Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Not Free to Play at Launch', CBT Through August 1, 2016

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Fearum said:
    Good, F*** F2P garbage. Was writing this game off after they announced they were going to be a F2P game, now will look into it and probably try it out.
    What's the difference between F2P and B2P where B2P isn't garbage? I would think the only difference here is whether or not you pay a box fee. After that, it's still the same game. Garbage or not.
  • SquishemSquishem Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I've been playing since last month although I log in only to farm due to more people leaving and grind issues and pvp zerg issues. seems to me that by then they will have lost their fan base to other beta's coming out, crowfall, camelot unchained, etc. They posted there is a ton of changes coming and thats great but it will be too late IMHO. I only say this because I have played and gone through nearly 50 MMO in the last 20 years.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    That's good because you don't get random ass hats that come and go.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    b2p is good ...very good they will now turn this into the crowfall killer lol
    gammer 4 life
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Translation they made a game they thought would be a grind but found out 3 weeks after they unleashed players into it the players maxed out everything the developers thought would take a long time to do
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Akulas said:
    That's good because you don't get random ass hats that come and go.
    Sure you will... contrary to what seems to be popular belief there were plenty of asshats in old games (sub only) as well. WHole guilds derived under the banner of being just that.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Ya having to make money and buy things sucks, life is much better when people give you things for free.  I really miss my parents.
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I just do not understand why people get their panties in a bunch when a company tries too take their time and polish a game?

And B2P as I stated before kudos to them...I mean how do you expect content in the future and current dev on the game to be financed? I mean NOTHING is free in life nothing.....and if you enjoy t he game that much you should pay them for their artistry.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Urncaller said:
    I just do not understand why people get their panties in a bunch when a company tries too take their time and polish a game?

And B2P as I stated before kudos to them...I mean how do you expect content in the future and current dev on the game to be financed? I mean NOTHING is free in life nothing.....and if you enjoy t he game that much you should pay them for their artistry.
    I don't think many at all would complain that a game wants to take it's time to polish a game however HOW do you know when this is the case,because they say so?Developers are salesmen,they want your money one way or another,that is why they do interviews and pay for advertising.

Obviously the players are the final judge if a developer actually spent any time polishing their game or if it was simply a smokescreen for great media chatter.We see the term ALPHA and Beta thrown around a lot but guess what we see,it is simply a marketing ploy to attract early access money,to make money off a game before it deserves to be making any money.

Point being,lets wait and see what they do with the game moving forward.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BotoBRBotoBR Member UncommonPosts: 8
    They want money, but the game is not worth it. much hype for a browser game, it seems so ridiculous.
  • BotoBRBotoBR Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Urncaller said:

that content? the game does not have any history, only farm, grind and pvp. It seems to me rather a big trap.
  • freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Mostly preferred B2P gamse over F2P games because you will often get a better community. Some F2P games when done right are great. Also like the occasionally android game, but the problem with F2P is the players and while you do get nice people you also get the worst of the worst. This selling model will definitely get the players that are most interested invested in this game.
  • jackie28jackie28 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I don't have a problem with B2P, it's actually a good model, and this is an enjoyable, addictive game.

THE PROBLEM ARISES in that it is so damn grindy that I've had no interest in pushing my character's development for two weeks already while anticipating a wipe around March.

Now that the the final wipe is pushed to August, I'm just going to find something else to play for most of 2016.  I think this was a poor decision because my gut sense was the game was good enough to make a successful launch and they're actually going to gamble that this initial good run of interest will still be there and "take" in the fall when other games are due out.  I wish them luck, but I will not be participating as a "tester" for 8 months.

It can't hardly be good for player retention to "release" a product, call it "beta" or whatever, take money, and expect players to invest their time for a YEAR, and then delete their characters.   Granted people know in advance what the deal is, but my opinion, it's going to have the same effect on a game as if you played Guild Wars 2 for a year and then deleted everybody.  Some percentage of players are gonna walk.
  • z0mb13n1njaz0mb13n1nja Member UncommonPosts: 27
    does anyone know if they do regular toon wipes or will the toon wipes come at the end of cbt
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I've been playing AO.  It's fun, but it's a very simply designed game.  I mean, it's meant to be playable on tablets.  The landscape and player/NPC models are extremely basic.  The combat is some of the simplest I've ever played in an MMO.  There's no way they need another eight months of CBT.  They're doing this to milk more people for the higher priced early access packages.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    it looks like my kinda game. my main concern is whether ill be playing CU beta by this point or dare i dream, pantheon.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• DeathRowInmateDeathRowInmate Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Isnt that around the same release as WoW's xpac? I understand wanting to make sure its polished, but I mean, the giant is down right now. Nows the time to strike and try to peel away there players.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Stizzled said:
    Stizzled said:
    I guess they've sold enough Founder's packs that they think they can make a go of it as a B2P game. Hope it works out for them.

I think they finally realized the vocal minority is really a minority. Too bad other game developers don't realize it sooner in their roadmaps.
    Which vocal minority are you referring to?
    Pretty clearly seems to be referring to the people who want everything for free.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I like the fact that it isn't going free to play to start to be honest. I want to try it more now that it's going to be B2P.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Fearum said:
    Good, F*** F2P garbage. Was writing this game off after they announced they were going to be a F2P game, now will look into it and probably try it out.

They can still get people by the cash shop if they're do it wrong but alot people would not know until after they pay for the game.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I really dont enjoy the game, but got a legendary founders : (
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Pffft... so they expect me to grind away until August and then with a smile on their face wipe it all away.

No thanks. I've got my access and I'll check it out, but not gonna spend much time on the game as it will all be gone anyway.
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    edited December 2015
    LOL.

What a shady marketing tactic. They announced it as a "Free 2 play" business model to get tons of attention from the f2p gamers and get the hype up, more so than it would of gotten had it just been announced what it actually is, a retail buy once game. It's pretty clear this company has no plan on going free 2 play and never did by the things they stated in that forum post. The only time this game will be seeing f2p is if the game starts to fail as a buy once model. They should of just announced what it was from the beginning.

I had little interest in it to begin with but I might of given it a try when it launched free 2 play. Obviously this marketing tactic killed the little bit of interest I did have lol. GL
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    This is what happens when they have closed beta instead of open. no way for them to be ready for f2p.

Archeage EU - Nui

• darkninja776darkninja776 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited December 2015
    I don't mind that this game is buy to play. What bothers me is them advertising this game as f2p from the beginning. Now that they are seeing how much people are willing to pay for founder they go back on their word. I was here from the beginning and I know that a lot of support that they got was due to their f2p model. Honestly feels like a slap in the face for the people who invested in them early on.

If you guys want to support a company that flip flops for greed then go ahead. This gets a pass for me.