, you can find thousands of websites and articles about people talking about the world is flat, doesn't make them right, but if you were looking for source material to suit your narrative, there it is. You get the point i'm making?

Now, in my view some of the issues are real, some are not;

Retainers - This is not an issue, it really really isn't. With 2 retainers available I leveled up all classes to max level, this also includes all gathering and crafting classes. Not a single issue to be had. Peoples issue with this is a combination of being a little lazy and not having good management. People just tned to play the game and not get involved in all the (what they consider) boring prep stuff... such as managing your bag space or not utilizing your Armoire which can hold a lot of stuff in itself. 

When 2 additional retainers became available I actually bought them to hold a lot of gear that I glammed for cosmetic reasons. To date I have not filled all of my retainers. 

Now, the housing thing is a different scenario, yeah this is a problem. Not enough houses for people. The thing is that this was always meant to be for guild housing, with personal housing to come out much later. Sadly the housing system is used mainly for personal housing, this is due to the lack of the feature being improved upon. As much of a gripe that this is, I do understand that they are limited due to the frame work they have built upon and its going to take some time to address it, but statistically they probably look at all areas of the game being enjoyed and look to contribute those features before anything else, after all  if you have 10k people wanting housing, but 50k wanting more content like quests and dungeons then realistically you'd pool yor resource where the demand is. 

Soon however we shall see some houses being freed up, but more could be done to improve on this. Although this is a gripe, no one bought the game to simulate house design, its a nice and desired feature, but not why people subscribe. 

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    edited January 2016
    Tsumoro said:
    Colt47 said:
    Colt47 said:
    Colt47 said:

You talk like I'm the only one with the issue.  That I find funny.   :p
    I don't see anybody else here complaining about it. 

Again, WOW starts with 10. ESO has 60. SWTOR starts with 20. WE START WITH 200.

WoW only has 400 slots. SWTOR has 600 max. Including storage.

In FF for 14.99$ you can have the game for the month and the sub rewards and an extra retainer putting you at 800 inventory slots.

Again, where is the issue?
    Well, since you need to see it to believe it...

http://n4g.com/news/1842922/ffxiv-is-in-the-midst-of-a-major-housing-crisis

Original housing crisis funny shinaniganry

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2gjd3o/how_to_fix_the_current_housing_crisis/

Thread on the steam community about retainers and heavensward...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/39210/discussions/0/594820656463600272/

and more from reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3i3ufn/can_we_please_have_more_retainerinventory_slots/

It's kind of everywhere, actually.  Most of that I was able to find off of using google search in about 5 minutes of time.  O.o
    You can't just cite websites that agree with your narrative. It has a large player base, you are going to find people that agree with your sentiments. This is especially so when someone is talking about a negative, people don't make positive posts such as "housing is fine" or "Retainers is fine". 

Right now, you can find thousands of websites and articles about people talking about the world is flat, doesn't make them right, but if you were looking for source material to suit your narrative, there it is. You get the point i'm making?

Now, in my view some of the issues are real, some are not;

Retainers - This is not an issue, it really really isn't. With 2 retainers available I leveled up all classes to max level, this also includes all gathering and crafting classes. Not a single issue to be had. Peoples issue with this is a combination of being a little lazy and not having good management. People just tned to play the game and not get involved in all the (what they consider) boring prep stuff... such as managing your bag space or not utilizing your Armoire which can hold a lot of stuff in itself. 

When 2 additional retainers became available I actually bought them to hold a lot of gear that I glammed for cosmetic reasons. To date I have not filled all of my retainers. 

Now, the housing thing is a different scenario, yeah this is a problem. Not enough houses for people. The thing is that this was always meant to be for guild housing, with personal housing to come out much later. Sadly the housing system is used mainly for personal housing, this is due to the lack of the feature being improved upon. As much of a gripe that this is, I do understand that they are limited due to the frame work they have built upon and its going to take some time to address it, but statistically they probably look at all areas of the game being enjoyed and look to contribute those features before anything else, after all  if you have 10k people wanting housing, but 50k wanting more content like quests and dungeons then realistically you'd pool yor resource where the demand is. 

Soon however we shall see some houses being freed up, but more could be done to improve on this. Although this is a gripe, no one bought the game to simulate house design, its a nice and desired feature, but not why people subscribe. 

Yes, I can quote with sites that support my narrative because I'm supporting a view point.  A view point you may not agree with.  You also have the right to go cite sources that agree with you, which probably includes some posts from their main site as well as the few posters here.  

Case in point, if your only ability to counter argue is to discredit the poster, you've already failed at trying to argue against the poster.  Also, given you have listed NO sources and are only posting your own experience, how much weight do you think that gives you?

Also, did you read who I was arguing with?  Or did this spontaneous outburst just happen to come by because you only read my one post and none before or after?

In any case, there were a lot more people at the time agreeing that the inventory system has problems in Final Fantasy XIV than not, so take that for what it's worth.  The issue with the Lodestone is that it's basically a cloistered community of subscribers that already like the game and many of the people posting positive things often do so repeatedly.