Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis has sold me...

2»

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    It's a bit of a buggy clunky mess at the moment.  Hopefully they continue development, there may be some hope for this game a ways down the road.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Is this a "Button Spamming" game like GW2 or ESO? I would love to just select my skill to my RIGHT-LEFT Mouse button and keep my eyes on the screen, not buttons. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I pledged the $10 ,10 months ago and downloaded the game and so did my brother. Played it for about 3 hours and decided it was unplayable for my standards. I've been looking closely of the game's progression cause it sure looks full of potentials.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    edited January 2016
    Avanah said:
    Is this a "Button Spamming" game like GW2 or ESO? I would love to just select my skill to my RIGHT-LEFT Mouse button and keep my eyes on the screen, not buttons. :)
    Since neither of those were "button spamming games" any more than any other game...I would have no idea what you mean...

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    edited January 2016
    Avanah said:
    Since neither of those were "button spamming games" any more than any other game...I would have no idea what you mean...
    I see where the confusion is. ESO and Gw2 are indeed button spammers are you hit buttons constantly. ESO is terrible for this due to animation cancelling and is most definitely a button masher. Avanah threw in the screen viewing issue most commonly associated with games with tons of UI buttons that can force people to look at the UI more than the game world but ESO and GW2 have few buttons so should easily avoid this.

Outside of the UI issue ESO and GW2 are most definitely button mashers because combat is driven by how fast you can hit your buttons more than strategy over time.

You stay sassy!

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    edited January 2016
    Torval said:
    Tamanous said:
    Avanah said:
    I see where the confusion is. ESO and Gw2 are indeed button spammers are you hit buttons constantly. ESO is terrible for this due to animation cancelling and is most definitely a button masher. Avanah threw in the screen viewing issue most commonly associated with games with tons of UI buttons that can force people to look at the UI more than the game world but ESO and GW2 have few buttons so should easily avoid this.

Outside of the UI issue ESO and GW2 are most definitely button mashers because combat is driven by how fast you can hit your buttons more than strategy over time.
    Since you can't stack skills on top of each other and must wait for execution cooldown what you say makes no sense. Button mashing in either game will get you killed.

A short trip to YouTube would show this game isn't a button masher. It does look like one of those where you do a lot of running and strafing behind your opponent for an opening. That looks sort of cheesy.
    Then you are choosing to use a different definition of button masher and we will never come to an agreement.

Button mashing at it's simplest is the need to use abilities as quick possible and has nothing to do with what order. Strategy can still be built in but hitting abilities quickly is part of keeping dps up. Many games are built around other mechanics and slow the pace down attempting to avoid back to back ability use. End result is in ESO you hit buttons fast and very, very often. It is a style of play difference.

You stay sassy!

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,184
    As an old Darkfall player it seems pretty bad to me. Grinding npcs endlessly for levels like a themepark and all....

Ripperx wen't from sandbox games to being addicted to carrot on a stick themepark alphas with around 10 people online on either server.

Maybe some people get too old for competitive gaming. It seems ripperx has. Grind those npcs all day bro with those 5-10 other people logged in.
    I'm confused, are you talking against Darkfall or for it? Considering your negative comments in regards to grinding I have to assume you hated DF.
  • Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    redrip said:
     The Devs have added major updates and features to the game including new Land content, islands with new monsters, brothels, a Territorial Conquest system where you get points for taking over towns and cities. 
    Wait what? Brothels? I'm in!
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    This is shaping up to be a fantastic game.  Once they figure out how to get their game play smoothed out, its performance is still eradicate, I can pull down a steady 100 plus FPS but it still hitches all to hell every 2 or 3 seconds.  And fix the first person view, Ill be sold on this one.  Trying using a bow in First Person its kind of hysterical at the moment.
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited June 2016
    I was very sceptical for this one. But... Yeah, just bought the game. And it seems it really gives a great medieval immersion, even when it's still in deep development phase. The combat is little clunky and need some tweaks for sure, but it's enjoyable. Killing boars was never so satisfying, lol! The character progression is simple, but with much varieties to test. For me (after few hours of playtime) this is a totally worth 10$ product, especially while considering that the game will still grow.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    It is in EA so talking about bugs is pointless. But talking about the concept is very justifiable. Node gathering and tiny map will kill this game before it even launches properly. This is not a sandbox, this is like a moba wrapped in a sandbox-paper. Tournaments and endless raids to control towns you can count on the fingers or your hands. And to add to the insult there is no player housing, not possibility for clans and guilds to own territory. One can even jump from server to server to without any penalty. And death is an actual reward since it allows you to insta-travel!!! Where is the sandbox in that?

Some good elements but this is not what will keep me occupied over years. I gave them my money but my hopes are down for this one.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Hearing you actually have to kill mobs to skill up is actually a plus for me. Having played Darkfail, I know what would happen if you could skill up on players: macros. Pass on that crap.

Hopefully they can make pve fun and yield stuff to progress your character. Without that, GV won't have a chance in the long term, just as Darkfall didn't.

• HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Avanah said:
    You need just Right/Left Mouse for attack and block, Q for Kick, and 1-10 for weapons, tools and food ;)
  • ethanlallaethanlalla Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Anyone got a spare key? Lmao, I don't even have enough for the summer sale.
    Playing or interested in playing SWTOR? Use my referral link here and we will both get rewards! Including a week of game time for you, if you are a preferred status player! Click here for more info!
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    Sorry but coming from the staff, I wont beleive it. I only trust the reviews, sorry.

• AshestoAshes420AshestoAshes420 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited June 2016
    I saw a video from a month before launch on steam and it looked alot less clean, check out this video! Just taken last week.

Side note, I havnt grinded any npc's besides ones i want for recipes. Most xp i get is from pvp and taking castles or the tournaments. I got to 30+ in a weeks time but levels seem mildly important since at lvl 10 i was able to go toe to toe with lvl50.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    That video looks like the game was being run on the lowest possible settings.

• AshestoAshes420AshestoAshes420 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Dullahan said:
    That video looks like the game was being run on the lowest possible settings.

Thats quite possible, when your focus is pvp you dont care about having the sun flare your screen.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Doesn't look too bad.

One question:  Does it have God damned dodge rolling?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Tamanous said:
    Torval said:
    Tamanous said:
    Avanah said:

Since you can't stack skills on top of each other and must wait for execution cooldown what you say makes no sense. Button mashing in either game will get you killed.

A short trip to YouTube would show this game isn't a button masher. It does look like one of those where you do a lot of running and strafing behind your opponent for an opening. That looks sort of cheesy.
    Then you are choosing to use a different definition of button masher and we will never come to an agreement.

Button mashing at it's simplest is the need to use abilities as quick possible and has nothing to do with what order. Strategy can still be built in but hitting abilities quickly is part of keeping dps up. Many games are built around other mechanics and slow the pace down attempting to avoid back to back ability use. End result is in ESO you hit buttons fast and very, very often. It is a style of play difference.
    I guess button mashing applies to the real world.  Cauz when you're in a fight, you want to use your fighting abilities quickly and in order.  Ask boxers.

I self identify as a monkey.

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    If theres dodge rolling I wouldn t play it too, stupid action freak combat. So talented lol.